I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Took the youth out on our shorter course with one of his school mates. The lads had a great day, but I'm aware I'm close to losing my little golf buddy who I've shared some great times with over the years - he turns 13 soon, and it's time for him to start enjoying the company of his mates on the golf course, rather than being chaperoned around by his old man.

Hopefully I've got him hooked for the rest of his life on the wonderful game.

Albo

Visit site
Played today, shot 80, 10 over, not too shabby considering wind and rain.
Also made a 9 on the 2nd and a double on the 4th to leave me at +6 after 4.
Out in +8 back in +2 (with 3 off the tee on 10 and a 3 putt on 13)

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We don't currently have a practice green, and I was bemoaning feeling like I was 2 putts worse off after 2, but things improved and the "winter putter" is making a bid for a longer stay in the bag. 2 birds, 10 pars, and some other stuff 🤣
# two par 4s are playing shorter due to works.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Took the youth out on our shorter course with one of his school mates. The lads had a great day, but I'm aware I'm close to losing my little golf buddy who I've shared some great times with over the years - he turns 13 soon, and it's time for him to start enjoying the company of his mates on the golf course, rather than being chaperoned around by his old man.

Hopefully I've got him hooked for the rest of his life on the wonderful game.

His footwork is amazing.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
His footwork is amazing.

His coach actually wants him to stop doing that, it's common with juniors when they are trying to get as much power as they can apparently.
He's only a smidge over 5ft and weighs 40kgs - when he grows a little, and puts on some weight, I suspect he'll become more planted.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Took half set out yesterday…5w, 4h, 6i, 8i, W, 58 and putter. Need to work on strikes across the board and feel fewer clubs helps me focus on strike and not bother whether I have right, or enough, club…and not worry about what I actually score.

Was super careless with my short putts for first four holes and only scored 1 pt. But once I decided to take care with my putting (for me = take the flag out) I holed some putts and ended with 31.

Had an excellent outcome with focus on striking, building up good confidence in committing to a the strike. Haven’t before hit my new 5W off tee quite so often, and not unsurprisingly it got better as the round went on and latterly was mostly absolutely nailing it. And nice to finish with a birdie, holing a putt the length of the green from a yard or so off the front fringe.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st comp of the year and my good form continues. Managed to get round in 1under for 41 points. 3 birdies and 2 bogeys. Two of the birdies were 2s so happy days. Hopefully I haven’t peaked too early before the season gets underway properly.
Results are in from yesterday. I came joint 4th (8th on countback). The 29 handicapper had 47 points which means to win I would have to be -8 gross 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Why does your game never fully click into place at once?

Been driving it well recently but everything else has been less than perfect.

Yesterday everything else seemed to click apart from my driving. Managed 36 points but I reckon it would have been 4 or 5 more if my driver had been behaving.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
39 points this morning and I didn’t think I played that well.

Score has been entered but the course system doesn’t seem to want to work today

Smoj

Visit site
Had a day off on a sunday for the first time in ages, thought i'd hit the course. first time I've played a weekend in forever, as i normally play during the week, and i wish i hadn't bothered, not used to the course being that busy, every time a 4 ball would let me though i'd be stuck behind another one so i went home after 9 holes. :LOL:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First medal of the year and for around 8 months, 8 over gross with a double start and single double finish. Two cuts in two weeks with another comp this week. Pretty chuffed considering it’s only the 4th round with the new irons and only the 2nd round with the new wedges, driver and 7w

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First medal of the year and for around 8 months, 8 over gross with a double start and single double finish. Two cuts in two weeks with another comp this week. Pretty chuffed considering it’s only the 4th round with the new irons and only the 2nd round with the new wedges, driver and 7w

Do you still play off the red tees? 🤣