I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Absolute train crash on 3 holes for the front 9 with a 46 and then cam home in 32 one under par for a tournament +18 and missing cut by 5.
Poor bunker play cost me at least 7 shots so off to see new Pro tomorrow ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Third day on the trot after two days at the county seniors. Today was 4somes KO at my home club. Me and my pal were giving 11 shots. We were 1 under gross after 11 holes and 5 up. We then lost the next two holes as we both hit a bad tee shot on our respective hole. We then won 14 and 15 to win 5/3.?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had our Foresomes Medal board comp this evening, shotgun start.

Started poorly with 6, 6, 7 (pars 4, 4 & 3), to leave us nett five over after just three holes. Handicaps 23 & 28. I said to my PP let’s try and keep it to +5 (nett 76) by the end of the round as something to aim at. We then managed a par and birdie to put us back on track and from then on played good consistent golf whilst avoiding trouble.

By the end we had turned it completely around and ended up with a nett 66 (par 71) and won the competition! I still can’t quite believe it after that start.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
played in a team match today at North Manchester, I was giving 8 shots, my opponent started like a train, she was level par after 6 holes and 5 up, she went 6 up before I started chipping her back and got back to 3 down before she had another couple of pars, one with a shot to go dormy 4 and although I won the 15th it was all over on the 16th green.
we worked out she would have scored 23 points on the front nine and had 37 after 16, so although I was disappointed to lose I would have struggled even if I had been at my best.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played in the other club knockout last night in very windy conditions.

Played ok apart from my putting being horrible. Thankfully my game tee to green was good enough for a 3 and 2 win.

The guy I was playing didn’t play his best on the front 9 so I had a comfortable lead going into the back 9. Which was lucky as he started holing putts from everywhere.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Played twice this weekend on away course for 37 and 35 points respectively
First time playing with a handicap (just) less than a shot a hole (17)
Par'd my favourite hole on the island both days, happy bunny ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Had our Foresomes Medal board comp this evening, shotgun start.

Started poorly with 6, 6, 7 (pars 4, 4 & 3), to leave us nett five over after just three holes. Handicaps 23 & 28. I said to my PP let’s try and keep it to +5 (nett 76) by the end of the round as something to aim at. We then managed a par and birdie to put us back on track and from then on played good consistent golf whilst avoiding trouble.

By the end we had turned it completely around and ended up with a nett 66 (par 71) and won the competition! I still can’t quite believe it after that start.

That's great!
So easy to drop your head after a poor start but instead it sounds like it strengthened your resolve. (y)

Visit site
It is our scratch matchplay competition this weekend. Top 16 from Club Champs and always a great event.

I have been ill from Thursday and there was 3 withdrawals yesterday, so I braved it and went out to play, despite feeling rough.

I bought a Lucozade at the turn. It tasted bizarre, and I immediately thought… Covid!
Turns out yes indeed, I have Covid. Tested positive upon returning home.

Golf is hard anyway. Let alone when you’re a 4 handicapper playing a scratch match vs a scratch player. Hindhead is hilly as f**k and a tough walk. Add Covid into the mix… and losing 3&2 is no major embarrassment.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just back from Bolton Old Links playing in their festival betterball medal.

Loved the course, greens were absolute lightning and comfortably the quickest I've ever played.

My partner and i dovetailed nicely for a net -4 on the front 9 before a couple of horror holes on the back nine left us with a 67 (-5).

Will definitely be back though. Feel like its a course you have to know to score well on.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got back last night from 4 nights on the lash in Spain.

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and sore neck, both a result of dozing off on the plane. Did a test, negative, so went to play this morning. Shouldn’t have bothered. Played well front 9 for 17 points without making a putt. Back 9 was a total car crash. Driving went to pot, 3 blobs as a result, and another 2 bad holes as a result of dreadful hybrid shots.

Ended up with 26 points, should have stayed in bed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
After last week's debacle in the Club Champs I just fancied a knockabout off the yellows today, and my mates agreed. One of them just coming back from shoulder surgery so it was always going to be that for him anyway. Started on the 13th, and hit a huge drive with the wind behind and the fairways dried out - I was further up than I've ever been before. Should've birdied but lipped out. And that was the story of the whole day really. Played well in some pretty fierce breeze at times, but my putting was rubbish. Made five pars, only two doubles, for a very sensible and dull 83 for 36 points. If I could have putted at all it would have been an 80 but there it is.

I was delighted to see my mate play well and score 86 in his first full round back. He said he felt like he was hitting a shortened swing but it was barely an inch or two shorter than his normal swing. He'd slowed it down a tad but that actually took out some of the spin he normally gets which helped him I think. I told him he should try and keep playing this way! My other mate scored 96 for 36 points so we all did well and had a good day.

I was using the new TM Tour Response ball for the first time too and it seemed really good. Good distance off the tee and felt pretty good on chips as well.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday in the Pro-shop stableford comp. Have brought the HI down recently so was hoping for a steady round to help keep it there. Kept nearly all my drives in decent territory, and hit some lovely irons. Putting good too. Ended up with an 85 (nett 67 and 38 points). Another 0.5 off the index, and officially now at my lowest index ever. Hooray!! Onwards & downward ...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
interclub mixed foursomes knockout yesterday, playing with the captain, It didnt start well with me having to play 3 off the white tee on the first after a big hook intothe trees. It set a pattern and i spent a lot of time in the trees. I also had to play 3 off the whites on our longest hole where the whites are 130yds further back than the reds. We lost 5&3 15 holes and not a single par between us. the team lost too

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to a pitch & putt with the wife today, Metro Centre in Hendon. Hole lengths between 70 and 130. After half an hour we'd only managed two holes, held up by a SIX ball who all appeared to be sharing the one bag of clubs. I know it's pitch & putt but Christ, that's ridiculous. I shouted to ask if we can play through but they probably didn't even know what that means, they just blanked us, so we skipped the 4th and went to the 5th to get ahead of them. The greens were really tiny and immediately around them was quite long grass which made it trickier than it should have been in my opinion. ? I got a birdie and only two pars, plus two annoying doubles. Wife hit some nice shots so she was pretty happy. We scored 30 and 41 respectively for our 8 holes. Weather was nice. ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Captain's Weekend yesterday and today
4BBB.
We played this afternoon and the wind made it very tough..greens had been cut and ironed yesterday and again this morning and winds were gusting 30mph..
A couple of 43 pointers came in yesterday, nothing totally outlandish and it was much the same today.
Looks like a 44 today has won it.
We ( me and him) finished with 38 to be in the top 1/3 ..fairly respectable I thought..
Pretty steady, a brace of 19 pointers..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Went to the course for a friendly knock but my PP said he'd entered the Extra Medal, which is just a casual comp, so I said I'd enter to to keep him company.

It was pretty windy and my PP checked the scores already in and there were only 7 who'd bothered to enter and of them a nett 79 was leading. :eek:

I scored net 75 and so am currently the clubhouse leader, it's nearly 8pm now so unlikely to be any more latecomers but knowing my luck.....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just had a nice evening 9 holes.

40 swipes which was disappointing as I played better than that.

Got another 9 booked for Wednesday lunch time

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its was our ladies 36 hole championship, I have to say I played very well, 82 gross for the morning round, 83 for the afternoon. It wasn't without out faults 6 3 putts over the 2 rounds and one of 2 other errors but all in all I was very please with how I played and I did end up as champion,
Very well done Louise ! I bet you feel quite chuffed?