Inerness (2) Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart ** updated **

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re: Inverness (2) Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart ** updated **

** Mega important **

We all know that what makes a “mega-meet” most important and memorable is a good night on the ale.

The main plans for the people coming up from England who are doing 2 or 4 nights, is as follows:-

Saturday(Castle Stuart)

Travel early morning, arrive at hotel/cottage and have an early afternoon kip.

Tee off times for hopefully between 4.00-5.30. This wont give us time to have a big sesh afterwards, so possibly something to eat at the club (if open that late) or maybe an Indian/Chinese meal in the town and a few scoops. I don’t want to be pissed, playing Royal Dornoch the next day.

Sunday(Royal Dornoch)

approx 11.00 tee off times
4.00 ish - meet back up about 5-6.00 Back to the ranch for shower and shaves, night out in Inverness till late

Monday(Nairn)

Approx 11.00 tee off times

Travel home for the weekenders only and it’s only 1 day off work, which gets you an optional round at Nairn, but a good night out with the other forummers.

MainCompetition (Optional)

The main comp will be as follows, and to encourage people to stay for at least 2 nights:-

2 best scoresfrom 3 courses (CS,RD and Nairn) stableford

For people playing 2 rounds full handicap

For people playing 3 rounds 7/8 – this is to make it slightly fairer.

Sunday night (ale night) – “Highland” crowning of the “Earl of Dunmore” – Dunmore than the rest of you!

Whoever is clubhouse leader (but not necessarily final winner)will be kitted out in items brought by the other forummers, which reflect theirown idea of what represents Scotland in their mind. This is not optional,but please keep it reasonably clean (it’s not a stag night).

It would be great if some of the Scottish can also join us andstay over for the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] night, and ideally also play Nairn (but alsooptional), in case you have played it before or want to play elsewhere. If youplay elsewhere, it wont count as part of the eclectic, though.

Come on, we are paying epic golf courses, lets round it off with having a cracking night out.

Last edited:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

Whoever is clubhouse leader (but not necessarily final winner)will be kitted out in items brought by the other forummers, which reflect theirown idea of what represents Scotland in their mind. This is not optional,but please keep it reasonably clean (it’s not a stag night)..

... Could a Mankini teamed up with your Flatcap be classed as items representing Scotland ? :whistle: :cheers:

D

Deleted member 1740

... Could a Mankini teamed up with your Flatcap be classed as items representing Scotland ? :whistle: :cheers:

Haha that would be hilarious!

D

Deleted member 1740

I've only just noticed the Castle Stuart tee is 4:30pm, could it not be a bit earlier?

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I'm all in! :whoo:

** Mega important **

We all know that what makes a “mega-meet” most important and memorable is a good night on the ale.

The main plans for the people coming up from England who are doing 2 or 4 nights, is as follows:-

Saturday(Castle Stuart)

Travel early morning, arrive at hotel/cottage and have an early afternoon kip.

Tee off times for hopefully between 4.00-5.30. This wont give us time to have a big sesh afterwards, so possibly something to eat at the club (if open that late) or maybe an Indian/Chinese meal in the town and a few scoops. I don’t want to be pissed, playing Royal Dornoch the next day.

Sunday(Royal Dornoch)

approx 11.00 tee off times
4.00 ish - meet back up about 5-6.00 Back to the ranch for shower and shaves, night out in Inverness till late

Monday(Nairn)

Approx 11.00 tee off times

Travel home for the weekenders only and it’s only 1 day off work, which gets you an optional round at Nairn, but a good night out with the other forummers.

MainCompetition (Optional)

The main comp will be as follows, and to encourage people to stay for at least 2 nights:-

2 best scoresfrom 3 courses (CS,RD and Nairn) stableford

For people playing 2 rounds full handicap

For people playing 3 rounds 7/8 – this is to make it slightly fairer.

Sunday night (ale night) – “Highland” crowning of the “Earl of Dunmore” – Dunmore than the rest of you!

Whoever is clubhouse leader (but not necessarily final winner)will be kitted out in items brought by the other forummers, which reflect theirown idea of what represents Scotland in their mind. This is not optional,but please keep it reasonably clean (it’s not a stag night).

It would be great if some of the Scottish can also join us andstay over for the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] night, and ideally also play Nairn (but alsooptional), in case you have played it before or want to play elsewhere. If youplay elsewhere, it wont count as part of the eclectic, though.

Come on, we are paying epic golf courses, lets round it off with having a cracking night out.

Errr..... I'm only here for the golf. Squeak, squeak! (That's a mouse btw not a man! )
I'm a non ......scooper so happy to be designated driver. And I don't like curry! ( that's hillarious btw)

And what could be MORE scottish that a bottle of whishky.......empty, of course - I'm not that drunk, hic! Now where should it be WORN? Hmmmm?? :whistle:

I'm also a conservative dresser, ....... but if you must get me something.... it's sizes short, fat an' hairy! :eek:

I've only just noticed the Castle Stuart tee is 4:30pm, could it not be a bit earlier?

Is there really a danger of not getting round for the last groups? I thought sunset was quite late up there in June - 10pm seems to ring a bell. Not sure though?:mmm:

D

Deleted member 17920

Twilight rate and darkness in Inverness in June is around midnight lol

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Its that late to allow travelling time and for everybody to get themselves in the zone when they get there :eek:ne:

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site

Guys and Gals,

I have my leave pass signed but only for a few days and not the whole hit because I'm weak, don't wear the trousers and can't put my foot down in my house!

I will be driving up from Liverpool on the Saturday morning and then driving back on the Monday evening, looking at getting back to Liverpool around 2359/0100.

If you are interested in car sharing throughout these days then give me a shout

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Guys and Gals,

I have my leave pass signed but only for a few days and not the whole hit because I'm weak, don't wear the trousers and can't put my foot down in my house!

I will be driving up from Liverpool on the Saturday morning and then driving back on the Monday evening, looking at getting back to Liverpool around 2359/0100.

If you are interested in car sharing throughout these days then give me a shout

Would have been interested but I'm in til Wednesday.

Am I the only Southy going ?

Tentative plan:
Friday - Lon to Liverpool/Blackpool. Game somewhere around thereabouts. Night in hotel (tbc).
Saturday - meet up for travel to Inverness.
Then some :swing:
and some more :swing:
and some more...etc. etc. :whoo:
Wednesday some :swing: on the way back to Liverpool/Blackpool.
Thursday - hopefully some :swing: followed by travel back to London.

Good grief, that's seven consecutive days' golf! I hope I can last the week! :D

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site

Am I the only Southy going ?

Tentative plan:
Friday - Lon to Liverpool/Blackpool. Game somewhere around thereabouts. Night in hotel (tbc).
Saturday - meet up for travel to Inverness.

Potentially: Arrive in Liverpool on Friday and I will take you round Lee Park GC along with a few other guys who are going up to Inverness (Scouser and LB). Try and find you some cheap digs for Friday night (no room at my stable i'm afraid) then car share up to Inverness on the Saturday.

Can't help you out on the return though :-(

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Podgster - Thanks for the invite. Will firm up details for the Friday round nearer the time if ok with you. I was planning on driving up to liverpool and then hoping for a lift/share - will see what happens as more guys and gals get sorted with their passes but...

Looks like we got ourselves a.....

CONVOY!

"Breaker, breaker one nine!"
:whistle:
(Am I showing my age with that one?)

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

Where are we thinking for the extra games fellas? Tain looks ok, as does Blairgowrie on the way home, although it looks like a bit of a detour.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Where are we thinking for the extra games fellas? Tain looks ok, as does Blairgowrie on the way home, although it looks like a bit of a detour.

Ive been waiting until accom was picked before i looked too far into it.

Tain
Fortrose & rosemarkie

look great for us on the other days imo. Will explore plenty options though :thup:

Pitlochry, blairgowrie, gleneagles all possible options on way home. Will look into it more next week though, sure theres a few more to pick from.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

Can we do Skibo castle? It's only £300 each for a round :eek:

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Bit slow on clearing this with Mission Control but she finally saw sense. So, if there's still space, then i'm in for Castle Stuart and Royal Dornoch. Can't commit to the Monday this far in advance - I might not get the day off.

Who needs what information?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Bit slow on clearing this with Mission Control but she finally saw sense. So, if there's still space, then i'm in for Castle Stuart and Royal Dornoch. Can't commit to the Monday this far in advance - I might not get the day off.

Who needs what information?

Hello McB,

You can play 2 or 3, whatever suits. The only thing now may be transport.

We have 2 cars going from the north west, but both have 3 in each, which with the clubs and luggage will probably be full. We are also going for the 4 nights.

One possible option is Podgster and Lig are going together with Podgster driving up Saturday and returning on Monday (after playing Nairn). Lig is staying for the extra nights with us,though. Podgster's van only seats two though which is the down side. Unless you have a big enough car for you 3 to go together, and you pick them up on the way through, or stay in Liverpool on the Saturday.

Maybe PM him and see if you can sort something out. I'm sure they are happy to share any driving.

Overall, more than welcome to join us.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...............

http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/ ... 29269.html

Seen it, liked it, booked it.

8 of us in it, double bed room for £160 on my own, happy as a sand boy. Tennis court, swimming pool, pool table and jacuzzi and only 12 miles away from Inverness centre.

We had to pay for the week, even though only there for 4 nights.

We nearly had this for about 15 of us, but they would only start a booking on a Sunday night, it would have only been about £150 a double room each, about £120 for a twin bed, but sadly didn't come to fruition:-

http://www.scottscastles.com/scotland/h ... e-194.html