Inflation of Greens Fees for the Top UK Courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

A7064275-EEFB-4C33-B084-FBF66590CF3B.jpeg

These prices have certainly gone up over the years - it’s clear that people pay this ( mainly the US guests )

What’s peoples thoughts

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We play a lot in the USA and most Florida courses have three rack rates.
So OCN is a Q school course in Orlando.
Visitors $120 approx
Florida resident $80?
Orlando resident $60.

This is the norm in the USA.
So no reason that courses here could not do it.
Their exclusive so don’t want lots of people turning up for cheap rounds but £375 is a bit much.
I would not pay that for 18 holes anywhere maybe Augusta that’s it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Visitors $120 approx
Florida resident $80?
Orlando resident $60.

Their exclusive so don’t want lots of people turning up for cheap rounds but £375 is a bit much.
As a member of an Angus club I can play Carnoustie at half price, I've done it - so it does apply to a certain extent - does at some other courses in Scotland too - Trump's place has certainly had a cut price deal for Aberdeenshire residents.

D

Deleted member 3432

Must be bored, he posted that last summer!

No thanks but if people want to pay that then good look to them.

Personally I'm happy to play golf at a great course that is superb value and feel no need to travel the country and pay hugely inflated green fees.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a member of an Angus club I can play Carnoustie at half price, I've done it - so it does apply to a certain extent - does at some other courses in Scotland too - Trump's place has certainly had a cut price deal for Aberdeenshire residents.
That’s good .
But not heard of anything like that here.
We have a county card but the big open courses are not on it as far as I know.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The clubs realise that to get into the GM Top 100 they need to up their game so have been investing heavily on flower beds, car parks, monogrammed table ware, course definition, etc.
These things cost money so prices must reflect that.

The worst thing for me is that high prices are filtering down to the second and third tier courses as, even for the Americans, it's now too dear to play half a dozen top courses in one trip so they look at two or three top courses and the rest second/third tier.
And with the likes of NLU and Eric whatsis'name showcasing those courses on YouTube the prices will continue to climb.

evemccc

Visit site
Visitors $120 approx
Florida resident $80?
Orlando resident $60.

Exactly.

Sadly when NLU make their England Tourist Sauce series, they will increase even more. But it has to be said that most of these English courses don't need the American dollar as much as the Scottish / Irish courses do.

As I can't go overseas for 2021 I shall be treating myself to one or two of these...because there'll be even more pricey in a few years time.
And, as long as it's a special treat, I can justify one or two of these...My worry is the knock on effect it has on other courses down the pecking order, as they also have shifted their prices up a lot, but for not nearly a memorable experience

D

Deleted member 3432

The clubs realise that to get into the GM Top 100 they need to up their game so have been investing heavily on flower beds, car parks, monogrammed table ware, course definition, etc.

The worst thing for me is that high prices are filtering down to the second and third tier courses as, even for the Americans, it's now too dear to play half a dozen top courses in one trip so they look at two or three top courses and the rest second/third tier.
And with the likes of NLU and Eric whatsis'name showcasing those courses on YouTube the prices will continue to climb.

We must be doing something wrong, Premier League course charging Third Division prices.

Will tell our Secretary to up his game immediately :D

evemccc

Visit site

Yep, Go Pro cameras, youtube and drones...

If you have ambition to play these at some point, play them now!

Mandofred

Visit site
If somebody is stupid enough to pay ££££ just to hit a golf ball, more power to the golf course.....more money.

There are plenty of golf courses that don't charge ££££......go there.

People can't brag that they have been to the ££££ golf course.....so they don't go. ergo.....other golf courses are better.

D

Deleted member 15344

If somebody is stupid enough to pay ££££ just to hit a golf ball, more power to the golf course.....more money.

There are plenty of golf courses that don't charge ££££......go there.

People can't brag that they have been to the ££££ golf course.....so they don't go. ergo.....other golf courses are better.

? Regardless of the price these courses are up there with the best in the World - there is the rare exception like Silloth for example but you don’t find better courses than the above list for much less than the above fees.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Please see above a list of all the golf courses that charge more than my annual subs for a round of golf.

£200+ for 18 holes of golf to me is ridiculous. Im sure over my years ill play a few of these courses as part of golf days, weekends away etc where the package is a good deal, but anyone calling and booking a tee at that cost has money spending problems :ROFLMAO: