• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Speaking of facts the Maley Dale is a hoot.
They are now reduced to desperately bad photoshop images of the Scottish first minister and wailing that 81% of Scots do not think that she is doing an excellent job.:lol:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The simple point I made about the RBS was that it wasn't a Made-in-Scotland economic issue out of Made-in-Scotland economic failings or Holyrood government policy. It was a UK economic issue coming out of a global issue - made by a global bank whose registered address is in Edinburgh. Did the profits of RBS (when they made them) go direct into the vaults of Holyrood? I don't think so.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The simple point I made about the RBS was that it wasn't a Made-in-Scotland economic issue out of Made-in-Scotland economic failings or Holyrood government policy. It was a UK economic issue coming out of a global issue - made by a global bank whose registered address is in Edinburgh. Did the profits of RBS (when they made them) go direct into the vaults of Holyrood? I don't think so.

I think you miss the point made altogether quite frankly. The RBS scenario was raised to counter the fact that it was implied Scotland was being crippled by Westminsters created debt, I merely pointed out some of this debt was created by a Scottish company being bailed out to the tune of hundreds of millions.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think you miss the point made altogether quite frankly. The RBS scenario was raised to counter the fact that it was implied Scotland was being crippled by Westminsters created debt, I merely pointed out some of this debt was created by a Scottish company being bailed out to the tune of hundreds of millions.

OK - RBS is a Scottish company but their debt was hardly debt created in Scotland...

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But the RBS example was used to counter the Westminster-created debt point - when they are, as you say, not equivalent.

RBS was raised to explain that a Scottish company helped add to the Westminster debt when the original inference was the Westminster debt was a noose around Scotlands neck. Scotland (the government) and Scottish businesses helped create the debt, they weren't and aren't angels.

What is hard to understand?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
OK - RBS is a Scottish company but their debt was hardly debt created in Scotland...

Whether it was created in Scotland or not it is part of the UK's debt. Equally, if it hadn't been bailed out, the potential meltdown could have been far worse.

You, like Doon, seem to often imply nothing is Scotland's fault. Using your logic, nothing is York's or Preston's fault either. But as you know that isn't the case.

it is a UK, including Scotland, responsibility.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whether it was created in Scotland or not it is part of the UK's debt. Equally, if it hadn't been bailed out, the potential meltdown could have been far worse.

You, like Doon, seem to often imply nothing is Scotland's fault. Using your logic, nothing is York's or Preston's fault either. But as you know that isn't the case.

it is a UK, including Scotland, responsibility.

Naw....... draw the line at York.........they are Southern softies.
The 'good guys' line is from Preston to just north of Hartlepool. [something seriously wrong about folk who hang monkeys as French spies]

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Their tax did but they did say that in the last Scottish Indy Referendum if there were a YES vote they would move their HQ to London so Holyrood would lose their tax.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In the real world.......I just got my Tory manifesto for the council elections and there was not ONE Tory political proposal/idea listed.
The whole leaflet was about saying no to independence, even May said to use the local elections to say no to Independence.
Totally negative, absolutely no fresh ideas, embarrassed by Westminster's bedroom tax and rape clause, and flip flopping aboot like a very flip floppity dolphin, that's the Scottish Tories

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In the real world.......I just got my Tory manifesto for the council elections and there was not ONE Tory political proposal/idea listed.
The whole leaflet was about saying no to independence, even May said to use the local elections to say no to Independence.
Totally negative, absolutely no fresh ideas, embarrassed by Westminster's bedroom tax and rape clause, and flip flopping aboot like a very flip floppity dolphin, that's the Scottish Tories
Gone fishing :rolleyes:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

And....

Next time a political commentator asks Sturgeon a question ask yourself did her answer, answer the question. I watch quite a bit of the debates from Holyrood, and I must say Sturgeon is getting hammered by Ruth Davidson and Keiza Dugdale too easily on unfulfilled promises and lies about who is to blame for what. Sturgeon blaming the Tories for the Scottish NHS and Education when Holyrood controls the purse strings.

And then there's the (hilarious) 17th & 18th April. Sturgeon; "May doesn't have a mandate to be PM. She should call a General Election." The following day after an election is called, "what a ridiculous time to call an election."

I get you don't the Tories but if your alternative is to flag was for the SNP with their leadership and spending policies your doing Scotland a grave disservice.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
You have really lost it now:rofl:........Sturgeon getting 'hammered' by Dugdale, the soon to be leader of Scotland's fourth most popular party.

That is seriously funny.

If you're that blind you can't see the evidence from the Holyrood broadcasts I pity you. After all, it is actually highlighting Sturgeon's and the SNP's performance.