I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Represented my away club Bulwell Forest today at Derby GC.

two silly holes on the way out, lost one tied one, then won hole 8=13 to be dormie 5, shook hands on the next conceding a 4ft put to half and win 6&4

Team lost 6 1/2 - 5 1/2

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Monthly stableford yesterday, first round out with my new driver. Absolutely ripped my first drive and then prompty shanked the 2nd and 3rd shots, just about saved a 6.

3 points after 3 holes, my driving was so good but just wasn't following it up. Scrambled my bum to 16 points after 9.

Back 9 was much, much better. Birdie 2 on 11th, blob on 13th but +4 for the back and a very decent 37 points which was good enough for 6th place in Div 1 and a handicap cut too.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Injured my shoulder yesterday. Had an absolute shocker today in tough conditions.

Holed an 8 footer on the last to to break 90.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today in the 'Captain's Drive-in' texas scramble - part of a randomly drawn team of four. A jolly day with me continuing my grand form of yesterday. But the highlight was the older guy of our team who was in his early eighties. He hit the ball beautifully - and hit it miles. I hit some real belters but was never close to his distance or accuracy. We also got in the habit of making him putt last - if we hadnt got it in , after he saw the line of the putt three times, he never missed, even from 20ft or more. Absolute pleasure to watch.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a brilliant day at Oakland Park. My wife played along with my two good mates that I usually play with, it was the first we'd played as a foursome I think. I got a buggy for my wife since she is 20 weeks pregnant now and gets a bit tired with the walking. I don't know if it was the buggy that did it but she played brilliantly! By far the best I've seen from her, as she shot 105 for 42 points! (Receiving 43 shots.) It is 4450 yards from the reds so not quite full length but she just hit the ball so well, especially with woods and hybrid. Her putting let her down as she hit lots of them far too hard, without that it could have been even better.

I played really well too and shot 75 with two birdies. Shorter course as mentioned (4886 yards par 67) so although 75 is my best ever score I can't really count it as such. But only 8 over par is still a lot to be pleased with, particularly with one silly double on a fairly straightforward par 3. To be completely honest I seemed to thin a lot of approaches but they were straight and held the greens so there was no harm done. My wedges seemed a bit short on distance as well at times, but putted well to make up for it.

My mates scored 35 & 33 points so it me and the wife who took the plaudits, although I had to settle for 2nd with 40 points but didn't mind at all! Was so proud of how she played.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Arrived to the course today to find they were scarifying the greens. Sand everywhere and spiked.

Hit the ball really well. Always think September is a good month for scoring as the greens and usually soft and its target golf. Shot a really simple 4 over.

I was also informed I had won the longest drive last Saturday in the charity open. First time that's ever happened. One off the golfing bucket list.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Out for 10 today, last minute decision as my dry cleaning wasn’t ready for collection ??
Wow, ball striking was absolutely superb, was just really concentrating on my set up as per my last lesson and what a difference, driving was good as well, but I do think I can squeeze more out of it.
Medal tomorrow, wasn’t going to enter but will now seen as Im starting to play well.
Definitely feeling a mind set change since playing with a +1 guy last week and the approach he takes to the game.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I played yesterday and today at what I can only describe as the most dramatic, stunning and beautiful golf course I have ever played.

Currently at Lofoten Links in Northern Norway. Two cracking rounds so far, shot 80 yesterday in a howling gale, and 78 today in slightly calmer conditions. One more round to play, supposed to hose it down tomorrow.

I’ll do a write up when I’m back, and will post a lot of pics, this place is just glorious.

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played our final round at Lofoten this morning. Those at Cooden last year will have an indication of the conditions- 34mph gusts with howling rain on a much more exposed course. Beat us up pretty badly, 7 balls in the sea…….but still hugely enjoyable in a perverse way. Very tired now……

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
First time out for 18 holes off the new lowest handicap - and our wondrous game comes to bite one in the backside. On the positive side, if I was playing off the handicap I had at the start of the year, I would have score 36 points. But I wasn't and didn't. Had some good parts though, so not too unhappy

Springveldt

Visit site
Went away for the weekend with our society and played Stonehaven both days. Looked at the card and thought I'd hate it as it's only 5000 yards and a par 66 but it was great fun, the views were stunning and there were some really nice holes as well. Greens were good as well when you could find them.
Shot 70 on the Saturday for a net 66 and was clubhouse leader. Lots of alcohol consumed into the very small hours meant everyone was rough the next day. Guys not able to eat breakfast type rough. Shot 79 which included me finally feeling better after 3 Lucozade's and 4 Peroni's and paring the last 6 holes but thought I had blown it. Everyone was just as bad as me though and I somehow managed to finish 2nd overall.
For the first time in the society's history (been going 18 years now) there was a tie between me and the lad that won for the "club championship" as we just count total shots over the 2 trips. We wanted to just shake hands and split it but got forced to go out and play a playoff hole. The 2nd was chosen, a 200 yard par 3 into the wind over a gully. Other lad won the toss and said I could tee off first which was a bit of a shock. I had hit 3 wood earlier really nice and it just ballooned up so hit a little half swing driver under the wind that found the green. Pressure must have got to him as he topped his tee into the gully, put his 3rd in to the bunker, flubbed the bunker shot then finally got out and was still outside me. I just rolled in a 2 putt for the win.
Brilliant trip but I'm getting too old for that amount of alcohol, takes me days to recover now.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Partnered Leftie today in the Sundridge Park Seniors invitation. 4BB Stableford, 43 points won it, Rog and I came in with 40. Neither of us played terribly, but we've both played better so an opportunity lost I guess. I only hit a couple of drives of note, which is a shame because I've been driving well recently. And my iron play was crap. Luckily my chipping and putting was passable. Enjoyed the day though, great to see Leftie again and we played with two really nice guys.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a seniors open at Walsall GC today, a MacKenzie course but not one of his better ones I'd say, probably down to the land he had to work with which was fairly flat, the greens were good though as you'd expect.

I had a day of the lefts going on and as it's quite a tight tree-lined course I was surprised to come in with 33 points, didn't win the event but I won the sweep among the 14 members of my club who also played.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
First medal today in years, usual for me, started poorly, middle ok and finished well.
Shot 85 with 3 blobs, couldn’t hole a putt and if I didn’t have bad luck I’d of had no luck ??
Onwards and upwards as they say, I’m not far away but need the thing in between my ears to behave.
Was painfully slow which really hurts me as I’m a fast player ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
13 holes with a 23 handicapper who hits the ball like a SF player. He’s pretty new to golf and gets it..just hasn’t been able to play many 18 hole or other qualifiers yet due to family commitments. Do I ask if he wants to pair up for the Winter pairs better ball league…knowing full well that his handicap will raise many eyebrows and elicit some (ahem) tasty comments. Would I feel a bit embarrassed and so not go there, or should I just go for the pair up and if it works and we do well then great.