Info for new starter in Sidcup Kent

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sidcup gc is a 9 hole course. Never played it so can’t comment on it.

I think places like birchwood and Chelsfileld lakes (female pro) have ladies group lessons

There are 2 female pros at redlibbets who are supposed to be good

gopher99

Visit site
I would suggest pedham place or west Malling golf club. West Malling has one of the biggest ladies goof clothing in the area. And thinking about it World of Golf at sidcup has coffee mornings for ladies with lessons as well.

Last edited:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A friend of a friend (female/40s) is looking to start playing golf , lives in Sidcup.

Any local knowledge of Sidcup GC for "get into golf" programmes / ladies sections/ coaching etc etc...

I said we'd have someone local who would know

Who's the teaching pro ?.
Pedham used to run ladies golfing sessions , might be worth a call, the head pro there,Tim Milford is a top bloke.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would assume so, they’ve just had a new clubhouse and range refurb
Plans have been made for a housing development on it, with eventually perhaps a 9 hole course incorporated in it. Either way, the existing 18 holes, clubhouse and everything there will be "altered"

gopher99

Visit site
Very good point.lol Hopefully they took the missile silos out, you wouldn’t want one of them launching through your dining room table whilst having dinner?. I just read the proposals, dosent look like the final planning permission has been granted yet. The guy who owns pedham place must be sitting on a fortune if it gets sold to a housing company.

In the Proposed Submission Local Plan, neither Broke Hill Golf Club nor Land North and East of Westerham are now being proposed for development site allocations. Sevenoaks acknowledges that, despite having explored a range of options including these sites, it is still unable to meet its housing needs in full (13,960 units). It identifies components of housing supply to deliver 10,568 units during the plan period, including the release of two Green Belt parcels at Four Elms Road and Sevenoaks Quarry (to provide 940 units in total). A second tranche of the supply is to come from “brownfield” land, i.e. existing permissions, windfall sites, sites within existing settlements and sites in the Green Belt which it considers can be delivered without Green Belt release. The final addition is Pedham Place, a golf course between Swanley and Farningham. The latter is not proposed for Green Belt release yet, but it is suggested it will be investigated when the plan is reviewed in five years. Guess they will look in 2023

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very good point.lol Hopefully they took the missile silos out, you wouldn’t want one of them launching through your dining room table whilst having dinner?. I just read the proposals, dosent look like the final planning permission has been granted yet. The guy who owns pedham place must be sitting on a fortune if it gets sold to a housing company.
Its probably the same thought process as Southern Valley, which is probably going to be converted into access roads for the new Thames Lower Crossing.
I think the term they use is "speculate to accumulate"

Oh, and youre not allowed to grow vegetables on St Marys Island, or have a washing line;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
St Marys Island used to be a nuclear sub base, but taking 10feet of top soil off apparently makes it safe;)

My son lived on an estate built where the old Royal Enfield Arms Factory was similar thing happened there. Apparently they put put a membrane and you were told not to dig below a certain depth due to ground contamination.

Biggest problem they had was realising that it was also the piece of ground where the Waltham Abbey Royal Gunpowder used to have pits to test the explosives and all the land could not be used because holes suddenly appear like sink holes.