If you had to par any hole at Augusta National...

FELL75

Visit site
Would go with 16th, fairly large green and the slope helps bring it towards the hole. My fade/slice would take the water on the left out of the equation ?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Should the unlikely opportunity arise what hole do you think would give you your best chance of making a par under
Masters conditions - so back tees, fast greens and Sunday pins?

16 and that big plug hole springs to mind but I'd probably miss the break so would go with 13 as you'd like to think you could leave
yourself a short third in

I think 13 is probably the right answer. Off the members tees it is 455, which is as short a par 5 as I've ever played. Also assuming you get a reasonable tee shot away, there is no chance you could leave your approach blocked out by trees.

So ultimately you can hit a reasonable 3 wood or driver off the tee. A average to ok mid iron. A decent wedge in and 2 putt.

I was trying to think of the shorter par 4s, but ultimately even a slight missed fairway could mean your 2nd shot is blocked out.

Personally think 2 putting any of these greens is the toughest bit about this. I reckon they will be unlike almost anything handicap golfers have ever played on.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dosnt really matter what hole it is .
If your not on the correct part of the green your not paring it.
Unless you can putt of course.:(

A guy I know has played it a couple of times, he shot 86 on his first round with 46 putts, he was 10 shots better the following day all strokes gained on the putting, he was only playing it under 'normal' conditions, he played off +2 at the time.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A guy I know has played it a couple of times, he shot 86 on his first round with 46 putts, he was 10 shots better the following day all strokes gained on the putting, he was only playing it under 'normal' conditions, he played off +2 at the time.
We play a bit in the USA .
When you first get there we struggle with the pace a lot. Most are 11/12 on the stimp.
After a couple of rounds you get used to the speed .
Would love to have a go but might be happy to break 90 off 6 cap.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got to be the 12th for me
155 yards
Into the wind, my Ladywood (11 Wood) is perfect.
With the wind, 6 iron,
Knock it close with the second
And a tap in par

Or more likely an outrageous 35 ft putt which drops to cries of “ you can’t do that “ from my anguished PP ?
Seriously you cant be a moderator while waving *boke* 11 woods about the place. :D You have changed!

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The 11th for me. Over 500 yards par 4 with a huge lake on the LHS of the green.

Think I would have to hole my wedge shot from the bottom of the hill to get a 4.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
See what I have to put up with every time...?
Plus the 27 shots :rolleyes:
He's never had any shame

In my defence, I have just gone up from 22 to 23 , and have just hit a bit of form which , would normally have seen my first cut in 5 years.
Then WHS comes along and puts me up to 27, what is a bloke to do?

At least under WHS my handicap should drop quite quickly, I’ll just have to get used to smashing him for a few weeks ??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In my defence, I have just gone up from 22 to 23 , and have just hit a bit of form which , would normally have seen my first cut in 5 years.
Then WHS comes along and puts me up to 27, what is a bloke to do?

At least under WHS my handicap should drop quite quickly, I’ll just have to get used to smashing him for a few weeks ??

The thing is he has the hex over you and even when you are in front you melt like an ice cream in the summer sun.