I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I played in a company golf day yesterday. It was billed as a non golfer + golfers Texas scramble. Mainly a fun thing and it sure was, each team of 4 having one fairly regular golfer. My team had me plus 3 players, all around 40 years old who play the occasional round but not anything regular.

The funny thing was that all three players, their sets of clubs made me think I was at the "Antiques Roadshow from Woburn" ! I've never seen so many ancient Dunlop, Slazenger etc etc clubs . Funniest thing was when one of our team tee'd off our first hole and his club head went further than the ball ??

To be able to enjoy the game, but with a lot of laughs It was a refreshing change from all the serious games we normally play at our club, I thoroughly enjoyed the day and will look forward to doing it again next year

Sounds like my kind of day.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After a couple of good rounds last weekend, today’s game was one to forget and remove from the memory bank ASAP. 8 over going out and 5 over coming back. At least I got a bad one out of the way. Next game is in a final on Sunday playing for the clubs scratch team away at Yeovil.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just a quick 9 with the lads from the handicap team this afternoon. Possibly the best I've played tee to green this year. Unfortunately it was maintenance week this week so putting was a lottery but still managed 2 over through 9 (playing off 11).

Jack Senior (tour pro) was playing in the group behind and he put it to about 7 foot on our 320 yard 3rd. Would love to have seen more of his golf up close.

Seemed to have unlocked something with my driving as well, caught a snippet of a Peter finch video where he spoke about body rotation being important with the driver for speed and getting your back to target on the backswing.

I generally play a low fade (probably as a result of coming steep and over the top) but using the advice above it really enabled me to do something I've never done before - hit a big high draw. Reckon I probably added about 20 yards to my normal distances with the driver.

Something to work on over winter.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
4BBB at the club today as the greens recover from some work. The course was in great condition, the work paying dividends. Autumnal morning with sun coming through by 10-10.30.

Iffy start, all a bit stiff. I then loosened my grip on my woods, oh my word, what a difference. Strong and straight tee shots, hybrids no longer coming off the bottom groove. Loft on a 23° hybrid, who'd have thought it? A solid round, sadly let down by an entirely fluffed last hole ?.

A very respectable 41 points, our partners dovetailed beautifully for an excellent 44 points. Lovely company, great morning of golf ?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played a 4 ball better ball Stableford, drove the ball well but never really contributed until 15,16,17 & 18, gutted I started so slowly and mentally never shook it off until the end of the round.
One of our team was playing off +1, absolutely unreal ball striking, he had 5 birdies, 2 off them two’s on par 3’s.
Back out tomorrow morning to right the wrongs off today.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day today - shot my best round ever. I mean ever!

Got a gross 77 - the first time I've ever broken 80. Couple of iffy pitches onto the green, and sank a couple of clutch putts, but generally solid all round. Handicap should be cut by another full shot to a new lowest ever - somewhere about 15.5.

Pleased as punch ...
that's some scoring off 15, well done, just don't expect it every week, as golf has a way of knocking you back a notch or two

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm on a little weekend break with my parents and my wife in Norfolk at the moment. We all visited Mousehold pitch & putt, which is 18 holes and five of them are well over 100 yards to be fair. My mum hasn't really played golf in ten years, so it was nice to see her giving it a go, remembering when I used to play with them in my mid-teens. She hit it remarkably straight for someone who hasn't played that long! I won the day narrowly with 64 over my dad's 67. Wife played quite well to get 76, and my mum's score was 97, mostly as she had no idea how to gauge distance on chipping and putting really. Good fun though!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with Fragger this morning - Christ on a bike it's slow at weekends..? even though the car park was less than half full..
Starting on the 10th he didn't have the best of starts - 2 blobs to begin ain't good..
I had a really solid first 9 of 2 over but it got harder to stay focused the further we got into the round.
In the 2 ball in front, one of them was having a real golfing experience over every shot before lu ping it, carving it or topping it..:rolleyes:
Got to the turn and then2 groups in front of us had finished so we expected a bit of a clear run...yeah right..
A 3 ball on the 1st green as we arrived at the tee, we were waiting for them on our 2nd tee shot..not their fault but the 5 or 6 3 balls in front of them
At one point there would have been 4 groups on the 3rd hole..1 on the green, 1 waiting to approach, 1 on the tee...and us.:sleep:
Thats where my concentration just expired, couldn't focus and the card was gone.
Frustrating...and when I chipped in for a birdie on the last we'd been out there almost 4 hours as a 2 ball....at least 45 minutes too long....
Still beat him though:cool:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
R&A vs The Town today, a fun affair. Lost 2&1 in our match but a great morning for us as it marked the return of our long-standing grouping from the days before Covid. Lovely to be in good company and fine spirits again.

D

Deleted member 23270

Monthly stableford today, open to all so 2 courtesy shots as it's par 70 men and 72 women. Last group out, 3 of us tied on 41pts. I sneaked it best back 9 as I was 1 under, birdie on the last did the biz ?