• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Speaking of standards......Marr toeing the BBC/MSM/Westminster line that the majority of Scots do not want Indyref2 whilst the one poll published after Brexit had Scots 51% in favour.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Speaking of standards......Marr toeing the BBC/MSM/Westminster line that the majority of Scots do not want Indyref2 whilst the one poll published after Brexit had Scots 51% in favour.

One poll out of how many indicate this? One thing we can be sure of, from recent political times, there's a poll out there to support any stance...

If Marr didn't ask the question, of the politicians he has on his show, they'd have no platform to put forward their stance...

Was a bit envious of where Alex was enjoying his morning though...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One poll out of how many indicate this? One thing we can be sure of, from recent political times, there's a poll out there to support any stance...

If Marr didn't ask the question, of the politicians he has on his show, they'd have no platform to put forward their stance...

Was a bit envious of where Alex was enjoying his morning though...

err..... One poll out of one since Brexit, there has only been one.;)
Marr asked the question.....Salmond replied.
I take it you were not watching/paying attention.

I think that is Alex's back garden.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
err..... One poll out of one since Brexit, there has only been one.;)
Marr asked the question.....Salmond replied.
I take it you were not watching/paying attention.

I think that is Alex's back garden.

You might be quoting the one immediately after the Brexit vote. Below are the two most recent.

The BMG poll for The Herald indicated 49 percent of Scots support independence with 51 percent opposing it, after "don't know" votes are removed.

A similar survey conducted last month showed roughly the same result as the 2014 Scottish independence referendum, with 45.5 percent in favour of independence and 54.5 percent against, the newspaper said.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
You might be quoting the one immediately after the Brexit vote. Below are the two most recent.

The BMG poll for The Herald indicated 49 percent of Scots support independence with 51 percent opposing it, after "don't know" votes are removed.

A similar survey conducted last month showed roughly the same result as the 2014 Scottish independence referendum, with 45.5 percent in favour of independence and 54.5 percent against, the newspaper said.
i take it the Wings blogger missed those.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Herald poll 49%/51% is dated 8th Feb so probably polled end of January........a lot has happened since then.
Even by that poll nobody should be saying that there is no support for Indyref 2. But they do:blah:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Herald poll 49%/51% is dated 8th Feb so probably polled end of January........a lot has happened since then.
Even by that poll nobody should be saying that there is no support for Indyref 2. But they do:blah:

You started out by saying "the one poll."

I hadn't realised people were saying there's no support. Clearly there is, as evidenced in the polls. And certainly there's been enough polls in recent times that have been off the mark for everyone to realise that the with the indey polls being so close it could go either way.

I'm surprised May hasn't said yes, lets do it, and given a date for it. The uncertainty of when that Sturgeon has can only be in May's favour.

As an aside, if Scotland went their own way now, that's a couple of mill off the Remain vote...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Since triggering of Brexit.

There is no one to lead or put up a reasonable argument for No voters this time.

Look at the 2014 naesayer leaders then look at the Yes leaders
Perhaps you could suggest a few folk who could lead the No voters but I think it will be a case of Yesterdays Men v Tomorrows People.

Even though the timing is wrong due to Brexit, I think that Scotland will be an Independent country by 2020.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't disagree with the outcome being an independent Scotland as I think that it's too close to call either way. I think your timescale could be a bit tight though. If May has said no vote until after the Brexit negotiations then that's likely to be the end of 2019 at the earliest. Then with negotiations on Scotland's departure I would think 2021 or more likely 2022 before it's settled.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Since triggering of Brexit.

There is no one to lead or put up a reasonable argument for No voters this time.

Look at the 2014 naesayer leaders then look at the Yes leaders
Perhaps you could suggest a few folk who could lead the No voters but I think it will be a case of Yesterdays Men v Tomorrows People.

Even though the timing is wrong due to Brexit, I think that Scotland will be an Independent country by 2020.

Maybe they're concentrating on Brexit?

That said, I don't think there's the same appetite amongst the politicians for a campaign at present. Even Sturgeon seems to have cooled it a fair bit.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
That said, I don't think there's the same appetite amongst the politicians for a campaign at present. Even Sturgeon seems to have cooled it a fair bit.

Perhaps to do with the downturn in the Scottish economy Salmond was talking about this morning... 100,000 job losses in the off-shore and related 'industries'...

Sadly, true to form, he was advising of [wishing for] a similar downturn for the rUK... Once the Brexit bubble has burst... Apparently...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Perhaps to do with the downturn in the Scottish economy Salmond was talking about this morning... 100,000 job losses in the off-shore and related 'industries'...

Sadly, true to form, he was advising of [wishing for] a similar downturn for the rUK... Once the Brexit bubble has burst... Apparently...

You forgot to mention that the latest Scottish downturn was less than the RUK.
I suggest you watch it again on catch up with a more enquiring mind, you might just learn something.

Hobbit.......you are right, the timing is all wrong due to Brexit, but if May forces the issue it could change everything.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe they're concentrating on Brexit?

Can you not come up with even one name to lead the No campaign.....it's difficult eh.

No Darling boy this time.;)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
The NO campaign doesn't interest me. I'm all for self determination, just not led by the SNP.

Doon didn't want 'self determination' last time round... He was hankering after option 3 [devomax] which wasn't on the list... I wonder if Juncker could see his way to offering the UK 'devomax' rather than hard Brexit... Probably not...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Doon didn't want 'self determination' last time round... He was hankering after option 3 [devomax] which wasn't on the list... I wonder if Juncker could see his way to offering the UK 'devomax' rather than hard Brexit... Probably not...

Wasn't the panic stricken 'Vow' a Devomax option offered to the voters. [except the postal ones like me]......... that lasted about 7 hours until Cameron broke it by introducing EVEL.
This then prompted a massive surge in SNP membership and the current situation.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I suggest you watch it again on catch up with a more enquiring mind, you might just learn something.

Hobbit.......you are right, the timing is all wrong due to Brexit, but if May forces the issue it could change everything.

Genuine question, are you sure this is correct? Every report ive seen on this recently suggests otherwise.

Happy to be shown differently if you could oblige.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Try reading this with a more 'OPEN' mind and you might learn something:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...onomically-risky-scottish-independence-would/

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

Alex was saying 100,000 job losses in Scotland would be equivalent to 1M in the rUK... And, once the Brexit bubble has burst the rUK will see their economy collapse in a similar way... Has a spiteful way about him...