I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 18 holes around Farrington Park's par 3 course. Tis a decent par 3 layout with proper length holes rather than a glorified pitch and putt as some par 3 courses tend to be.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
First 18 in 3 weeks, after 6 rounds in 5 days in the Algarve followed by a nasty virus that wiped me out!
Played okay, birdied three holes, but still pnly managed 31 points. That's playing off 4 shots less than club handicap though, so wasn't terrible.
I failed to hit greens 5 times from 80 yards, so my statement last month is completely accurate: I'm better from 110 yards than I am 70-80 yards!
At least I know what I need to practice!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4BBB competition today. Forward tees and soft conditions. Me and my winger had 47 points and came third on CB. My usual partner was in the pair that came second.😂 The winners had 51 points. 😱 me and my winger were 5 under gross with no dropped shots on the card. There is no way that we could have eeked out another 5 points in our round to win it.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First 18 in 3 weeks, after 6 rounds in 5 days in the Algarve followed by a nasty virus that wiped me out!
Played okay, birdied three holes, but still pnly managed 31 points. That's playing off 4 shots less than club handicap though, so wasn't terrible.
I failed to hit greens 5 times from 80 yards, so my statement last month is completely accurate: I'm better from 110 yards than I am 70-80 yards!
At least I know what I need to practice!

Welcome back mate ⛳

D

Deleted member 15344

This weekend we won both our county scratch matches and it seems it’s put us top of the table with just one game to go 😳😳😳

We have our last match coming up against a team that have told everyone they will walk the match because they are full of the county players

We have never won any of the scratch leagues - going to be a heck of last match

Well today was the day

They turned up with their top team knowing they had to win both their remaining games

We unfortunately were missing a couple

4 hours later and we smashed them 4 nil 👏👏👏👏👏

County Champs

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife has decided to take up golf so that when we are both retired in a couple of years we can go off and play together. I have no problem with this. Today she went and had her first ever lesson with a local pro. She came home and I had The Players on the TV. She says, I’ll watch this and get some tips. The first shot she saw was some fellah get a hole-in-one on the 17th. One bounce and straight in the hole. 🤣

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Struggled for any consistency today, possibly not helped by the pedestrian pace of play..
Just couldn't string 2 decent shots together.
No trolley ban but we've been asked to carry if we can.
I carried a half set as my dodgy knee has been feeling good....mistake.....OW! Carry-no-more!
Wind started kicking up, greens were slow and bobbly - several hole-bound putts bobbled away with inches to go..
Half decent back 9 with pars from 15 in...which is quite hard work, especially when your drive on the 18th ends up on the far side of the 17th fairway...
Fragger only did a little better..it was just hard work today..

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Struggled for any consistency today, possibly not helped by the pedestrian pace of play..
Just couldn't string 2 decent shots together.
No trolley ban but we've been asked to carry if we can.
I carried a half set as my dodgy knee has been feeling good....mistake.....OW! Carry-no-more!
Wind started kicking up, greens were slow and bobbly - several hole-bound putts bobbled away with inches to go..
Half decent back 9 with pars from 15 in...which is quite hard work, especially when your drive on the 18th ends up on the far side of the 17th fairway...
Fragger only did a little better..it was just hard work today..

2 points better 👍😎😎

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Entered the Stableford today, first comp since October. Made par on the first getting up and down from the bunker, but then blobbed the second after knifing a chip through the green. Made some hard-fought bogeys and a couple of pars to claim 16 points at halfway.

Started the back nine the same as the front - up and down for par on the par 3 10th, then blobbed the 11th after a woeful hooked 5 wood. More hard-fought bogeys followed, but I managed to finish strong with 3 pars in the last 4 holes.

Finished with 33 points (course is still 17 holes), fairly pleased although there were two or three pars that got away and became bogeys. I was happy with how I played though. 👍🏻

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Bogey comp at the club today, lost to the course -1 but was round in 77 strokes.

Some silly shots thrown away, but overall hit the ball well. New hybrid and 7 wood are doing the job they were bought to which is encouraging for the year ahead.

D

Deleted member 25172

Played yesterday and shot about 800 over par, again. Miserable run for a year and no sign of anything changing.
can’t putt, can’t hit wedges, can’t hit irons, and the driver I no longer even have in the bag as it costs me about 3-4 balls per round. Soul destroying.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Entered the Stableford today, first comp since October. Made par on the first getting up and down from the bunker, but then blobbed the second after knifing a chip through the green. Made some hard-fought bogeys and a couple of pars to claim 16 points at halfway.

Started the back nine the same as the front - up and down for par on the par 3 10th, then blobbed the 11th after a woeful hooked 5 wood. More hard-fought bogeys followed, but I managed to finish strong with 3 pars in the last 4 holes.

Finished with 33 points (course is still 17 holes), fairly pleased although there were two or three pars that got away and became bogeys. I was happy with how I played though. 👍🏻
Somehow I got a 0.2 cut for this, so down to a new low of 13.5. Unexpected bonus I guess.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played yesterday and shot about 800 over par, again. Miserable run for a year and no sign of anything changing.
can’t putt, can’t hit wedges, can’t hit irons, and the driver I no longer even have in the bag as it costs me about 3-4 balls per round. Soul destroying.

What’s gone wrong mate?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My PP and I managed to squeeze in a round on Saturday, very much an out the car onto the tee round, hit it well in places but short game wasn't great, I was 2 down most of the round, back to all square on 15, 1up on 16 before making a mess of 17 to take it down the last - he holed a nice 12ft putt to beat me 1up.

Yesterday's was the Winner's Shield, for all of those who have won a medal during the season, I played really well bar two holes! three-putt from 8ft on eight put me +2, chipped in on nine to finish +1 for the front, I then had an eight on the 10th! Mud ball from the rough buried itself in the bunker, could only advance it to the front of the bunker, next shot then stayed in the face of the bunker! Got it out, rubbish chip and two putts later..... I then played really well until the 18th tee, where I hoiked it into the trees, tried to nudge it forward but hit another tree, chipped out and ended up with a triple.

The good news is the eight became a six so the index is down to 6.2, lowest I've been, and if I can eliminate the big scores it can go even lower, seven of my eight counting scores have at least two doubles.