Inerness (2) Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart ** updated **

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: Inverness (2) Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart ** updated **

Sorry for the delay Chaps, Ive had a chat with the gaffer and all is good !! :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Sorry for the delay Chaps, Ive had a chat with the gaffer and all is good !! :thup:

Good lad.

Chellie and HID? With you two in, we will go with it (or with any two others), and start collecting deposits and making firm bookings.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Good lad.

Chellie and HID? With you two in, we will go with it (or with any two others), and start collecting deposits and making firm bookings.

Not seen Scouser post about this, is he not up for it too?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Not seen Scouser post about this, is he not up for it too?

Yep, he's just double-checking the dates.

He's been a bit quiet recently, (thank god), maybe the works promotion has gone to his head....;)

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Good lad.

We are still interested but HID can't book any holidays down at work until the 1st April. Wouldn't like to say yes to then find out he can't have the time off. Sorry, can't give a definate yes or no now.

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site

Yep, He's been a bit quiet recently, (thank god), maybe the works promotion has gone to his head....;)

REALLY????? Has he told you abotu his 4th place in a comp yet, YAWN..................

Now you have gone firm I shall make a phone call with an accommodation place that is £15 per person per night however is self catering.

Distances are:
1Hr 20Mins south of Nairn
1Hr 45Mins south of Royal Dornoch
1Hr 6Mins south of Castle Stuart

I know thats a bit of travelling but accom price helps keep it cheaper

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

REALLY????? Has he told you abotu his 4th place in a comp yet, YAWN..................

Now you have gone firm I shall make a phone call with an accommodation place that is £15 per person per night however is self catering.

Distances are:

Those distances are just too far. I would much rather pay a little bit more and then not have to do almost a 4 hour round trip. Surely with petrol added you can't be saving that much.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Those distances are just too far. I would much rather pay a little bit more and then not have to do almost a 4 hour round trip. Surely with petrol added you can't be saving that much.

That's what I was thinking. Ive been looking into some other options to compare with.

We can just weigh up all the options and see what suits. Everyone might not want to stay in same place but it would be nice if we can get as many as close together as possible that would be good.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Distances are:

Yep, well done Steve. I'm sure we will check out Inverness guest house prices as well. The extortionate cost of petrol can mean that 1 hour plus journeys each day can mean that staying in Inverness can be cheaper/better. The option Steve is looking at is nearer Aviemore, so less of journey up and back. We'll get the golf sorted first, then look at transport/hotel/guest house options after that. Podgster has a cheap option near Aviemore, as advised, but as said originally, we can each sort our own accommodation options as to what suits. If we are all together, it's a bonus. Josh - is your 2nd mate in, making 3 of you?

Last edited:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yep, well done Steve. I'm sure we will check out Inverness guest house prices as well. The extortionate cost of petrol can mean that 1 hour plus journeys each day can mean that staying in Inverness can be cheaper/better. The option Steve is looking at is nearer Aviemore, so less of journey up and back.

Ive seen a few places that look decent. Good location is key I reckon!

Will email you it a bit later to see what you think.

D

Deleted member 17920

Birchy clear your messages.

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Yep, well done Steve. I'm sure we will check out Inverness guest house prices as well. The extortionate cost of petrol can mean that 1 hour plus journeys each day can mean that staying in Inverness can be cheaper/better. The option Steve is looking at is nearer Aviemore, so less of journey up and back. We'll get the golf sorted first, then look at transport/hotel/guest house options after that. Podgster has a cheap option near Aviemore, as advised, but as said originally, we can each sort our own accommodation options as to what suits. If we are all together, it's a bonus. Josh - is your 2nd mate in, making 3 of you?

Yep he is a definite, so 3 total. It would be a lot better if we all stayed in the same location, I am leaning more to staying in Inverness.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Yep he is a definite, so 3 total. It would be a lot better if we all stayed in the same location, I am leaning more to staying in Inverness.
Good stuff, Birchy, have you got that list again. Maybe we can start moving to deposits soon. Watch them drop like flies, now....

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site

More than happy with the comebacks on location etc and throwing it out there as a possible as it could get booked between now and then anyway.

Don't think the cost would be that bad as 4 people in a set of wheels on each day would prove nothing and personally it is an hour less on the drive up and back.

More than happy with consensus and I think it's important that we are all together in the evenings as that is what would make it the weekend that it "potentially" could turn out to be (just my view).

Unless you are gay and weak and decide to take the other half because if that's the case then grow a set, put your foot down and man up................................................................. yep, i have yet to get permission to be allowed to go!!!!!!