I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
First time out on the course for about 6-7 weeks. Hope's were not high particularly after heavy overnight rain. Anyway, very enjoyable 9 holes, my choice just to play 9. Driving went surprisingly well, as did short irons. Hybrids were disappointingly awful.

I have 3 x 30 minute lessons from Christmas and one of those will definitely go on that particularly club. I need it to work better than I get it to right now.

Played with 3 new faces. Friendly guys, lovely golfers as well.

A seven wood may be your answer, ever thought about one?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A seven wood may be your answer, ever thought about one?
I had one, sold it last year after 18 months of trying with it ?.

The problem is me, how I swing with these types of clubs. Some days, rare, it is wonderful but too often it is random. I need to pin down a method of playing with them as I need a decent second shot with some distance on it. I swing too slowly for long irons and hybrids, when hit correctly ?, are the answer. I just need a bit of help, okay maybe more than a bit ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Saturday roll-up played on a course which is as muddy as I have ever seen it. Some of the tees were way back to protect the usual daily tees meaning we were playing almost a full length course.

Consequently I was really pleased with 35 points. The new driver is working really well and I putted as well as I have in a long time, missing nothing from within 6 feet.

Always nice to get out this time of year, especially good to do so when playing some decent golf.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First time out since new years eve. 2 range sessions in that time. Hit it poorly on thur night so wasnt expecting much.
Came out of the traps flying. Was 3 under through 6 holes and very much in waters I dont tend to swim in too often.
Chucked two away on the 7th. Back to level after the 9th.
1under again after 14. Dropped 4 in the last 4 to finish 3 over. Double on the last to rub some salt in the wound.
Not one bit bothered. Great to be back playing my home course and exceeded my expectations heading out.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Joined in the swindle, playing off 9, not 11. Par'd 1st, bogey'd 2nd and then it all went to pot, including playing the wrong ball on a hole after hitting an incredible 2nd shot to 3 foot! ??‍♂️, although I did manage a birdie on the 7th, a 20ft putt down a two tier green 12 points at the turn, and 1 down in the match.

Then, I have no idea what happened, but I played the back 9 in level par gross. LEVEL PAR! 22 points, and birdie, par, birdie (!) to finish meant we went from 2 down with three to play and losing dormie 3 overall to winning the back nine and halving the match!

No-one beat 22 on the back nine, so a nice £12 win and a cut to 8 too. Happy days.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
15 hole Pro comp and played with 3 lads I've not played with before and we had a great battle losing out by 2 points. Greens had been ironed and were quite frankly absolutely amazing , more of a speed you'd associate with April.
One year in with the new Course manager and his desire to keep us on main greens all year is a breath of fresh air :):)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Joined in the swindle, playing off 9, not 11. Par'd 1st, bogey'd 2nd and then it all went to pot, including playing the wrong ball on a hole after hitting an incredible 2nd shot to 3 foot! ??‍♂️, although I did manage a birdie on the 7th, a 20ft putt down a two tier green 12 points at the turn, and 1 down in the match.

Then, I have no idea what happened, but I played the back 9 in level par gross. LEVEL PAR! 22 points, and birdie, par, birdie (!) to finish meant we went from 2 down with three to play and losing dormie 3 overall to winning the back nine and halving the match!

No-one beat 22 on the back nine, so a nice £12 win and a cut to 8 too. Happy days.

well played sir

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played himself this afternoon
14 extreme weather holes (temp greens on the edge of the green, front)
Wupped him 34-27 with 3 blobs (so 34 points then) ?

3 pars - 2 on 2 shot holes (yes I know)
Left so many out there it’s not true.

First full 18 since December ??

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played himself this afternoon
14 extreme weather holes (temp greens on the edge of the green, front)
Wupped him 34-27 with 3 blobs (so 34 points then) ?

3 pars - 2 on 2 shot holes (yes I know)
Left so many out there it’s not true.

First full 18 since December ??

Is he booked in for counselling?