If..........

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If......... you have a hole in one and nobody sees it, is it a hole in one?

Narrowly missed a lovely three wood tee shot at a par 3 yesterday.
Second tee shot of a knock around.
Hardly anyone on the course.
Just wondered who would claim it and who would not.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is this like if a tree falls in the forest but no one hears it!?

Hole in one is a hole in one!! I probably wouldn't rush to the bar after and splash the drinks, I would come here and tell you lot though!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yes it is.
Golf is a game of honesty and integrity.
I had an unofficial Hole in One in '97
It was in the middle of the afternoon and I was, literally, the only person on the course, not even a Greenkeeper in sight.
I know I've done it and that's good enough for me.
If someone disputes it they are disputing honesty and integrity and as a result I would have to kill them or at the very least torture them within an inch of their lives...:rofl:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Why wouldn't it be a hole in one? It might not be a verified hole in one but its still a hole in one... maybe its a 2nd class hole in one.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
It all depends if it was a " HID sanctioned " round
As if I'd nipped off for an unauthorised round this would limit my ability to shout it from the rooftops

If it ever happens you guys will be the first to know :)

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've got two 180`s while playing darts on my own - I took photo's and showed everyone I know (they all thought placed them in the board lol)

But like you, I know I did it......

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
It all depends if it was a " HID sanctioned " round
As if I'd nipped off for an unauthorised round this would limit my ability to shout it from the rooftops

If it ever happens you guys will be the first to know :)

That is so true! Shot the best I have for an age recently and nearly got caught after a non sanctioned round! Mrs thought I had another woman that afternoon as I came home from 'work' in a great mood!!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Id be happy with a near miss these days thatd put smile on my face

It did put a smile on my face, one of those shots that you knew was going to be close as soon as it left the clubface.
I have had 3 hole in ones in the 1970's and one leaning against the wrong side of the pin about 12 years ago
When I think about it a 3 wood and a 2/3 iron are the only clubs that I have not holed out [with full shots of course!]
I think I was a lucky golfer.
So you could say that I am due another.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hole in one is a hole in one, biggest disappointment would be no one there to share the glory with.

When I got my first eagle I was alone on the golf course, feels great but the ones since with other people have been better.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
If......... you have a hole in one and nobody sees it, is it a hole in one?

Narrowly missed a lovely three wood tee shot at a par 3 yesterday.
Second tee shot of a knock around.
Hardly anyone on the course.
Just wondered who would claim it and who would not.

You could certainly claim it but your insurance wouldn't pay out unless it was in an organised competition.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I've had 1 hole in one, it was on a par 3 of 167yds and I hit a soft fade with a 6 iron.

I've also had 2 others on a pitch and putt course where the holes were no more than 70 - 90yds, whilst I can remember having them I never count them, my total is still 1.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've also had 2 others on a pitch and putt course where the holes were no more than 70 - 90yds, whilst I can remember having them I never count them, my total is still 1.

Had HIO on our short course the other day - all of 67 yards.... Pitched with a 52 GW.....no big deal really.:mmm:

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How happy would you be if you hit a terribly thinned slicey iron off the tee....hits a tree then into the hole for an ace?

I'd love it on the scorecard but I'd rather have a story of a pured iron with backspin into the cup :D