I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just played this morning. Certainly better than yesterday but nothing special. 83 for 34 points. Now that the ground is wet and soft again though it's really highlighting how poorly I strike the ball. ? 56° is now a waste of time as it just slides straight under the ball every time, so that can stay in the bag until next May.

evemccc

Visit site
Just played this morning. Certainly better than yesterday but nothing special. 83 for 34 points. Now that the ground is wet and soft again though it's really highlighting how poorly I strike the ball. ? 56° is now a waste of time as it just slides straight under the ball every time, so that can stay in the bag until next May.

34 points really isn’t bad at all tho, chin-up ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Board comp today - came nowhere.
Got a 2 - kerching!
Beat my 8th best by one.
That's 5 out of the last 6 scores in my best 8 and 0.8 off the HI a little bit at a time.

Wore a black polo and black golf cap today. Saw a few others doing similar.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Texas Scramble at my course today. No big hitters in the team, or low handicappers, so no chance of being in the running. So it proved ?. Lovely company though, and a really social format that I enjoy.

Driving was very mixed, poor second shots, but short game and putting were decent so I pulled my weight. Despite the early rain a very enjoyable mornings golf.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
... my lady partner and I won the Chevening Cup, the summer mixed pairs greensomes event!
Playing a couple and giving them one shot, we were 2 down at the turn and every time we clawed one back, they pulled it back at the next hole.
We managed to get it back to all square on 18th tee, and I left a 7 foot putt to win the match right in the jaws of the hole!
Halved the 19th in par, and then we were on the front of the 20th in two and they were in the water in two, and still off the green in 5, so told us to pick up and conceded the match.
We have been in three finals together and finally we've won!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
... my lady partner and I won the Chevening Cup, the summer mixed pairs greensomes event!
Playing a couple and giving them one shot, we were 2 down at the turn and every time we clawed one back, they pulled it back at the next hole.
We managed to get it back to all square on 18th tee, and I left a 7 foot putt to win the match right in the jaws of the hole!
Halved the 19th in par, and then we were on the front of the 20th in two and they were in the water in two, and still off the green in 5, so told us to pick up and conceded the match.
We have been in three finals together and finally we've won!

Choking on 18 again

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
+3 gross front 9 was solid, missed a couple of silly 3 footers but the greenkeepers had cut the pins in some very strange positions. I think it had something to do with protecting the greens for the devils punchbowl open comp tomorrow.

A +5 gross back 9 with a double bogey 4 putt on the 17th. Absolutely ridiculous pin position 2 feet from the back edge. 6 inches past and it runs all the way off the green.

Happy to buffer on my new handicap.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Driving was awful.
Approach game was awful.
Short game was awful.
Putting was ok but holed nothing.
Had no end of bad lies even when I did hit the fairway.

One of those days.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Was out on Friday for 9 holes, driving excellent but approach play terrible, duly booked a lesson for Monday to try and sort my irons.
Went out tonight for 9, Driving excellent although not very long and my irons were pretty good as well, almost got a hole in one as well, hit the pin from 177yards and went 6ft to the side, closest I’ve ever been.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played yesterday, was booked to go out with the youth but he bailed on me so the missus had a walk round the course to keep me company.

Highlight of the round was a 7 iron from 168 yards on the par 5 3rd, which missed the hole by fractions to make par, after I'd knocked my 2nd shot OOB. The ball was about 4 inches from the hole when I got to the green - easy tao in for a bogey which I'd never be dissapointed with in a hole which can easily be a nine or worse if you get it wrong.

Course was pretty busy but we got waved through 3 times and completed the wound in 3 hours, which is probably a personal record at Willow Valley.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today after yesterday’s competition was cancelled. 4 over after 5 holes and playing like I’d never played before. Got it back to level after 11 holes. A big wide tee shot on 16 caused a dropped shot so finished at 1 over. Should get me back to 2.9. Golf is bonkers.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
2nd round of the club champs today, after last weeks round I had no chance of winning anything so jus went to enjoy the day.

Played very well for a 76, which included an OOB off the tee on our index 1. Glad to be hitting it well again after the last two rounds which were awful.

Will be a cut coming which should see me below 12.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
+3 gross front 9 was solid, missed a couple of silly 3 footers but the greenkeepers had cut the pins in some very strange positions. I think it had something to do with protecting the greens for the devils punchbowl open comp tomorrow.

A +5 gross back 9 with a double bogey 4 putt on the 17th. Absolutely ridiculous pin position 2 feet from the back edge. 6 inches past and it runs all the way off the green.

Happy to buffer on my new handicap.

Actually got cut another 0.4 ….
Not sure I can keep this form going ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wexham Park nine hole with the wife today. I got a decent score of 36 (4 over), mainly due to chipping which was good. Missed a few greens with really lazy swings. Wife played well too, managed a par and two bogeys and a score of 53.