iPhone replacement

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
HIDs iPhone 6 ? is no longer supported so looking to replace.

I'm thinking of a Googl Pixel but any other suggestions (I'm going to try and get her off apple phonesas I think they are a PITA)

Ta.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've had two Pixels now, currently have the 6. Absolutely love it. Regular updates. Only issue I've had is that depending what it is doing, it does get quite warm sometimes. On holiday in Kefalonia a few weeks ago, it wouldn't let me use the camera until it had cooled down a bit. But other than that, it's good.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Xiaomi as mentioned above are decent

I got decent model for the wife off Amazon £256 outright

She loves it . Very good camera

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had two Pixels now, currently have the 6. Absolutely love it. Regular updates. Only issue I've had is that depending what it is doing, it does get quite warm sometimes. On holiday in Kefalonia a few weeks ago, it wouldn't let me use the camera until it had cooled down a bit. But other than that, it's good.
All phones do the same if they get too hot. It protects the phone. My sons phone shut down a couple of times in Italy in the summer, he has a Samsung. He had been taking a lot of pictures plus the heat of the day meant it started to overheat and so it turned itself off. Not a fault of the phone ?

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I got a Real Me 7 pro a couple of years ago from Amazon. Still going strong. The specs in it would probably give the big flagship phones a run for their money even now. Camera probably isn't as good but still top notch. They do a 9 pro for £300. I'd look into that as they're amazing value. No need to spend Megabucks

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an OPPO A54 5G does everything I want it to. There is an A74 5G now £200 or less

The only thing I have really noticed is that when used on extreme zoom (e.g. brown bird in a tree) colour distinction gets a bit iffy, but I know from years of experience of 35mm photography a photo of birds in trees on extreme zoom is often not that great.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I'm thinking of a Googl Pixel but any other suggestions (I'm going to try and get her off apple phonesas I think they are a PITA)

Ta.

Does Missis SB have a tablet or other apple products. I changed to a Samsung cos The camera was better. It was a ball ache changing from Apple to Android. The phone was very good but the apple was not synched to the android. At the end of the Samsung Contract I went back to apple.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If your Mrs is a long time iPhone user. Just get another iPhone. It will just work, and she’ll be familiar with it. It will save you a lot of ear ache.

The SE is cheap and will be a step up from the 6. You can get mini and refurbished versions of other iPhones on the Apple website.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Ta.

if she had an iphone before, then weaning her off Apple is a difficult one. If you are open to getting a refurb, then have a look anything after an iphone 10.. it will run for the next few years.
Depends on how much u want to spend...

Apple website doing refubrs of iphone 12 for under 500 >> https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refur...xid__&cid=aos-uk-kwgo-refurb--slid---product-

giffgaff iphone 10 under 300> https://www.giffgaff.com/mobile-phones/apple/apple-iphone-x-refurbished/like-new

Also look up MSE >> https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/sim-free/apple/iphone-12/?refurb

RichA

Visit site
I went from 20 years of good Samsung phones to an IPhone SE a couple of years ago. I couldn't go back now. She won't thank you if you do what you're suggesting.
iPhone SE 2022 starts at £420.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Problem is I'm the one who has to sort out all the issues and I think apple sucks. What do iPhones do other than android ? Facetime is all I can think of.
Plus the fact I'll end up paying for it.;)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Problem is I'm the one who has to sort out all the issues and I think apple sucks. What do iPhones do other than android ? Facetime is all I can think of.
Plus the fact I'll end up paying for it.;)

NOTHING.... apple is good follower of android tech... but it is like high quality cocaine.. it gets you addicted... and sucks you into its ecosystem. It also pays me a tiny dividend... so pl buy Apple

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went from iPhone for many years to Android for a few years and now back to iPhone, I would say I miss the Android most, going from one system to another is a bit of a pain though especailly if you use shared sevices among your family, and if your wife is anything like mine she hates change and everything will be your fault/problem ;) One positive for Apple is the length of life support for updates compared to Android and the good resale value means they can be cheaper to own despite the higher initial cost.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why not a new iphone? Iphone6 was launched in 2014. I'll assume she didnt get it new, so lets guess its 5 years old, thats pretty blooming good for a mobile phone. I would be looking at the iPhone 11 or 12 then based on history. Should be good for another 5 years,

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why not a new iphone? Iphone6 was launched in 2014. I'll assume she didnt get it new, so lets guess its 5 years old, thats pretty blooming good for a mobile phone. I would be looking at the iPhone 11 or 12 then based on history. Should be good for another 5 years,

I’ve been badgering my missus to do the same for a few years. Went to a gig just after Covid, her IPhone 6 wasn’t compatible with the NHS app ?
Went to London a few months ago and got discounted tickets via some app, you guessed it, wouldn’t work on her phone so there was a mad scramble to find the log in details so I could do it on my phone, all while the ticket collector was patiently waiting ?