IJP Design are closing down

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder if its to do with his on the course performance.. didnt have the best of seasons last year due to injury and poor form.. didnt make the ryder cup in cons.. How many of the sales were down to him promoting his clothes on the course? being seen to play well in them?

personally I blame brexit lol

I always thought they needed more players wearing the clothes. It's the biggest form of advertising in Golf, if he had of got Rory wearing his clothes I bet they wouldn't be shutting down. Not saying Rory would have or they could have afforded him, but the point is they had 1 tour pro wearing their gear, which was Poulter himself. And, with half a season out with injury, no wins or ryder cup appearances etc from him, there was no advertising effectively.

Mike07

Head Pro
Visit site
Its not just him though Mike is it? A bet a few people will end up out of work.

Not good.

Glad to see people out of work and a company go out of business. Nice.

Wow!

So, your perception of someone you've probably never met makes you glad that a business has closed down and people will be out of a job?

Words fail me... :confused:

haha...seriously..!! Thats life.. thats business... those guys working there would have known its been failing for a while. Get another job..! Quit moaning...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At a guess he has very little or no input into that company...

I would guess that in the day to day running but he was the face of the company, the only touring pro wearing the gear at one point

If they could have got someone up and coming to wear the gear maybe wouldnt be going under

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would guess that in the day to day running but he was the face of the company, the only touring pro wearing the gear at one point

If they could have got someone up and coming to wear the gear maybe wouldn't be going under

Have a look through the accounts, the company is a shambles and deep in a hole, looks like for the last 5 years at least its been a dead duck. Ian is a director but there is another director with as many shares as him. I am sure from his side he gets to be a Director shareholder because of his name but would guess he does absolutely nothing apart from that and the odd photo shoot. He is a golfer not a businessman.

Just not enough mass appeal to make any money.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Some good deals there but I'm already fed up with the site; used the shop by size facility but so far every one I've liked hasn't been available in the size chosen :angry:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some good deals there but I'm already fed up with the site; used the shop by size facility but so far every one I've liked hasn't been available in the size chosen :angry:

Always happens in a closing down sale.. you can only get whats left

Shame was a good place to get good fit well made trousers

oh well , managed to get a black pair few weeks ago before they went under so got 5 pairs of trousers they should last me a few years

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Im trying to pick up some bargains here, little help required though as I have no idea on sizing and cant return! Are they true to size? I am an XL in Jack Wills, Ralph Lauren, Lyle and Scott, Footjoy (or could go XXL on some FJ stuff) but don't know if I should go a size up. Anyone know where to go on this?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Im trying to pick up some bargains here, little help required though as I have no idea on sizing and cant return! Are they true to size? I am an XL in Jack Wills, Ralph Lauren, Lyle and Scott, Footjoy (or could go XXL on some FJ stuff) but don't know if I should go a size up. Anyone know where to go on this?

I've always found their sizing to be fairly true so order the size you usually would.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The hate online and on twitter is mad, people are saying that they are glad he's failed... madness. Who knew he would get so much hate.

A highlight is a tweet saying they're sad to see Elton John's clothing line go under...

U

User62651

Glad I got in there a few weeks ago, got some nice stuff at rockbottom prices not garish either. I havent tried on the trousers yet, too late to return now, hope they fit!:eek:

Are these garments now collectables?:p

Shame but not surprised. Retailing is ultra competitive and IJP as a person is a bit marmite.

U

User62651

Not sure if its my computer/broadband but I cant get onto the site, let alone look at and/or order anything. :confused:

Not just you! The vultures must be circling in large numbers or the liquidators have shut the website down.:confused:

Hope IJP doesn't end up wearing Dunlop.:(

D

Deleted member 15344

haha...seriously..!! Thats life.. thats business... those guys working there would have known its been failing for a while. Get another job..! Quit moaning...

The factory and office is round the corner for me and I regualry pop in to see them as I know two of the girls that work in there.

To be glad that people are out of a job because you don't like one person is an appalling attitude and thing to say - one of them is a single mum who will now be without a wage to support her child.

Enjoy your celebrations - wonder how you would feel if people were glad you lost your job.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
All my gear turned up this afternoon.

All tried on and ready to go away. The troos are nice as it's the Black watch and shapeshifter gear.

All excellent quality. What a shame they've decided to pack it up.

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
Not at all. I just don't understand the mindset of hating someone you've never met or don't know that much that you're glad a business vaguely linked to them has failed?

But I suppose haters will hate.

Lets be honest who wants to dress as a choker

Prof is in the pudding clothing line just isn't very good

The lookbook is just jaw droppingly bad

If Alan Partridge played golf