StuC
thecraw
Fairway dodger
Chellie
Chellie+1
Mcbroon
Bernix
Scouser??

That's the list of people I believe who are interested at the moment. Anybody who doesn't see their name and is interested speak up :D

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Re: Inverness (2) Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart ** updated **

i am very interested but i can't commit until 12-04 when the time schedule for delivery of German tax reports will be agreed upon. in the past our saving banks insisted on end-of-may what would make my participation difficult. in past the time schedule was (i'd say) over-ambitious, so maybe i can convince my customers to a more realistic end-date. hope's alive and i promise to keep you up-to-date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

So people, I'm just waiting on Nairn to advise tee time and deposit required, but we have the details for the weekend games.

Saturday - Castle stuart (7th June)

Approx tee off of 4.30 pm

Sunday - Royal Dornoch (8th June)

Tee off time of 10.50/11.00/11.10

Beers in the night

Monday - Nairn (9th June)

Tee off time to be advised, but aiming for late morning, or around 12.00

Tuesday/Wednesday will be sorted in due course amongst the ones who are staying for 3/4 nights. We'll look at opens and other deals in due course, once other courses finalise their diaries etc, If people just want to do 1,2 or 3 courses, that is fine. Hopefully, Nairn will also accept a £20 deposit per person, balance to be paid in February.

So the deals are as follows:-

Royal Dornoch £60 (normally £120 or even twilight is £70, and only after 6.30 in June)

Castle stuart £75 (normally £175)

Nairn £60 (normally £120)

So you can get all 3 on our trip for £195, top price on a weekend would normally be £ 415. This saves £220 - I honestly don't think there will be a big meet up there in the next 5 years, and they won't get these prices.

Birchy has found a decent cottage for 4 nights which works out at £68 per person for the whole trip, and he has also found others which work out at £100. So potentially this trip could be done for £263 or even less, if you only stay in a B&B for 1-2 nights. Anyway, I could try to sell it all night, but at the end of the day, it's up to people to judge for themselves. can you afford it - I keep saying can you afford not to do it. These prices will not be available again, I reckon.

The other thing is the payments can be spread. For CS and RD we only need £40 in the next 2 weeks, if CS, RD and Nairn possibly £60. The balance for the golf can be paid in February. You can pay your accommodation whenever you like. All deposits will be non-refundable with the courses, but we can advertise to sell it on, if you have to drop out, and as long as it does not increase the cost to the group.

Dornoch have so far only given us 3 tee times, so priority will be given to the earliest payees. I hope they will give us more tee times, but I can't guarantee it.

Birchy will collect the money, as most people already have his bank details. I hope this will be a great trip, playing some "mystical" courses, that are well off the beaten track, but I believe are amongst the best courses in the UK.

I hope we can now make this a goer. Ok, it's miserable November now, but this will be in June sunshine, overlooking the Moray Firth, so lets try and do this....

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

i am very interested but i can't commit until 12-04 when the time schedule for delivery of German tax reports will be agreed upon. in the past our saving banks insisted on end-of-may what would make my participation difficult. in past the time schedule was (i'd say) over-ambitious, so maybe i can convince my customers to a more realistic end-date. hope's alive and i promise to keep you up-to-date

Just do what you can fella. If you end up only finding out a bit later theres still a chance you could get on.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

** Bump ** See post #43 regarding deposits required in the next 2 weeks. Payments are to be made to Birchy, please. Birchy
Liverbirdie
Qwerty
Chiefio
Chefio+1
Chefio +2
Lincoln quaker
podgster
Val
Fish
StuC
thecraw
Fairway dodger
Chellie
Chellie+1
Mcbroon
Bernix
Scouser For those that can't commit on hols, please ignore for now.

D

Deleted member 17920

Just getting my leave for next year authorised then deposit will be on its way. Make sure qwerty is off a proper handicap by the time we play!!!

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Sent through the deposits for me and my plus 2 :)

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site

If I can get my leave pass signed of the long haired general then I will be going up on the Saturday morning and coming back on the Monday after golf getting back to Liverpool around midnight.

If you are interested in those dates/journeys, fancy chipping in towards a minibus (currently cheapest is £360) if there are more than a couple of people interested then let me know and I can look at the travel options and pick up points

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site

If I can get my leave pass signed of the long haired general then I will be going up on the Saturday morning and coming back on the Monday after golf getting back to Liverpool around midnight.

If you are interested in those dates/journeys, fancy chipping in towards a minibus (currently cheapest is £360) if there are more than a couple of people interested then let me know and I can look at the travel options and pick up points

Just to add to this for people looking at cost. I reckon hire and fuel will come to a total not exceeding £600 for a large 17/18 seater

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Sent through the deposits for me and my plus 2 :)

Good stuff Josh - are they Moor Allerton members?

BTW a few of us are going up to Moortown's open next May - not sure if it's full, but we have 3 teams in. 2 around 8.30 and one in the afternoon.

See if there is any spaces left.

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

My brother is a member but the other lad isn't a member anywhere. Trying to get him to join our place but he doesn't drive so it's a pretty difficult.

The moortown open looks interesting. I am looking to play in a few opens now I have my handicap. I am now off 18 :D. Does am am mean its a pairs comp and do you enter as a pair? There's a few times left in the afternoon so if I can get a partner I will be looking to play in it.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Yep mate, I'm not sure if it is a pairs or a 4 man team game. If it's the latter, you'll need 4.

You may fill it up with people on here.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

My brother is a member but he the other lad isn't a member anywhere. Trying to get him to join our place but he doesn't drive so it's a pretty big handicap.

The moortown open looks interesting. I am looking to play in a few opens now I have my handicap. I am now off 18 :D. Does am am mean its a pairs comp and do you enter as a pair? There's a few times left in the afternoon so if I can get a partner I will be looking to play in it.

AM-AM is usually a 4 man team comp and thats what this is. 4 players with best 2 scores out of 4 to count on each hole :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Doubt I'll be able to get a 4 day pass but I might be able to get away with a weekend. Need to double check our holidays for next year but, if they're clear, so I'd be very interested.
Any joy McBroon, it's filling up fast.