I'd love to be allowed to.....

hopeful

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apart from retaking every duff shot,what would you love to be allowed to do that you definitely aint? I would love to be allowed to put down a marker 18" in front of my ball to make sure I'm set up dead on line. Yes, I do stand behind the ball and pick out a little clump of grass or something as a marker...then b****y well lose sight of it when I go to set up. Or pick out a leaf which blows away at the crucial time. :mad:

D

Deleted member 1147

....take a free drop whenever my ball finishes in a divot after hitting it 250+ in the centre of the fairway.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd love to move the OB's on our 6th hole. Way too close and makes a mockery if you miss the green. I've hit a shot (its a par 3) and it has landed just off the putting surface on one of the humps kicked 45 degrees and gone OB. I was only about 10 feet from the pin on landing!!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im with gil-emot, there is nothing worse when you hit a spanking good drive than finding it sitting in a divot hole, it rarely happens thankfully, but I dont see any golf justification for having to play from it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
have a spotter so I don't lose a ball I know crossed the lake,

and,

put in an OB between the summer and winter 15th fairways - it's just as easy flying the drive over the hedgerow and carrying on round the corner (and I say this as one who's done it)

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Stay on the range as long as I liked. Juniors have to be off by 6, even in the summer when its light untill 10 :eek:.

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Free drop when ball finishes in a divot for me.

You can hit a perfect drive down a perfect fairway, wonder up to the ball only to find the perfect drive has found the only perfect divot on that perfect fairway!!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say remove some internal O.O.B.

We have 2 holes at mine where it's completely unnecessary.

OK, so you can see "why" it's there, but the fact that you don't want people hitting (accidentaly) in these directions doesn't make it less likely to happen.....I reckon the fear of the OOB just makes it even more likely.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd love to move the OB's on our 6th hole. Way too close and makes a mockery if you miss the green. I've hit a shot (its a par 3) and it has landed just off the putting surface on one of the humps kicked 45 degrees and gone OB. I was only about 10 feet from the pin on landing!!

I remember this one! (med par 3 after the par 5).
I think it was knowing it was there that freaked me out and lead to me topping it into the cabbage!!

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
....Play the courses I want as a member at the price I consider reasonable & without silly joining fees. (Unlikly, but hey I can dream).

....The free relief from a divot one is probably a sensible rule change, but If we cant extricate ourselves from a divot no matter how good or bad the prefious shot was, then we need to look at our standard of play.

....Get an Handicap, without the need to have the three cards signed by members & to be able to put in daily play cards, to allow constant adjustment, without the need to play each & every comp through the yeartodo that. This would mean I could enter Amatuer opens& Pro-ams, without needing to have to play midweek medals & Staplefords with people I don't really want to know.

..... OH... & Be able to put cards in at a course without the need to become a member for an updated official handicap.

....To be able toplay solo at my choice of course without having to go be paired up in fourballs every time I go there.

....To carry more than 14 clubs If I want to. Especially with all the differnt styles of hybrids, along with irons, woods, putters, etc. Why souldn't we be able to carry two drivers. Fairway woods & hybrids & long irons. Two or more putters if the whim so takes to more than 14 clubs.

....To be allowed to play from the back tees at the Belfry no matter how high or low the official handicap. Or any other decent course for that matter.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd love to be able to turn off these Tiger adverts on this page.
Even when hes off sick, we still have to endure his images everywhere

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd love to be able to turn off these Tiger adverts on this page.
Even when hes off sick, we still have to endure his images everywhere

On the PGA tour website they have 'Tiger Watch', he's that dominant over golf even when he hasn't played since June. I think its a bit sad really.

wackygolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would love to play off the mens tees for just one day and see what my score would really be. It is frowned upon by some of our ladies!