I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got back from a couple of days at The Vale Resort near Cardiff.
1st day was on the national course.
We played in beautiful sunshine, but it had been raining all morning, which really lengthened the course.
We found it a bit too long for us old timers, lost a billion golf balls and finished with 26pts!
I also struggled on the greens which, although running perfectly true, were much slower than I expected.
This morning we played The Lakes.
A much friendlier course with a few very interesting holes.
Not so much a big hitters course as a plotters course, but still very slow greens.
I managed 38pts, maybe that's why I preferred that one of the two courses.
Both days were October golf in shorts and polo shirts, absolutely bang on!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played senior team open at Ludlow today. All four of us were appalling although it's a course you need to know to score well.

I liked it's quirkiness, but crossing the road was a pain (& dangerous ), a couple of holes needed a long walk back to the tee, and some bits were a bit annoying! Excellent putting surfaces though.

I guess for the money, it was a good day out?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played senior team open at Ludlow today. All four of us were appalling although it's a course you need to know to score well.

I liked it's quirkiness, but crossing the road was a pain (& dangerous ), a couple of holes needed a long walk back to the tee, and some bits were a bit annoying! Excellent putting surfaces though.

I guess for the money, it was a good day out?
Even worse apparently before they changed the layout. Good to hear putted well as had heard they weren't their usual best.
Playing there next week

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Even worse apparently before they changed the layout. Good to hear putted well as had heard they weren't their usual best.
Playing there next week

Hit a nice wedge into the 18th. There's a road just short of the green, my ball bounced on the end of that, shot up in the air and OB at the back of the green. That was after one of the group having to wait for several cars to pass.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot 81 round Furzeley, a course not far from Waterlooville. A short course but there are a number of attractive holes which I really enjoy playing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We've got gusts around 40mph at the moment and even I'm not venturing out.
With the course being on the side of the hill facing the oncoming wind and with nothing to stop it...it'll feel even stronger up there...
Would be a driver on the 140 yard 10th......nah, not my bag..

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I’ll keep an eye out for you flying past mate
Not too bad in the end, no rain and very mild, despite the wind. Par 3's were playing tough, but the course was in absolutely immaculate condition. Greens were superb. 17 point front 9, 16 points on the back. My play on par 5's was woeful. Hit Sunday best drives down two of them, (15th and 18th), and walked off both with 7's courtesy of absolutely gash 2nd shots....????
Just as an aside, I wore my new FJ "Flints" today for the 1st time. Fitted like a glove, superb comfort and no aches and pains at all straight from the box...(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21445

Not today but yesterday I played one of the worlds most exclusive and highly rated golf courses.

Just a bucket list day and without doubt the best golfing experience of my life.

The course, the facilities and the history in the clubhouse makes Merion GC East course really something amazing.

And what made really special was I had my brother (Pro Caddie) on the bag.. PERFECT DAY even if it was a little grey and overcast.

Attachments

• 20221004_160507.jpg
    20221004_160507.jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 36

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not today but yesterday I played one of the worlds most exclusive and highly rated golf courses.

Just a bucket list day and without doubt the best golfing experience of my life.

The course, the facilities and the history in the clubhouse makes Merion GC East course really something amazing.

And what made really special was I had my brother (Pro Caddie) on the bag.. PERFECT DAY even if it was a little grey and overcast.
Was it a bit wet out or was he doing Klinsmann dives across the grass? :LOL:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
37 points in the Senior Sweep, same as last week.

Beaten on count back, same as last week, grrrr.

Played pretty well in difficult conditions, no run on the ball after this week's rain, and very gusty.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just played 9 holes of mediocre golf.

On the 2nd (par 5) I found out that I didn’t have any long wooden tees and after looking around I could only find a pink castle tee.

I thought I won’t be the only one and there’s not really any shame in it so I hit a 3 iron

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Took just a couple of clubs to the course to film some holes for the YouTube channel; the tiniest headed 6 iron I could find and the least forgiving putter I could find.
Windy conditions so I wasn't expecting anything great.
Played a 6 hole bogey match against the course and won 1 up. :eek:
Played 12 holes altogether and scored 23 Stableford points, better than I do with a full set sometimes. o_O

1665085981382.png1665086033109.png

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was at Blackmoor today, first time back since H4H a few years back.
The course, and the weather, was beautiful and we were made very welcome.
The greens were a bit fluffy, but I gather they've only just recovered from being killed a few months back.
There was a lot of heather .......................... and then there was more!
My bro and I beat the opposition 4 and 2, happy with that despite not playing too well.
31 points with four blobs on the card.