ICYGOLF Wedges

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Disappointing that someone offers a brilliant one to one service with plenty of time, advice and tips and gives someone something he wants and which he thinks will help his game and people are questioning the financial viability of the guys set up. As long as he delivers the goods as ordered, what business is it of others to worry about where the heads come from and how he runs the set up. Sounds like a great way of spending an afternoon

I think it's more a case of acknowledging the unbelievable value for money. A 3 hour lesson can easily be more than 70 quid alone. I would certainly consider using him when upgrading my wedges.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great write up and plug, kind of makes me wish I needed new wedges.

Tried to get their website up and ended up looking at a penguin app... :swing:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18588

I thought the same, could get them etched for personalisation too....

As you know I struggle to post photos on here and "need_my_wedge" will probably be better atit but yes he does personalise at no extra charge.

Mine have "OL' BOY" proudly emblazoned upon them. Can't understand why!

D

Deleted member 15344

Glad it went well mate :thup:

Could see you were looking forward to it yesterday

Will check them out when I see you next

Iain Clarke

Visit site
I would lie to say a very big thank you to all the posters who have been very complimentary about my wedges and the service given.

I would also like to say if anyone either does not like the shape of any of the wedges I can make any combination of shape , offset , bounce , leading edge grind, toe grind , top edge grind you may want so drop me a line any time.

Price is a very subjective thing , with the economy the way it is all products need to be priced competitively and I believe that is what I have done . Just because someone does not earn big bucks it should not bar them from owning a quality product, like any other sphere of business " if you can buy right , you can sell right".

As I sell to and service the end user , I do not have any middle men to satisfy . Good for the customer and good for myself as I have a much better relationship with the person who uses my product , I worked in the manufacturing sector for 30 + years and we have lost our way when it comes to looking after the interests of the customer and offering value for money . In this country we have a heritage of product excellence and design ingenuity , this is just my way of going back to those values.

I am negotiating with British forging companies to produce my heads , but at the moment if I am not prepared to buy 500,000 units there is very little interest in my custom especially as the material that I specify is unusual and away from the normal formulation.
Hopefully someone will step in and supply me as I firmly believe we have to grow our manufacturing sector if we have any hope of becoming a true force in Europe let alone the world .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I would lie to say a very big thank you to all the posters who have been very complimentary about my wedges and the service given.

I would also like to say if anyone either does not like the shape of any of the wedges I can make any combination of shape , offset , bounce , leading edge grind, toe grind , top edge grind you may want so drop me a line any time.

Price is a very subjective thing , with the economy the way it is all products need to be priced competitively and I believe that is what I have done . Just because someone does not earn big bucks it should not bar them from owning a quality product, like any other sphere of business " if you can buy right , you can sell right".

As I sell to and service the end user , I do not have any middle men to satisfy . Good for the customer and good for myself as I have a much better relationship with the person who uses my product , I worked in the manufacturing sector for 30 + years and we have lost our way when it comes to looking after the interests of the customer and offering value for money . In this country we have a heritage of product excellence and design ingenuity , this is just my way of going back to those values.

I am negotiating with British forging companies to produce my heads , but at the moment if I am not prepared to buy 500,000 units there is very little interest in my custom especially as the material that I specify is unusual and away from the normal formulation.
Hopefully someone will step in and supply me as I firmly believe we have to grow our manufacturing sector if we have any hope of becoming a true force in Europe let alone the world .

Welcome to the forum, great of you to post and love your philosophy. If I hadnt replaced my wedges last year Id definitely be on the way up based on the review, and will keep you in mind for when I do change them further down the road

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Just had a nosey on your site. After seeing them and coined with NMW's write up I have to say, I'm getting an itch...

Iain Clarke

Visit site
Hello Jt77 ,
I have a young guy coming over from N.I. In two weeks time for a fitting and build , he is flying in to East Midlands which is 5 miles from where I live , so if you want to give it a go let me know .

Regards,

Iain.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
great post Iain, I may well book up soon. You have me sold on having G1BB0 stamped on all my wedges :p

much classier than RickG's boring Centurion Orka's ;)

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks iain.
id love too but three kids and work dont really allow it.
is it possible to do some sort of web fit?
(sorry for jumping in on the op post )

Iain Clarke

Visit site
Hello JT,
if I can get enough interest maybe I can come over and do a weekend fitting session, I would say we'll need about 8/10 people . When James has been for his fitting I will see what we can do about getting some thing organised , do you have an idea where we could use ideally it needs to have a range and a grass short game area.
Regards,
Iain.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds good iain.
we have a short game area at Galgorm but they use mats im afraid.
if you were able to agree something with the club they maybe would allow u to use the area without mats. id say that there would be some interest from members also.