Irish Craic Classic 2014 Details and Deposits

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Sir Gibbo of Gibbo and myself are narrowing down our search to get a quick pre ICC game in on Thursday 3rd July. late afternoon and are looking between Dublin & Monaghan.

Anyone played Mannan Castle? looks like a nice place and at 20 euro's fits the budget.

Of course anyone wishing to join us would be warmly welcomed :)

Opinions chaps please

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sir Gibbo of Gibbo and myself are narrowing down our search to get a quick pre ICC game in on Thursday 3rd July. late afternoon and are looking between Dublin & Monaghan.

Anyone played Mannan Castle? looks like a nice place and at 20 euro's fits the budget.

Of course anyone wishing to join us would be warmly welcomed :)

Opinions chaps please

From what I've heard/read you would be better heading all the way to Monaghan and playing Rossmore G.C
http://www.rossmoregolfclub.ie

Nothing wrong with Mannan Castle but Rossmore is supposedly a good bit better and roughly the same cost.

I have already emailed Rossmore asking for a price for a game on the Thursday evening for the 6 of us staying in Monaghan and just waiting to hear back from them, in fact I must chase them up.

How does that sound Phil? Or have you booked Mannan yet?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
No nothing booked yet, just investigating, rossmore sounds great and even better if there is a group of us
We should be up in Monaghan by 16.00 ish :)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No nothing booked yet, just investigating, rossmore sounds great and even better if there is a group of us
We should be up in Monaghan by 16.00 ish :)

Have just re-emailed them so hopefully hear back from them shortly.

At least it will keep us off the sauce a little before Concra the next day as being in a hotel from about 4pm is only going to get messy :cheers:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's still plenty of time :)
Can't wait to sample my first pint of the Black Stuff on Irish soil :)

It's a completely different taste from the Guinness you get over there, I'm Scottish and living over here 20 years and have tried it back home but the stuff they call Guinness on the mainland is a poor imitation of the real McCoy.

It even looks far better over here

image.jpg

I do believe that's a photo taken from the first ICC in the infamous Rusty Nail :cheers:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Farnham today folks. Society outing and thought I did poorly with 31 points and about 5 blobs. Thoughts it was bad but the day was won with 33 so must have been tough for everyone despite the great weather.

Anyway they didn't have enough buggies for us so cut a long story short they gave my fourball a greenkeeper cart which took the four bags and actually great fun driving it around with 3 men squeezed into the seats and another sitting in the little dumper part with the bags.

As a favour to us the guy at Farnham (who needs to learn very little about customer service) has agreed to put 4 buggies aside for us. I know that isn't enough for everyone going but this means there are 3 buggies up for grabs (I'm taking one ;)) cost about 10 euro a buggy as I recall. If you want one let Steve know before the 15th so we can confirm with the course and if uptake isn't for the lot the shop can offer them back out.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played Farnham today folks. Society outing and thought I did poorly with 31 points and about 5 blobs. Thoughts it was bad but the day was won with 33 so must have been tough for everyone despite the great weather.

Anyway they didn't have enough buggies for us so cut a long story short they gave my fourball a greenkeeper cart which took the four bags and actually great fun driving it around with 3 men squeezed into the seats and another sitting in the little dumper part with the bags.

As a favour to us the guy at Farnham (who needs to learn very little about customer service) has agreed to put 4 buggies aside for us. I know that isn't enough for everyone going but this means there are 3 buggies up for grabs (I'm taking one ;)) cost about 10 euro a buggy as I recall. If you want one let Steve know before the 15th so we can confirm with the course and if uptake isn't for the lot the shop can offer them back out.

Sure why not ? Go on Steve if theres one going il take it..

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

therein lies the difference between Ireland and England. I would love to see the members faces if 4 irish lads bombed up the 18th fairway at Ormskirk Golf Club in that!

:rofl: