If you had to par any hole at Augusta National...

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Tough choice.

Can I play 12 and 13?

No, 12 would be a good shout given it’s a one-shotter, quite short and a flat green. Though the likelihood is you’ll be playing your second out of some foliage beyond the green

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Not sure I would worry about pars, although one at the 13th would be something to behold. I was once told that I wouldn't be able to break 120 round Augusta....off 11/12. The greens are THAT difficult.
But I wouldn't mind trying........

the media who play it the day after tend to go on about all the pars they had - though think their tees are pretty generous. Think I’d have more chance of breaking 90/whatever there than Valderrama

D

Deleted member 21258

Which hole favours a slice, blast that's me done.

Have to pick a par 3, 16th as a lucky shot of the tee, with a couple of putts could see my only par for the round.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mate of mine knocked to two feet on 12 earlier this year and gave me a copy of the picture..... followed by a green polo shirt.
I still stuck the picture in the bin but I know it's coming back as Xmas card.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
These are great, thanks. Will collate them and use for an online piece

If anyone has any opinions on the hole they would least likely par then that would also be good..

I’ll start the bidding with 18 where I can’t picture anything going right. For some ludicrous reason I can picture myself nutting a hybrid on to the 11th green

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

If anyone has any opinions on the hole they would least likely par then that would also be good..

I’ll start the bidding with 18 where I can’t picture anything going right. For some ludicrous reason I can picture myself nutting a hybrid on to the 11th green
Most of us who could make the green in 2 would then putt off it
See above
Most of us would end up in the pond either in 2 or 3
That buried Elephant on the green..nuff said
18 see 10

D

Deleted member 1147

Least likely would probably be either of the par 3’s on the front 9 (4or6), the 5th or the 11th

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site

12th for both categories! The yardage and the look of it suits my eye, 8 iron yardage (150-160 is downhill if I remember rightly?), bit of a back stop over the green to give you the confidence to give it a good smack, and hopefully finish on the green and 2 putt for par. But then I’m just as likely to thin my tee shot into the water, knock my 3rd into the back bunker and write a 6 or 7 on the scorecard! ?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The Par 3 6th. 180 yards downhill, generous enough green, no water and only one bunker. The only concern is topping one and killing one of the patrons sat half way down the hill.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t fancy paring 13th
I don’t draw the ball off the tee so the pine straw beckons.
Second shot ball miles above your feet
Third over water and trying just to stay on the green.
Then trying to two putt.
Would love to try though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

5th, 10th or 11th would be tough since I'd have to get up and down from around 100 yards. :confused:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don’t fancy paring 13th
I don’t draw the ball off the tee so the pine straw beckons.
Second shot ball miles above your feet
Third over water and trying just to stay on the green.
Then trying to two putt.
Would love to try though.

Driver 9i surely? That's how Bubba played it anyway.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would, like others, opt for the second. Not too much trouble to get into and two half decent shots should leave me a third to the green in regulation. Then should get down in 4 putts, or possibly even less.

If they ask this question on GolfWRX, the answer will probably be the 15th, blast a drive 345 down the right, then 6 iron 185 to the green, two putts for a birdie.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
My distances are now not long. Driver 210.
To par a hole you really need to be on in regulation most of the time, so the chances if me hitting 3 best shots one after the other (for a par 5), or two for a par 4 are less than the one ( good) shot I need at the short 12th.
So I think that's my best chance.

sunshine

Visit site
Third hole is by far the shortest par 4 so I'll say that one. It's the only par 4 that I could potentially reach in two. Failing that, the 13th, as a short par 5 again it's one of the few I could reach in regulation.

I was going the suggest the 3rd, but on Sunday the pin is in an impossible position on a little shelf on the left of the green with drop offs on both sides. Easy to hit GiR and then putt off the green :ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
No, 12 would be a good shout given it’s a one-shotter, quite short and a flat green. Though the likelihood is you’ll be playing your second out of some foliage beyond the green

If you want to know what it's like to play the 12th (but you aren't getting an invitation to Augusta this year), you can head over to Northwick Park and play a replica of the 12th and 16th. They used to be very good. But you need to get a move on if you want to beat lockdown2!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Got to be the 12th for me
155 yards
Into the wind, my Ladywood (11 Wood) is perfect.
With the wind, 6 iron,
Knock it close with the second
And a tap in par

Or more likely an outrageous 35 ft putt which drops to cries of “ you can’t do that “ from my anguished PP ?