I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early with everyone's favourite Mod and it was blowing a hoolie.
Starting on the back 9 I seemed to be, somewhat, in control,of my ball...went round in 1 over...Nice in that wind.
The chip in birdiemon 13 was a nice extra although Fragger wasnt impressed.
On to the back 9 and, some may remember the 4 balls in the wrong place from last week, then4 ball was there again..
This time we managed to get the Marshall on the case...
To be fair they didn't hold us up
The front 9mis much more open to the wind and it's a cross wind rather than up and down.
6 over on that 9 for a 36 point total and 7 over gross.
More than acceptable in those conditions...
I'll let Fragger fill you in on his round....just to say normality has resumed again....;)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just done 9 holes today.

My god it was windy but I hit the ball ok.

Finished +2 thanks to a double on the 8th - a half swing 8iron to get back in position went like poo off a shovel into the cabbage.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Starting on the back 9 I seemed to be, somewhat, in control,of my ball...went round in 1 over...Nice in that wind.
On to the back 9 and, some may remember the 4 balls in the wrong place from last week, then4 ball was there again..
The front 9mis much more open to the wind and it's a cross wind rather than up and down.
I'll let Fragger fill you in on his round....just to say normality has resumed again....;)

You played with @patricks148 🤣

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Nairn Dunbar this morning, probably be my last game as winter member, runs out end of March. Again good off the tee and not too bad with irons, but putting was a total lottery as the Greens had all been hollow tined and sanded. Reached all the par 5s in two and 3 putted all of them😂

Teebs

Visit site
Quick 9 holes on Friday with a work colleague. Still working on my putting but hit the ball really well overall. Scabby par up the 1st, but a 7 iron to 10ft into a 25mph wind on #2 was a highlight.

Bogied 8 & 9 for 38 blows.

Greens had been cut and ironed on Thursday so still in reasonable shape considering there was a ladies comp & society on Thursday and a schools comp on Friday.

Need to persist with the new putting method bur it's starting to bare fruit and I'm either holing them or scaring the hole. Finished yesterday with a lovely 10ft putt which pleased me no end..

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played in the swindle yesterday with a strong wind blowing. My playing without losing a ball came to a spectacular end on the 6th. Strong left to right wind on a slight dog leg left hole. Tried to draw the ball but blocked it straight right into the 💩. The provisional suffered the same fate 😢 and neither ball was found. Level par for 17 holes and a blob for 37 points. Not sure I will ever manage 11 rounds on the spin without losing a ball ever again.

I lost two balls today ............................... and I was on an indoor simulator! ;)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

I’ll take 32 points on an ultra windy day like today,
Fair play to his chubbyness, he played very solidly today 👍

Albo

Visit site
Just been out for a lovely few holes and the course to myself, tees off at 5, got 13 holes. Something brilliant about having the course to yourself, no rush to stress just a lovely walk hitting a few balls