Inverness 2014, Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart and more

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reckon I'll be pretty much up for this exciting trip to some of Scotland's finest. Any option really and could liase for transport at my mates in Penrith if no one going from the East.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Id prefer option 3 Peter. But if the majority go for one of the other options then that's fine :thup:

Where are you thinking of staying.... In Inverness or somewhere out of the way? Do the Caravan parks have a facility for some :cheers:

Last edited:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Id prefer option 3 Peter. But if the majority go for one of the other options then that's fine :thup:

Where are you thinking of staying.... In Inverness or somewhere out of the way? Do the Caravan parks have a facility for some :cheers:

There will deffo be facilities for :cheers: Wherever we go! :thup:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am reluctantly being ruled out of the full trip after cards on the table discussions with the Mr's.

Still mulling a weekend only / flight in & out jobby - never give up!!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site

Cant speak for Inverness but Nairn nightlife was a bit of a joke, out by 11 in any bars we could find, caravan park was 100% though.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cant speak for Inverness but Nairn nightlife was a bit of a joke, out by 11 in any bars we could find, caravan park was 100% though.

Indeed, there 's not much in Nairn and its only close to one course you are playing.. I suggest you stay in or close to Inverness. Plenty of B&B's and it has lets say a "colourful" nightlife with 20 bars + and 3 night clubs.

They have even opened a Pole dancing club somewhere this week, though it could just be some Polish Guys dancing around pished;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Indeed, there 's not much in Nairn and its only close to one course you are playing.. I suggest you stay in or close to Inverness. Plenty of B&B's and it has lets say a "colourful" nightlife with 20 bars + and 3 night clubs.

They have even opened a Pole dancing club somewhere this week, though it could just be some Polish Guys dancing around pished;)

Maybe we need a Prole dancing club, for us scallies. I reckon StuC can throw a few shapes.

So come on people when can and when can't you make it, without this info, we can't move onto the booking stage.

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So if you can get a 3 or 4 night pass from HID - YES :thup:

you want to play some of the most scenic, out the bloody way courses in our fair isles - YES :thup:

you can afford the moolah - NO :(

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So if you can get a 3 or 4 night pass from HID - YES :thup:

you want to play some of the most scenic, out the bloody way courses in our fair isles - YES :thup:

you can afford the moolah - NO :(

At a saving of potentially £180 - can you afford not to turn it down, or miss it? Depends on your point of view.

Suggestion 1 - shoot some more hot dogs!

Suggestion 2 - It will probably be in staged payments, initial deposit in the next month or so for the courses only, balance in February, hopefully. You can save for your accomodation and spends in the next 10-11 months.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Birchy 2 or 3
Liverbirdie Any??
Bluewolf depends on rota
StuC
Valentino Option 2 preferred but happy to do any
Huds1475 doubtful
Qwerty Option 3 preferred but happy to do any
Patricks148
Gregbwfc Option 2 not preferred but will do any
Karl102 Depends on schools
Junior NOT option 2
Five&one
NWJocko
Fish
Scouser
2blue - Happy with any

Any more preferences please people :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm deffo up for it, what I'd say is I'd want as much out of it as possible so the most and best courses in the time allotted for it not to be all too rushed, if you know what I mean, and, not stuck out in the sticks, I've watched The Wickerman and these isolated area's scare me ;)

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm deffo up for it, what I'd say is I'd want as much out of it as possible so the most and best courses in the time allotted for it not to be all too rushed, if you know what I mean, and, not stuck out in the sticks, I've watched The Wickerman and these isolated area's scare me ;)

Ok mate that sounds like the same idea weve been working to so that's good news :D. Once we have sorted out the golf booking side we will try and book the accommodation which will suit us best for being close to civilisation & pubs etc etc. We can get a few pointers off our Inverness representative Patrick :thup:

Weve looked to get the 3 star courses of the area as the main core of the trip then once that's booked in we can also add on other golf as people see fit. Some may want to play a bit more/less than others etc.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just to throw a spanner in the works.... CS and Royal Dornoch do a special in October. The misses treated me earlier this year to 2 rounds at CS and 1 round at RD with 2 night B&B at the Royal Dornoch hotel for £275 fantastic value, and I was playing in shirt sleeves....though that can't be guaranteed in October.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to throw a spanner in the works.... CS and Royal Dornoch do a special in October. The misses treated me earlier this year to 2 rounds at CS and 1 round at RD with 2 night B&B at the Royal Dornoch hotel for £275 fantastic value, and I was playing in shirt sleeves....though that can't be guaranteed in October.

Cheers for the heads up. We did look at these packages but I didn't fancy risking it with the weather and having 12-16 lads stood outside my hotel room baying for blood when it starts snowing :D

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still don't know if I can make this.

If I can Option 2 or 3 are best for me out of those.

Top work arranging this (again) LB and Birchy, looks a cracking trip.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Birchy 2 or 3
Liverbirdie Any??
Bluewolf depends on rota
StuC
Huds1475 doubtful
Patricks148
Junior NOT option 2
Five&one
NWJocko Option 2 or 3 look best
Fish - Up for it
Scouser
2blue - Happy with any

Any more preferences please people

Option 3 looking best to suit most people at the moment.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Birchy 2 or 3
Liverbirdie Any??
Bluewolf depends on rota
StuC
Huds1475 doubtful
Patricks148
Junior NOT option 2
Five&one
NWJocko Option 2 or 3 look best
Fish - Up for it
Scouser
2blue - Happy with any

Any more preferences please people

Option 3 looking best to suit most people at the moment.

I'm ok for any, Birchy.

Twire, thanks. I ws originally thinking of tying it in with the Ryder cup Sunday at Gleneagles, then playing these courses Monday onwards, but I thought October in Highland Scotland could be a washout.