If you had to drop your handicap by 5 shots over winter could you

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Possibly. Our winter comps are reduced to 14 holes now, and last week I was only 2 over after 13 holes (I play off 13hc). So the potential is there.
But I'm just as capable of turning up this Saturday and having a mare.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Possibly. Our winter comps are reduced to 14 holes now, and last week I was only 2 over after 13 holes (I play off 13hc). So the potential is there.
But I'm just as capable of turning up this Saturday and having a mare.
You can only get handicap reductions on 9 and 18 hole competitions.

D

Deleted member 15717

No...not a cat in hells chance. I couldn't do it in a year, let alone a few months!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No way would I be able to do it on my home course, but I reckon if I played a course down south i reckon I would have good chance.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Possibly.

Following reasons....

1. I would have to spend the entire winter in the gym, combined with work with physio and Pilates classes.
2. I've played off more than 5 shots less than today's handicap within the last 5 years
3. I've not really lost underlying distance capability.

On the other hand, I have more interesting activities planned....

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Interesting those who say Augusta does nothing for them, I'd personally kill to play there but apparently it's not quite what it seems on tv.

Wolf

Visit site
Interesting those who say Augusta does nothing for them, I'd personally kill to play there but apparently it's not quite what it seems on tv.
It's no different to disliking any course, Augusta does nothing for me at all, I think in most parts it's a bland golf course that's got better looking foliage than it does golf holes.

Far more courses on tour I would rather play ahead of that

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've been yo-yoing between 4 and 7 for the last 30+ years. During that time I've had periods when I've played 5 or 6 times a week. I doubt I could do it without help. Maybe a 3x a week lesson with Leadbetter.

I'd like to think I could but probably not. But if I got half way would they let me just play the back 9?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been desperately trying to shed 5 shots to get to single figures and struggled so I doubt very much whether the carrot of a round at Augusta is going to make a difference and persuade mind and body to co-ordinate in a harmony of golfing perfection