• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Genuine question, are you sure this is correct? Every report ive seen on this recently suggests otherwise.

Happy to be shown differently if you could oblige.

Sorry you are right, my mistake......the bit I was referring to was taking SE England and London out of the script and comparing Scotland with like for like regions of the UK.........surprisingly NW England was ahead with Scotland about third/fourth.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry you are right, my mistake......the bit I was referring to was taking SE England and London out of the script and comparing Scotland with like for like regions of the UK.........surprisingly NW England was ahead with Scotland about third/fourth.

Cheers, most reports suggested Scotland were on the verge of a recession which in the context of the U.K. as a whole means little but with Scotland as an independent country it's quite worrying. I don't buy this propping up country/region nonsense. We thrive as a union and splitting is a recipe for disaster at this time.

Give us 10 years after Brexit and re-visit it. I've many friends who are independence supporters and all will vote for it but none want it right now, they believe the timing is all wrong.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers, most reports suggested Scotland were on the verge of a recession which in the context of the U.K. as a whole means little but with Scotland as an independent country it's quite worrying. I don't buy this propping up country/region nonsense. We thrive as a union and splitting is a recipe for disaster at this time.

Give us 10 years after Brexit and re-visit it. I've many friends who are independence supporters and all will vote for it but none want it right now, they believe the timing is all wrong.

Don't disagree with timing
May is going to have to come up with an exceptionally good deal for Scotland to make up for the disaster of leaving the single market.
Somehow I don't think that will happen.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
May is going to have to come up with an exceptionally good deal for Scotland to make up for the disaster of leaving the single market.

Curious as to why the PM has to come up with a good 'deal'! If you all believe the SNP are your saviours then go for it. If not then vote against them.

Why is it the UK needs to do more than we do already? There is no more cash, if you have more someone elsewhere has less.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Curious as to why the PM has to come up with a good 'deal'! If you all believe the SNP are your saviours then go for it. If not then vote against them.

Why is it the UK needs to do more than we do already? There is no more cash, if you have more someone elsewhere has less.

Leaving the EU will have a much bigger negative impact on Scotland.

It will be interesting to see if we get our own fisheries back [as promised by Leavers]
I think they will be traded against a Spanish/EU deal on Gibraltar, so Scotland will be stuffed by the Tories yet again.

PS I thought there was 'Loadsamoney' promised by the Del Boys who mis-sold us Brexit, are you saying there is nothing there?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Leaving the EU will have a much bigger negative impact on Scotland.

It will be interesting to see if we get our own fisheries back [as promised by Leavers]
I think they will be traded against a Spanish/EU deal on Gibraltar, so Scotland will be stuffed by the Tories yet again.

PS I thought there was 'Loadsamoney' promised by the Del Boys who mis-sold us Brexit, are you saying there is nothing there?
Your posts are full of twaddle, it's all supposition and made up rubbish.

Please show where Scotland was promised their own fishery borders by leavers. Your suggestion there will be a trade off against Gibraltar has no foundation and is just your silly trolling at work. You don't know what the outcome of Brexit will be so how can you use a term like 'Mis-sold'. Please grow up and stop telling untruths and out and out lies, it makes you look more stupid then you probably are.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your posts are full of twaddle, it's all supposition and made up rubbish.

Please show where Scotland was promised their own fishery borders by leavers. Your suggestion there will be a trade off against Gibraltar has no foundation and is just your silly trolling at work. You don't know what the outcome of Brexit will be so how can you use a term like 'Mis-sold'. Please grow up and stop telling untruths and out and out lies, it makes you look more stupid then you probably are.

One click on google, that is all you need:whistle:

http://www.parliament.scot/visitandlearn/12506.aspx

Last edited:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

If leaving the Eu single market is a disaster why would leaving the (more important) uk single market help things?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you seriously think that the rUK will stop trading with iScotland.:confused:

Tariffs put on Scots exports to the EU such as food & drink will certainly dent our economy. Perhaps May could offer a special Nissan type deal. [BTW Why are the Tories stopping the Scottish government from examining that deal, not better together it seems]

Employment in Tourism/hospitality/agriculture will be hit by the loss of free travel within the EU. Unless we can entice them in via the Irish escape tunnel.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Tariffs put on Scots exports to the EU such as food & drink will certainly dent our economy. Perhaps May could offer a special Nissan type deal. [BTW Why are the Tories stopping the Scottish government from examining that deal, not better together it seems]

Employment in Tourism/hospitality/agriculture will be hit by the loss of free travel within the EU. Unless we can entice them in via the Irish escape tunnel.

Not a chance

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Define free travel. Its not free to travel anywhere, cost of flights etc. So there'll be queuing to get your visa inspected, like getting into the USA.

Its a freedom to work issue, not a freedom to travel. And I'm yet to hear any politician say no to bringing in workers. Even Farage has continually said controlled migration.

rUK might not have any choice in how it trades with Scotland. Once Scotland is ruled by Brussels, Brussels may be saying no trading with rUK.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Why would any country in Europe stop trading with others? The difference after Scotland becoming Independent of the UK would be that they would not have the UK free trade they currently enjoy. A trading arrangement would need to be negotiated and would probably be less beneficial than UK country states receive. If they eventually get membership of the EU which IMO is doubtful due to the poor state their economy would be in then they would trade with the UK under the same rules as other EU states. Scots would also be subject to the same immigration restraints as every other country.