I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok yes I can accept that after reading it again, that is how it appears, however what I'm meaning (but probably not explaining very well) is that I constantly score so much better off the yellows and as my hi is more or less maintained off the yellows I'm much lower than I would be if i only submitted scores off the whites, when I go and play medals or match play ties off the whites I simply can't compete, it's almost like I need two hi's off the two sets of tees, I know that sounds silly but it's how it feels sometimes. I can assure you I have never tried to manage my h'cap upwards, I take great pride in having had a lowish h'cap all my life, have never had a h'cap higher than 7 and don't intend to start now
Sounds like you suffer the same fate as our seniors. Most of our seniors only play senior competitions, which apart from two are all played from the forward yellow tees. When they do play the two comps off the white tees the scores that they produce would suggest that most struggle with the extra length. The difference between the yellow and white tees as given by WHS is 1.5 shots.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played 36 holes at Temple GC yesterday with work society.

Practice round in the morning, first time playing the course and loved it. Had a fantastic round of 79 and 42 points.

Second round started terribly, 8 points after 6 holes but 3 subsequent pars got me to a respectable 17 points. Got back in my groove on the back 9 and finished on 84, for 37 points and that was enough to win my 1 point.

Stunning course that was a lot of fun.

Jason.H

Visit site
I played in that too. I agree with the greens. Had one 30ft putt which looked slightly downhill, gave it a light tap and ended up 20ft past!

Thankfully though non of our 4 ball had played it before we asked around for some tips beforehand like hitting 160 off a couple of tees on par 4,s so not to run into trouble ?. Got to admit I was too tight to buy a yardage book at £6 for a 1 time visit.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sounds like you suffer the same fate as our seniors. Most of our seniors only play senior competitions, which apart from two are all played from the forward yellow tees. When they do play the two comps off the white tees the scores that they produce would suggest that most struggle with the extra length. The difference between the yellow and white tees as given by WHS is 1.5 shots.

Sounds sensible to have seniors comps off the yellows … at my club nearly all are off the whites. Seems illogical to me.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last round of my Scotland Golf Holiday.

BB match play, won 6&4. Individually managed 37 points with 2 non scoring holes.

Was going to play in Carlisle this afternoon but the weather won on this occasion. Off to Wetherspoons instead.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Played today at Sandwell in an event, after a long drought I managed to win and come away with £250 voucher off Stewart golf.
Managed to keep the same ball all the way round a foreign course, keep my head despite poor ball striking and. Good pint of moretti and one of the best pies I’ve had at the end.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Managed to get out for 13 holes after work. Ended up with 3 birdies and 3 over through 12 of them so pretty good for me (28 points).

But (and its a big but), it was slightly marred by the fact I completely forgot how to play golf on our SI 17 4th, which is a 250 yard par 4... I went 5 off the tee and ended up with a 10 ??.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So.... Wednesday I played very averagely...
Yesterday I made the decision to change career and lifted my mindset massively
Today, in the pouring rain, I shot 73..+2 with a double on the 5th...
The moral?
Free your mind....(y):cool:

evemccc

Visit site
So.... Wednesday I played very averagely...
Yesterday I made the decision to change career and lifted my mindset massively
Today, in the pouring rain, I shot 73..+2 with a double on the 5th...
The moral?
Free your mind....(y):cool:

Is the new career ‘pro golfer’?! ?

Congrats on the 73?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today in our swindle. Windy and rainy so quite tough conditions. Three birdies, three bogeys and a double to be 2 over and 37 points. Happy days as I managed to win by 1 point?. Usually 37 points comes nowhere near the top spot.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I didn’t play today. Was about to leave at 7.15 am for an away seniors match for my club, when I got the message that the course was waterlogged and the match was off. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Woke up this morning, on my 36th birthday, and my left hip was hurting for no reason. Life comes at you fast.

Had the day off to play at West Herts - first time playing there. Unfortunately the fairways are absolutely ruined from the heatwave, and with the torrential downpours we've had lately they were a bit of a mudbath. Bunkers were like cement too, but the greens were superb at least.

I started poorly as the hip was bothering me and I felt like I couldn't rotate properly. Started double, double, par, double. Another double on the 7th meant the front nine was only 15 points. Back nine only got worse, I completely lost the ability to hit an iron and started skulling them across the ground or just fatting everything. On the par 5 12th I duffed my 4th shot into a bunker, then hit it clean out, miles over the green and into a forest of trees, didn't even bother going over just left it there and moved on to the next tee. Managed two pars & three bogeys after that for some fairly steady golf at long last, but then the final hole was an absolute farce as well so finished on another double. Scraped 30 points but as I'm usually pretty steady I consider that a pretty awful return really. 94 gross. Only thing I really did well was putting but even then I must have missed by a centimetre at least 4 times.

At least we were lucky with the weather. Only rained for two holes in the middle, the rest of the time it was sunny and extremely humid.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
So glad you had such a great time on your birthday. Sounds like you really enjoyed it.
and
No longer a young man, but a geezer with a dodgy hip.
More things to moan about.
Isn't life great?
;)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played dartford. 86 shots and 31 points.
Probably the best I’ve hit my woods in a long time.

Greens were odd as the first had been cut but the next 3 hadn’t. 5th was cut, next few weren’t etc so you couldn’t get any consistency.
Not sure why the don’t cut them in order rather than as they go past them on their way round

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
President’s Day medal at my club this morning. Started really well and playing off of 22, ended the front nine with a gross 39 (par 36) for my first time scoring under 40 for nine holes.

Started to go wrong on the par 3 12th with a poor tee shot of the toe of my 4-iron. Ended up with a 7. Couldn’t find my tee shot on 13, which we saw bouncing along safely enough to the right of the fairway and just couldn’t get going again after that.

Was 8 under handicap at half way and ended up with nett 69 (par 71). A great score, but it could have been so much better.

Played the round with my new PXG driver, which right from the first hit on the range pre-round went well and straight.