I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Springveldt

Visit site
Blowing an absolute hooley today but managed to play all 18. Wind was that strong that it blew over my bag (big Motocaddy bag laden down with all sorts) and my electric trolley. Forecast said wind gusts over 40mph and it felt like it, couldn’t hear each other talking while walking down the fairway next to each other.

No idea what I shot but we played a matchplay game and my mate gave me 5 shots. I holed a 15 footer on the last to half the match. Plenty of missed putts that the wind just blew miles offline.

Was still better than doing DIY that the wife had lined up for me.

PaulMdj

Visit site
4BBB Comp today, absolutely blowing a hoolie, 42pts for me and my partner 17pts going out 25pts coming in, which was good enough to win the Comp.

Captain runs a NTP on a saturday and sunday, £1.00 entry, £50.00 to winner remainder to his chosen charity.

I won that as well, good day all round!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tough conditions today. The course is a bit of a state after being open last Sunday in the rain for the St Patrick's team event. Add to that they have sanded the greens this week so it was bobble city. And the wind was a joke - not the strongest ever, but you'd get a 25mph gust one minute, and then it would completely stop. So I had plenty of shots that just went straight left or miles through the green playing for a wind that just disappeared.

Consequently I shot 95 but I don't think I played as bad as that. Was unlucky on one hole to lose a ball that plugged only a couple of yards from the green - just vanished. Made a couple of excellent pars, and other holes that were just total disasters. Drew the match all square with my 12 handicap mate. It was a great match actually, very few holes halved, each of us was 2 up at different stages but ended up level.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tough conditions today. The course is a bit of a state after being open last Sunday in the rain for the St Patrick's team event. Add to that they have sanded the greens this week so it was bobble city. And the wind was a joke - not the strongest ever, but you'd get a 25mph gust one minute, and then it would completely stop. So I had plenty of shots that just went straight left or miles through the green playing for a wind that just disappeared.

Consequently I shot 95 but I don't think I played as bad as that. Was unlucky on one hole to lose a ball that plugged only a couple of yards from the green - just vanished. Made a couple of excellent pars, and other holes that were just total disasters. Drew the match all square with my 12 handicap mate. It was a great match actually, very few holes halved, each of us was 2 up at different stages but ended up level.

Sounds standard lol

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
First proper round in about a month following baby number 2. Wind a bit all over the place today which made clubbing quite tricky.

Had a decent card going, but somehow managed to 3 putt from 6 feet which cost me a place in the prizes. Round in 77, which I was happy with all things considered.

One of the guys in my group today plays off 2, he eagled one of our par 4’s after hitting a drive 320 to 6 foot and holing the putt. Was good to see.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played in very cold and blustery conditions with some mates from my old club, hacked massively but the match was halved on 18 and the banter level was high so all good,

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First knock since the white tees were open.
OMG bit of a shock!
Where we had been hitting wedges in it was 5/6 iron today.
I played well but the chipping and putting is still a lottery with soft greens.

Weather looks bad for the week coming, just in time for the first major next Saturday.

Visit site
My first time at Ramside (Prince Bishops) this afternoon. It's an impressive set up and a challenging course. The only let down was that the fairways hadn't been cut, seemingly in a long while. So a lot of time was spent looking for plugged balls. Plenty of subtle dog-legs and quirky approach shots. Carded 90, stuffing up most of the last 5 holes, but I'm reasonably happy, all things taken into account.

PaulMdj

Visit site
My first time at Ramside (Prince Bishops) this afternoon. It's an impressive set up and a challenging course. The only let down was that the fairways hadn't been cut, seemingly in a long while. So a lot of time was spent looking for plugged balls. Plenty of subtle dog-legs and quirky approach shots. Carded 90, stuffing up most of the last 5 holes, but I'm reasonably happy, all things taken into account.
How were the greens for pitch marks?

PaulMdj

Visit site
Pretty good, they had been tined I would say about a week ago and were firmer than the courses I have played in the last few weeks. Also quite firm when chipping close to the green. I would have been tempted to cut the fairways yesterday or today.
Played with a couple of members from there last week and they were complaining about the amount of unrepaired pitchmarks on the greens, ssid they’d had a lot more visitors as it had stayed open a bit more thsn other courses in the area.👍🏻

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
11 holes today after a lesson yesterday - which has added some worthwhile distance and confidence to my game - putter feels good given the greens are far from true at the moment - the signs are there that I could squeeze a few more shots of the handicap.

Buggerlugs was playing in the Captains Drive in at Dewsbury - with the outgoing and incoming junior captains and another lad off 3 (who he was paired with) - sounds like they had a blast. He's got a driver fitting on Wednesday which will be interesting - his current Cobra Junior Driver is producing some really erratic spin numbers - and he seems to have maxed it out distance wise. It could be an expensive week...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
we managed to play our opening mixed competition today, the course was very wet in places but playing off mats helped, me and partner had a mixed round, but my back got through it ok, in fact I have more pain just sitting watching tv than I do when playing golf

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great day at Minchinghamoton. 3 4 balls and we may have snuck 4th place, Bot sure how. Team LiverpoolPhil!! Swinger and Laurie bith steady, even with Laurie on his new handicap after recent 50-point episode! 😱. Back in hotel after curry and a few beers, with the hotel attached beefeater bar closing at a shocking 9pm! Cleave Cloud tomorrow and there may be rain 😪

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had 10 holes on my own yesterday afternoon. What a difference a few days with strong winds and no rain have made, course was pretty unrecognisable from the last time I played (Thursday).

Nice sunny afternoon and the wind had finally dropped. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
Played at new club this Saturday in a Swindle - played OK bit chilly and was windy but was sunny for most of our round.

The 18th is downhill and you could see a massive dark cloud getting closer and closer and just as we got in the heavens opened.