Incompetence Is This A Disease?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a sneaky feeling you may be just a little bit wrong there Tram. Is the ticket valid? Yes. Is it displayed with the printed date and time showing? Yes.
He is correct. I have had parking tickets for pay and display tickets put on the wrong side (live traffic side) of a car, upside down in the windscreen or slipped ever so slightly down so it's not totally visible.
It has to be in a position to be easily read in no-time. Upside down doesn't make it so:)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We are required to display a valid ticket.
If the ticket was face down so it couldn't be read, she's not displaying a valid ticket so the warden is correct.
Yes she was displaying it to be seen, just upside down ? That aside, it don’t take me a lot to fall out with Mansfield's parking wardens. I once got a ticket dropping off bags of clothes at a British Heart foundation charity shop

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to balance the scales -

internet connection went down the other day. Had a root about and discovered that ADSL cable had got frayed and was badly damaged (a result of her indoors' over-enthusiastic hoovering). Went on Screwfix website, none in stock anywhere near me. Had a look on Amazon, 2-3 days delivery. Am getting grief from the teenage daughter who can't live without wifi, so called up my ISP, said I've got a fault, but I know exactly what the issue is. They say no problem, we'll send a replacement out free of charge. It arrived the following morning, and we were back up and running in no time.

BT get a lot of grief, but I was pleasantly surprised by their customer service here.

On the other hand, Amazon seems to have gone totally downhill. Prime always used to be next day delivery, now it's free delivery, but can take ages.

2 recent examples :

1. I ordered some epsom salts and a drill bit from them as I was planning to kill some tree roots in the garden. Order placed via Prime on 11 Jan, salts turned up on 20 Jan, drill bit turned up on the 25th.

2. Ordered some walking shoes on 16th Jan. Prime delivery was quoted as 23rd (I could see they were coming from Italy, so assumed this was Brexit at work.) They didn't turn up on the promised date, so I had a look at the detailed tracking. They cleared customs at Tilbury on the 20th and arrived at an Amazon facility in Rochester the same evening. They then arrived at another Amazon facility on the 21st, and were dispatched from there the same day. The only subsequent update is "Package delayed in transit" yesterday. Got an email last night saying they should be delivered today or tomorrow.

Pretty poor.

Their stock quality has also gone downhill. The site now seems to be dominated by unheard of Chinese suppliers with lots of ropey reviews.

Will not be renewing Prime when it runs out this summer.

I'm find Prime absolutely essential to life at the mo.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure how this became an Amazon-bashing thread. We were meant to be easing Crazyface's conscience over the theft he's performed, come on guys.

Yeah. come on. Let me chase up the company and track down the department I have to deal with to pay for the item. Or not.....

Tashyboy

Visit site
So because you lost £3 due to one company's mistake you consider it fair to rip off a completely different company.
Okay.
No, I lost £3 coz someone was incompetent with a tape measure. Read my full post where I said “order the part he requires and see what happens”. Bit different to “ ripping off a completely different company”.

Here’s another one for you to assume wrongly. I was ordering a Swann security camera today off there own site. Price £249.99 put one in the basket to but and it comes up at £349.99. Eh, the reason being coz the times differant in Australia. Yup incompetent. But thats ok is it.

GuyInLyon

Visit site
No, I lost £3 coz someone was incompetent with a tape measure. Read my full post where I said “order the part he requires and see what happens”. Bit different to “ ripping off a completely different company”.

One company, one problem. Another company another problem.

I was ordering a Swann security camera today off there own site. Price £249.99 put one in the basket to but and it comes up at £349.99. Eh, the reason being coz the times differant in Australia. Yup incompetent.

No incompetence at all.

The world is a big place and you have to learn to deal with the whole "time zone" thing.

Your problems do seem to be your misunderstanding of things.

Tashyboy

Visit site
One company, one problem. Another company another problem.

No incompetence at all.

The world is a big place and you have to learn to deal with the whole "time zone" thing.

Your problems do seem to be your misunderstanding of things.

So a price of £249.99 is not a price of £249.99 well now I understand. ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
A price right now of £250 is not necessarily a price of £250 in an hour's time.
Understand now?
That i understand, but a price of £250 now is £250 now.
What's to not understand of that.
If that was a golf club and the price had gone up £100 there would be a topic telling the seller to shove it.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If it's face down then the answer to the second question is no. If all the warden can see is a blank piece of paper, he's got to give a ticket.

You'd like to think though, that the driver would be let off just for mistakenly putting the ticket upside down, sometimes it blows as you shut the door.

Everything depends on the type of "offence" whether it's a Council warden or a private parking company. The rules are different and both need fighting but in different ways. Having said that I've fought both types of ticket and (so far) never paid out a penny. Generally, in my experience, Councils will cancel the ticket if there is a reasonable reason, and I figure a ticket blowing the wrong way or upside down or even on the floor would be an easy cancel if you prove that you gave a ticket that hovers the time. Private parking companies try never to give an inch but I've beaten them every time so far.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
In a civilised society I hope that would always happen too.
In the car parks that used to come under my jurisdiction, it depended on circumstances. Technically, the ticket had to be correctly displayed, and in the right place. If it was displayed in wrong place, or so that ir was hard to read, then whether you got a ticket depended on whether warden was in a shitty mood or not. Not displayed or such that it was unreadable, you always got a ticket. I was content with their approach.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
In the car parks that used to come under my jurisdiction, it depended on circumstances. Technically, the ticket had to be correctly displayed, and in the right place. If it was displayed in wrong place, or so that ir was hard to read, then whether you got a ticket depended on whether warden was in a shitty mood or not. Not displayed or such that it was unreadable, you always got a ticket. I was content with their approach.

If I had a ticket and was given a penalty then I'd go to appeal every time and expect to win.

Tashyboy

Visit site
"Price £249.99 put one in the basket to but and it comes up at £349.99."
You must have caught it at just the wrong time.
Did you ask the seller about it?

What happened, I was looking for a CCTV system. I had seen one and asked for folks thoughts on another post on this forum and got some good feedback. Last week it was £229.99 on the Swann site. £249.99 at pc world. When I clicked on the Swann site to buy it yesterday it had gone up to the same price as PC world. But if you registered with Swann for mail you got 10% off your first order. So I registered and got the code. Ordered the Swann CCTV, Or placed it in the basket. And it came up at £100 more. I thought hang on. At that point I had an online conversation with “Michelle”. I sent her the link. That’s when she said the price has altered in Australia, but not yet changed here. I said why would I pay £350 for a system that is the same price as better systems that Swann have online. She could not answer.
However every cloud has a sliver lining. I looked on the PC world site and they have a 4K 8 channel system which I ordered for £309.00. Installing it tomorrow. ?Hopefully.
When Michelle mentioned it’s Aussie time, I thought she was joking. I thought what’s Australia got to do with this. I found out it’s an Aussie company.