I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
14 holes open. Duffed my first 2 drives, but was hitting the hybrids really well. By the end of the round, the driver was going great and the hybrids were terrible - how does that happen?

RichA

Visit site
Just a social 18 holes with friends. Nobody else about so we played as a five ball and still went round in under 4 hours.
First round with the Stealth 2 HD. Interesting driver. The swing that produced a strong fade with my G400 Max has turned into a raking draw. I saw some parts of the course that I didn't know existed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have noticed that lately I keep hitting accidental draws into the trees off the tee with 5 wood (used to hit fades). Took them off draw setting (and also lowered the lofts by 0.5° because you can't have them that low with draw setting on) - went down the driving range at lunch and hit a load of fat slices with them. Normal service resumed; mission failed successfully!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Just played a very quick 9 holes, actually got round in an hour!

Silly bogey on the first, missed an annoying short putt.

Had a good look at birdie on 7 and 9 that just missed, made a really nice one on 8 and consequently shot my lowest ever 9 hole score

Screenshot-20240321-173142-Garmin-Golf.jpg

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Have noticed that lately I keep hitting accidental draws into the trees off the tee with 5 wood (used to hit fades). Took them off draw setting (and also lowered the lofts by 0.5° because you can't have them that low with draw setting on) - went down the driving range at lunch and hit a load of fat slices with them. Normal service resumed; mission failed successfully!

Did you accidentally put it in the fade setting?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think I had a record number of lip outs and anti-gravity balls today...
8 or 9 putts that, even given average luck, 4 ot 5 just defied the laws of physics..
Shot 32 points.....
My playing partners shot 39 and 44 respectively...both getting generous cuts.....
The breeze, mild weather has bought the course back to normal winter condition...just in time for it to rain for the next 10 days.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you accidentally put it in the fade setting?
There isn't one! In all honesty I'm not sure how much effect it has anyway, it's only the hosel connector settings, no movement of weights or anything - I think the draw setting just closes the face slightly which you could negate by slightly opening it yourself. 🤔

Zig

Visit site
A few days late...
18 at Enniscrone on Saturday. Apart from aa quiet strretch mid-front 9, the course is amazing. Fabulous dunes etc, but the green designs and condition for the time of year were top class.

And then we played 18 at Carne on Sunday. Wild Atlantic Dunes layout.
And it's crazy brilliant. My favourite course in the world. Without exaggeration - there is nothing else like it I know of.

Fear golf for the rest of the year might be an anti-climax!

Mandofred

Visit site
I was ready to walk off the course yesterday after 3 holes, just couldn't relax and was trying too hard.....I'm my own worst enemy most of the time. Finally gave up and stopped trying and played a lot better after the front nine.

Springveldt

Visit site
There isn't one! In all honesty I'm not sure how much effect it has anyway, it's only the hosel connector settings, no movement of weights or anything - I think the draw setting just closes the face slightly which you could negate by slightly opening it yourself. 🤔
Probably adjusts the lie angle as well.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had a range session yesterday in the sunshine in prep for a playing lesson this morning, big case of the short power fades (subtle) and I was bricking today. After 20 mins on the range we’re all fixed and then a 4 hole playing lesson and bunker lesson.

If I take nothing from today other than the bunker improvements I’m over the moon.

Last edited:
Visit site
Out in a howling gale this afternoon at Crook. It is exposed at the best of times but my goodness today was something else. A front 9 mostly with the wind of 38 and a back 9 in to it of 48. I possibly played the better golf on the back 9. The course is getting there and with the help of a sunny blow-dry today should be approaching normality. I am now knackered!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played Monifieth Golf Links for the first time today. Brutal conditions, 40 mph gusting wind, so difficult playing into….. cracking track though, some lovely holes, just a shame that there was a couple of really slow groups out there holding everyone up. We had three groups waiting on the tee on more than one occasion, two groups on pretty much every hole. The guys in front of us walked in after 15, and we still had to wait on the guys in front of them with the guys behind joining us.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to the range but was kicked off after 40 mins because the pro shop team were giving a group taster session to a load of youngsters. Not a problem so I went over to the 1st tee to play a few holes. Get to the first green and realise that my putter is at home in the back room. 🙄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to the range but was kicked off after 40 mins because the pro shop team were giving a group taster session to a load of youngsters. Not a problem so I went over to the 1st tee to play a few holes. Get to the first green and realise that my putter is at home in the back room. 🙄

This is the reason I don't like splitting my clubs up lol like a few clubs for the range or a putter for the day

So much so I bought a second hand 56 wedge to use on the short game area if I'm just practicing rather than risk having this 🤣

We all done it tho!

Mandofred

Visit site
A couple of weeks ago I was a 6.1. Over the last couple of weeks, I'm now about a 30.9. I couldn't hit a ball if it was the size of a beach-ball. On the 17th today I hit a 6 iron....just because I wanted to be on the fairway for the first time.