I'm delighted

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great news.
My youngest son Ian, 15 yrs old, has won my clubs Golfer of the year 2011.
Presintation night last night and he was called out as the winner. Fantastic.

I won it back in 1986 at 18yr old, but he's beaten me on that count. His handicap is now 7, so we're really pleased for him.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As the title says I'm delighted with that result, I dont want to spoil his stardom but he has to now win it another 2 times to equal me. As for bettering my handicap that wont be long hopefully he will play a bit over the winter to keep his swing going.

I keep a close eye on whats happening with regards to our Juniors and not just because my son is one of them, you all know I look after our junior section.

I have sent MikeH an email with his picture receiving his trophy from our club Captain, so hopefully MikeH can find a corner in the mag.

Thanks for your kind coments

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done Ian, when we played together at galgorm he hit the ball really well, only a matter of time before he is off plus figures! Good luck and well done to him.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds good mate, I will clear with the wife tonight, I am off from weds for the rest of the week but its half term, should be ok though. Let me know if you have the space.
Cheers