I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a Pinehurst Pairs competition today, apart from the fact that I played appallingly, I didn't really enjoy the format and doubt I'll give it another go.
Oh yeah, we came second last too.

The only good thing was that it gave me a good excuse to use my Slazenger Pinehurst putter.
Yesterday I putted well with it but today! I can't remember when I last missed so many short ones. :eek:

1665423859810.png

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Day off to play at Whipsnade Park with my dad and uncle. Had a good front nine of 18 points, despite one blob thanks to a bunker that was like cement (a lot of early morning rain before we arrived I think). Made it to 29 points after 14 holes but sadly a pathetic last four holes when I only managed 1 point on each saw me limp home with 33.

Now I think about it, we couldn't get any food because their kitchen is closed on Mondays so being starving might have had something to do with the poor finish. I did struggle a bit throughout though, most notably with tugging a few drives left, and hit some awful slices with my irons - first proper round with my new irons, but not sure whether to blame that or just the same old idiot using them. Again probably a bit of low energy meant I was cutting across them. Still had a nice day on a nice course though, greens were excellent there. I still hate the 16th however. Stupid hole. ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Day off to play at Whipsnade Park with my dad and uncle. Had a good front nine of 18 points, despite one blob thanks to a bunker that was like cement (a lot of early morning rain before we arrived I think). Made it to 29 points after 14 holes but sadly a pathetic last four holes when I only managed 1 point on each saw me limp home with 33.

Now I think about it, we couldn't get any food because their kitchen is closed on Mondays so being starving might have had something to do with the poor finish. I did struggle a bit throughout though, most notably with tugging a few drives left, and hit some awful slices with my irons - first proper round with my new irons, but not sure whether to blame that or just the same old idiot using them. Again probably a bit of low energy meant I was cutting across them. Still had a nice day on a nice course though, greens were excellent there. I still hate the 16th however. Stupid hole. ?

Which irons did you get?

Smoj

Visit site
Had a poor round today but this nice picture was worth it at the crack of dawn.

Attachments

• 310935039_638146301161674_1275474525852947389_n.jpg
    310935039_638146301161674_1275474525852947389_n.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 18

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Managed to squeeze in 18 (only booked for 9) and finished with a +2 70 and 41 points

Only missed 4 greens in regulation but
Again my putting was ?. the greens are still recovering from their last tining so that’s my excuse.
Had 8 or 9 putts that just finished short or tailed off at the last second or it could’ve been my first sub par
Round since I was 14.

One more game on Sunday before the wheels fall off at Hayling and I sell my clubs

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
... had a lovely round of golf at Cooden Beach, with @Smiffy, @Golfmmad and @Leftie. Weather was kinder than it has been in the past, but the breeze certainly stiffened on the back nine.
38 points and an 82, 1 under handicap saw me rather happy, even with a 7 on the last with 182 yards left for my 2nd shot.
I managed to birdie the 10th, hitting driver, then 6 iron to the green. Heart was in mouth off the tee though, as the ball stopped about 3 yards short of the end of the water on the right!
Thanks to Smiffy for arranging, and to Leftie and Golfmmad for their excellent company as ever.
Special mention to Golfmmad for 22 points on the back nine. Good golf, mate.

Last edited:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
... had a lovely round of golf at Cooden Beach, with @Smiffy, @Golfmmad and @Leftie. Weather was kinder than it has been in the past, but the breeze certainly stiffened on the back nine.
38 points and an 82, 1 under handicap saw my rather happy, even with a 7 on the last with 182 yards left for my 2nd shot.
I managed to birdie the 10th, hitting driver, then 6 iron to the green. Heart was in mouth off the tee though, as the ball stopped about 3 yards short of the end of the water on the right!
Thanks to Smiffy for arranging, and to Leftie and Golfmmad for their excellent company as ever.
Special mention to Golfmmad for 22 points on the back nine. Good golf, mate.
Thanks Simon, really enjoyed the day!
The company, weather and golf was great as always. Just love playing Cooden!
Thanks to Smiffy for organising ? and Leftie for keeping us all in order!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day as always. Thanks guys, really enjoyed it. I don't mind funding your pensions :rolleyes:

Pyecombe hosted by Golfmmad, Cooden hosted by Smiffy, Westerham to be hosted by ?????? (not mentioned), and Sundridge to be hosted by Leftie, but Bratty now wimping out as it could be too difficult for his h/cap - sorry, no holidays left :unsure:

It could be a Wednesday in the next 2/3/4/5 weeks, anyone interested?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Great day as always. Thanks guys, really enjoyed it. I don't mind funding your pensions :rolleyes:

Pyecombe hosted by Golfmmad, Cooden hosted by Smiffy, Westerham to be hosted by ?????? (not mentioned), and Sundridge to be hosted by Leftie, but Bratty now wimping out as it could be too difficult for his h/cap - sorry, no holidays left :unsure:

Westerham to be hosted by me, but next year, as I don't have much leave left, and I want Chris to play it at its best.
Plus, not sure your knees wil cope when it's muddy, old man! ?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Westerham to be hosted by me, but next year, as I don't have much leave left, and I want Chris to play it at its best.
Plus, not sure your knees wil cope when it's muddy, old man! ?

Plus the banger racing season will be finished, so the 18th and 10th fairways will be as good as they're ever going to get...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

If the pouty one cries off, I’d be keen to take his place but I’ll need to get some Botox first

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

Interested? Of course I am, just let us know Roger. ?

Springveldt

Visit site
Was our last qualifier of the year last weekend (course work began on Monday to redesign the 9th) and I finished it off in style with a gross 88. :ROFLMAO: Just one of those days were the swing was slightly off and I kept hitting the big ball before the little ball which you can sometimes get away with in summer but not on soft, wet fairways.

Still, been a brilliant year as I was hoping to get down to 4.4 but have managed to get to 3.7 which is better than I could ever have imagined. The tough part now is all psychological and convincing myself that I can actually play to this handicap. I think the fact I've never shot a level par or better round and I have days like Saturday make me think that I'm playing to a false handicap as in my head guys off of 5 and under just don't have rounds like Saturday and have shot level par at least once in their life.

Might be time to read more Bob Rotella books over the winter.