If you could be imitate the ability of one golfer who would you be?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you can pick any time & a place it would be tiger in his prime , the guy was a machien , he outplayed everyone , physicaly , mentaly & ability wise .. in his prime he was the PERFECT golfer IMO..even if you were 2 or 3 shots ahead on final day, you knew the only one that could stop tiger winning was tiger

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So millions in the bank earnt through playing golf with a flaw, or hours spent up the practice ground, skint, to score 38 points in the monthly stableford????
Yes I can see your point Homer.

Inspired :rofl:

I'm never going to get within a million miles of tour even if I had the tee to green of Westwood, the ball strike of McIlroy, the short game of Seve and the clutch putting of Woods in his prime. Consequently I'm more than happy to take the one iota of ability I arguably possess and work hard on my game to eek out the modest success I enjoy every now and then and aim to get as low as I can.

Bizarre as it may seem, I get a lot of satisfaction working on my game and then seeing it work well on the course. Since December my game is really starting to come on and although results don't always show the rewards for the effort I'm enjoying my golf sooooo much more and look forward to getting out there every week now rather than having resigned myself to 25 points in the roll up or 0.1 back in a comp.

Ein minuten bitte...you're serious! I'm flabbergasted. It's a philosophical question that could be simply restated as which part of which golfer's game (past/present) do you admire the most. Surely, you could answer that question!?!?

I've not been watching golf that long but I'd have Seve's amazing powers of recovery. Given where I sometimes find myself on the course it would help...a lot! :)

Not at all. Even if I was on tour I'd rather be my own man. Lots of players I admire on tour from Faldo's sheer bloody mindedness, Seves short game, Westwood's driving, and Donald's tempo but I still wouldn't want to imitate any of them

Not quite sure why you're getting so wound up about this. Thought I was allowed my own views and the right to anser the question posed in any way I saw fit. I wouldn't imitate anyone - does that answer it?

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Not at all. Even if I was on tour I'd rather be my own man. Lots of players I admire on tour from Faldo's sheer bloody mindedness, Seves short game, Westwood's driving, and Donald's tempo but I still wouldn't want to imitate any of them

Not quite sure why you're getting so wound up about this. Thought I was allowed my own views and the right to anser the question posed in any way I saw fit. I wouldn't imitate anyone - does that answer it?

Not getting wound up just surprised that you wouldn't like to be / have the specific ability of any other golfer. I saw it as just a fun question and you've responded to it very seriously. Shakespeare once wrote "we are such stuff as dreams are made of and our little lives are rounded with a sleep". There's nowt wrong with a bit of dreaming if you ask me, but each to their own...

;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Assuming they are at their peek:

Westwood's driving and iron play for the 1st 3 rounds
Donald's wedge play (chipping, pitching, bunker shots)
Tiger for the 4th round

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to have the;

long game of Ian Baker Finch (circa 1995 Open)
my own shonky short game
The putting ability of Bernhard Larger, during his yips phase
and the mental strength of a Homer :D

(half full or half empty, who knows)

on top. I would like the dress sense of John Daly & Tigers' ability with the ladies !

this is the definitive answer the question deserves !

3jerk

Visit site
Imitating the ability of just one golfer....hmmm a no brainer 'SEVE' he was a pure genius, not only a legend on the golf course but grabbeb euro golf by the hand and made it the presence it is today. How many Ryder Cups, thanks to him.

If you want to intigrate swings, mine would be as follows:
Eligence = Adam Scott,
Rythm / tempo = luke Donald,

One for those of you who can remember Frank Nobilo...... ultimate ladies man.
Power / prime = Rory.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd like Jacks mind and Rorys swing in my own body, cos it doesnt matter how fugly I am if I could play like that.