Incompetence Is This A Disease?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe the scientists should be working on a vaccine for Incompetence. Good Lord it's EVERYWHERE. It's regularly posted about in this forum.
My latest one? Well, we needed a top for a food processor. So after much searching the only place it seemed I could get it from was the manufacturer. So and e mail was sent. A reply received and after a few more e mails I had to call in to pay (they had raised an invoice!!!). Ok. I called in. But I also needed another bit as well ME:- Could I add it? THEM: Sure, I'll just find the exploded diagram...ok got it I'll just send this to Tech. ME THINKING : What? OK no bother. THEM : You'll get a call tomorrow on this as it's a bit late now. ME: "ok"

Did I get a call.....? No. BUT, just as I remembered the next day to give them a call to shake them up the top arrived. No payment made no nowt. Except.....the other bit was not sent.
What to do? Call in and rocket them but then they MIGHT realise I've not actually paid for the first bit. Orrrrrrrrrrrr, start the process again for the other bit. E mail in, get a different person who knows nothing about the first thing and only end up paying for the first thing. Orrrrr maybe not pay at all, seeing as this appears to be how they do business.

What is a boy to do?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It might be seen as stealing but I ordered a jumper ( and other things) from the ted baker sale. one of the jumpers ordered was classed as 44-46” it’s 54” ? I paid £3 to return it. Someone is incompetent in sizing and Tash is robbed of three quid.

Yup incompetence is everywhere. Re the op if you need the new bit. It’s a case of order and see what happens me finks.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just to balance the scales -

internet connection went down the other day. Had a root about and discovered that ADSL cable had got frayed and was badly damaged (a result of her indoors' over-enthusiastic hoovering). Went on Screwfix website, none in stock anywhere near me. Had a look on Amazon, 2-3 days delivery. Am getting grief from the teenage daughter who can't live without wifi, so called up my ISP, said I've got a fault, but I know exactly what the issue is. They say no problem, we'll send a replacement out free of charge. It arrived the following morning, and we were back up and running in no time.

BT get a lot of grief, but I was pleasantly surprised by their customer service here.

On the other hand, Amazon seems to have gone totally downhill. Prime always used to be next day delivery, now it's free delivery, but can take ages.

2 recent examples :

1. I ordered some epsom salts and a drill bit from them as I was planning to kill some tree roots in the garden. Order placed via Prime on 11 Jan, salts turned up on 20 Jan, drill bit turned up on the 25th.

2. Ordered some walking shoes on 16th Jan. Prime delivery was quoted as 23rd (I could see they were coming from Italy, so assumed this was Brexit at work.) They didn't turn up on the promised date, so I had a look at the detailed tracking. They cleared customs at Tilbury on the 20th and arrived at an Amazon facility in Rochester the same evening. They then arrived at another Amazon facility on the 21st, and were dispatched from there the same day. The only subsequent update is "Package delayed in transit" yesterday. Got an email last night saying they should be delivered today or tomorrow.

Pretty poor.

Their stock quality has also gone downhill. The site now seems to be dominated by unheard of Chinese suppliers with lots of ropey reviews.

Will not be renewing Prime when it runs out this summer.

Tashyboy

Visit site

internet connection went down the other day. Had a root about and discovered that ADSL cable had got frayed and was badly damaged (a result of her indoors' over-enthusiastic hoovering). Went on Screwfix website, none in stock anywhere near me. Had a look on Amazon, 2-3 days delivery. Am getting grief from the teenage daughter who can't live without wifi, so called up my ISP, said I've got a fault, but I know exactly what the issue is. They say no problem, we'll send a replacement out free of charge. It arrived the following morning, and we were back up and running in no time.

BT get a lot of grief, but I was pleasantly surprised by their customer service here.

On the other hand, Amazon seems to have gone totally downhill. Prime always used to be next day delivery, now it's free delivery, but can take ages.

2 recent examples :

1. I ordered some epsom salts and a drill bit from them as I was planning to kill some tree roots in the garden. Order placed via Prime on 11 Jan, salts turned up on 20 Jan, drill bit turned up on the 25th.

2. Ordered some walking shoes on 16th Jan. Prime delivery was quoted as 23rd (I could see they were coming from Italy, so assumed this was Brexit at work.) They didn't turn up on the promised date, so I had a look at the detailed tracking. They cleared customs at Tilbury on the 20th and arrived at an Amazon facility in Rochester the same evening. They then arrived at another Amazon facility on the 21st, and were dispatched from there the same day. The only subsequent update is "Package delayed in transit" yesterday. Got an email last night saying they should be delivered today or tomorrow.

Pretty poor.

Their stock quality has also gone downhill. The site now seems to be dominated by unheard of Chinese suppliers with lots of ropey reviews.

This post is me, as you say when it’s good, say it’s good. When it’s bad, say it’s bad. To many folk are quick to moan and complain and not as quick to give out praise.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It might be seen as stealing but I ordered a jumper ( and other things) from the ted baker sale. one of the jumpers ordered was classed as 44-46” it’s 54” ? I paid £3 to return it. Someone is incompetent in sizing and Tash is robbed of three quid.

Yup incompetence is everywhere. Re the op if you need the new bit. It’s a case of order and see what happens me finks.
You should not be paying for the return cost if the item is not as described should you? I'd have been getting my tape measure out and sending them all kinds of photos. (Hang on that sounds wrong doesn't it..)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

2 recent examples :

Pretty poor.

Amazon used to be amazing, now it's more akin to Ebay without the auctions. Never know what you're going to get. As you say, 50% of it is knock-off copies from China. It's an absolute gamble buying off there these days.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Amazon used to be amazing, now it's more akin to Ebay without the auctions. Never know what you're going to get. As you say, 50% of it is knock-off copies from China. It's an absolute gamble buying off there these days.
Strange re Amazon, the amount of Chinese rammel I have seen on there lately. Do Amazon actually employ folk to review this rubbish. Again when looking for stuff online that comes up with Amazon, why when I click on it, it is something else of a lesser standard. ? and not the product I am after.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The other frustration with Amazon is searching for an item and putting a maximum price in the search options. Then to find most items show a range of prices for the same thing but none acually within the paramaters set in the search. Bit disingenuous if you ask me.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The frustration I have with searching on Amazon is the random stuff it puts in the results. You search for lightbulb and after scrolling through a few different lightbulbs, they start showing pens, exercise equipment and all sorts of random rubbish that is nothing like a lightbulb

Tashyboy

Visit site
Is this incompetence.
Me and Missis T have just got back from town. I parked up and paid me quid For a ticket. Car at the side of me has a parking ticket dine on the window. The parking warden is talking to a woman who is parked behind my car. As me and Missis T are walking off she mentions the discussion between woman and parking warden. PW “ you are lucky you returned to the car as you nearly got a ticket”. Woman “ why, I am back before the ticket has expired”. PW, “ your ticket is upside down”. ?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We are required to display a valid ticket.
If the ticket was face down so it couldn't be read, she's not displaying a valid ticket so the warden is correct.

I have a sneaky feeling you may be just a little bit wrong there Tram. Is the ticket valid? Yes. Is it displayed with the printed date and time showing? Yes.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tash's post said upside down, not back to front :rolleyes: So the ticket was valid. There again, we don't really know it's actual orientation. As it happens, I have on more than one occasion displayed the ticket back to front, contested the penalty notice, provided proof of purchase (i.e. copy of ticket) and had penalty rescinded as the ticket was valid and displayed (albeit not correctly).

Perhaps I live in a different part of the pedantic world to you :sneaky:

GuyInLyon

Visit site
So because you lost £3 due to one company's mistake you consider it fair to rip off a completely different company.
Okay.