I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Big85

Visit site
Been out this morning. Lovely morning once the sun came out. Frozen ground so comedy bounces but either way a good knock with 40 points with an eagle in there. Manage your expectations in the conditions and you’ll enjoy it more ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played 9 holes this morning. Was supposed to be 18, but I was playing that bad, I decided the best thing to do was to give up after 9.

Went back to the car, then, on a whim, took the bag of balls out and headed to the practice ground. Hit 50-60 balls, creamed 90% of them, the other 10% were still miles better than anything I hit on the course.

Golf really is the most infuriating game.

Smoj

Visit site
my 4 ball played a round this morning, 16 holes were temp greens, and two holes was closed, I stopped taking it 'seriously' after 2 holes.
also I don't know if im playing ''too much'' golf but my hand and right arm was pretty sore for most of the round too, maybe hitting 100 balls at the range before the round wasn't the best idea either.. live and learn. back on the course on friday so 2 days rest should be enough to go into friday feeling fresh ;)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
as part of our "wellness wednesday" we get 90 mins for lunch so i booked the last tee time at 3.38.

9 holes in 1hr 20 minutes and that included some chipping and putting practice.

left the driver at home as i wanted to use the 3 wood so i had longer shots on our 2nd and 8th

36 shots (+2) for a cheeky 23 points

Rebro

Visit site
Played in somewhat Dickensian conditions (freezing fog and drizzle). Top inch of the course was soft and receptive but, unfortunately, underneath is still like concrete so a bit of a lottery with bounces. Managed par golf until the 8th where I chipped in to start a run of 3 birdies in a row which were then followed by a glorious 30yd duck hook into a bush and a lost ball. Golf eh ?‍♂️

Jason.H

Visit site
18 holes on main greens. 3 under after 9 thanks to an eagle on the 9th. Then had 4 bogies on the back to finnish 1 over par. 1st time I’ve come away feeling disappointed with a 1 over gross. ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Went up to the club for a few holes. We had "extreme weather holes " in force...holes cut on the fringes so not proper golf..
I took up the set of Top Flite Tour irons I bought in the summer for the princely sum of 22 quid..
Back in the day these were used by some big names and were decent clubs.
My first real set of decent irons, they got me to single figures.
Anyway....they are bloody superb irons..too much offset for my eye, too big...but they're as sweet as can be
And long. Struggling to find the specs online but I carried a 9 iron the best part of 150 yards...mental.
I'd be tempted to put them in the bag but my elbows are already singing :LOL:
Might look for a set with graphite shafts ;)

Dingy

Visit site
Had a lesson today and the pro pointed out some of the little things I was doing wrong ( standing too far away and not lining up correctly ) and then out for a round for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks. Once I got the first hole out of the way I started to play really well and was about 10 under for my handicap. Drove where I was aiming and straight and approach play was great, so pretty happy.:)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had a game with the boys this morning, a bit chillier than the last few days but sunny with a stiff breeze.
I've been playing Mizuno RB566 the last couple of winters, but been experimenting with diff balls of late tried a Bridgestone e12 on Wednesday, today I tried a Bridgestone BXS, which I think must me the one for higher swing speeds, as it had Tiger printed on it??
Hit it pretty well tbh 3 under on the front, but one over on the back.
Nairn Dunbar tomorrow for the medal.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a good knock in the swindle today, level par for 40 points. Winner had 43 and second had 41. First time out for about 3 weeks so an enjoyable few hours out on the course.

Smoj

Visit site
had a bit of a rest between last round and this one, and pervious soreness in arms and hand have gone away, so I was back to normal, and it was a pretty great afternoon out on the course, absolutely stunned how well the greenkeepers have got the course playing, considering it was under water & ice the last 3 weeks, sure a bit soggy in places, but greens were very nice, fairways very playable.
4 holes were closed, add net par to closed holes to get a round score, and shot +3 over. starting to use more long irons 4-5-6 rather than hybrids or woods and its working very well. also really enjoying my short game too, even with dropping 2 wedges out of the bag. putting is improving too if i actually take time to asses the green and take my time and allign the ball.

back on the course tuesday and i cant wait :)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out for a quick 9 while the littlun was having her afternoon nap. Was pleasantly surprised to find the greens cut and running pretty well, albeit slow. All the standing water from the last few weeks has finally drained away and the course was in great nick for the time of the year. No wind and bright sunshine. Great way to finish a rubbish week at work.

Considering its only been a week since I swung a club I couldn't believe how rusty I felt, particularly on full swings. Managed to hack it round to handicap but not sure how really.

Jason.H

Visit site
Not playing for 6 weeks and just going to the range has worked wonders. The extra distance I’ve gained speed training is paying off. Eagled our 9th again two rounds running, never managed it once last year. Finnished 3 under gross , 44 points.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
41 points this morning.
left the driver at home and used the 3 wood instead
Found an ADD333 in the bag and think that might be my new ball of choice
due to play again tomorrow and might leave the woods at home an get some use from my driving iron

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
First time out on the course for about 6-7 weeks. Hope's were not high particularly after heavy overnight rain. Anyway, very enjoyable 9 holes, my choice just to play 9. Driving went surprisingly well, as did short irons. Hybrids were disappointingly awful.

I have 3 x 30 minute lessons from Christmas and one of those will definitely go on that particularly club. I need it to work better than I get it to right now.

Played with 3 new faces. Friendly guys, lovely golfers as well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We still have the holes cut in the fringes....Still too hard to cut new holes...
Didn't go up today but may venture up tomorrow to get a feel for the condition.
Its been warm compared to the last 2 weeks - for that read above freezing - so the thaw is well under way.
Not hopeful for trolleys back on tomorrow but hopefully they will be on Monday and we can get back to some semblance of normality.