I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lovely round with a mate at Tyneside GC today. Weather was spot on, no jumpers required. Course was in smashing condition although neither of us got a handle on the slowish greens.

General play was good with the only annoyance being the regularity of my tendency to swing too fast on mid iron shots, leading to a thin each time. Keep the tempo, muppet ?.

If you haven't played there and you are in the area, well worth a visit.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Club charity day yesterday

Nice two under 69 for 41 points

Results announced - 10th place 42 points ??

winners on 47 winning on countback

Both the top two playing off over 28 handicap both with 13/14 before WHS ???

One is going to win every handicap KO this year

Please let me know who they are so I can avoid them like the plague!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Work society today.

I was also doubling it up as a semi final in our matchplay, the guy I was playing is off 32, so I was giving him 18 shots!

Started really well, 3 up in the match after 3 and also had secured the nearest the pin on the 3rd with a cracking shot.

Wrapped up the match on 15th, to win 6&4, was delighted with that.

Played well for 15 holes, 34 points and 8 over par, then went triple, double, triple to shoot 8 over on the last 3 and finish on 35 points, haha!

Winner got 43 points off a 27 handicap....

Jason.H

Visit site
First ever level par round of 70 in one of our major comps. 41 points as I’m playing off 4.7 so unlikely to win. Did get an eagle 2 holing out from 120 yards on one of out tough par 4,s. Weirdly I’ve been putting woefully the last few weeks so to put well today after the greens have been hollow tined midweek was a welcome surprise.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played in a charity day down at the Glamorganshire near Penarth yesterday
A lotmof the players had links to Wales Golf as the organiser was the Championship Manager up until last week ( gone to a similar role at the R&A)
Me, my buddy and his daughter plus a young French pro called Jan ...best 2 scores from 4
Sadly, they'd had to hollow tine the greens so they weren't at their best.
Starting on the 9th I didn't play too badly and after 3 holes I was beating the Pro...
A glorious Eagle for 5 points on the 3rd included a first for me.
I was on the green in 2 and my mate's approach landed on top of mine,,pinged mine 20 yards out of the back of the green and his stopped about a yard away.
Took a bit of time to decide where to replace my ball and eventually found an indentation that we were satisfied was as close as we could estimate..rolled in the 15 footer.
Birdied the next too.
Had a couple of blowouts trying to screw a few more points from the course but, overall, I finished 9 over on my ball (approx) and the team had 82 points.89 was in the prizes so we weren't too far away.
A really good day and evening, stopped over at a Purple Palace and came home this morning.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
... finished all square in a bogey comp against the course. 2 down and 46 at the turn, managed to pull two back quickly and then down 1, all square, down 1 and repeat until a birdie on 18th saw me all square and back in 40. 2 birdies on the back nine, and one was a two, so money back.
Winner was 5 up!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wee away day down at north west golf club. Our closest links. Lost ball off the first tee no more than 5 yards off the fairway. The rough wasnt bad at all. Ball must have dug into the ground as it was nowhere to be seen.
Wind was nearly always either into or down all day. Made clubbing a real challenge. Had a decent run in the middle of the round. Blanked 1 and 18. Poor enough 31 points. Didnt sniff a birdie all day.

First time I've ever been asked did I want to enter the 2s and the 1s. They have a short par 3 there called the fairy and it gets aced quite often.

D

Deleted member 1147

Final club match of the year yesterday.
My partner and I managed a nice 5&4 victory.
For my own part I shot 3 over gross with no birdies. But I did have 13 consecutive pars which I think is a record for me.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Absolute guff today. Bogey competition and I finished 7 down, awful, awful, awful.....

Played off my new lowest ever handicap of 9.9 in the same comp, and pipped you on count back ?.

It’s a tough format, the course never has a bad hole….. I on the other hand lost 6 holes in succession, which saw me 5 down after 9, the back 9 was much better, but the damage was already irreparable ???.