I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rehabilitation continues from the deepest misery of the last 5yrs suffering as a result of having a chronic case of the shanks, as today with new ’swing’ and thinking I won the Club‘s Winter Singles K/O final.

So for the 2nd time I get my name on one of the Club’s main competition boards…the same competition as before as I won it in 2014. Was very proud to get on a board for the first time, and now a really lovely feeling being a two times winner and on that board twice.

Best thing was of course winning (2up) after a cracking nip-and-tuck match, but finishing just 5 over gross (7 under singles PH) was testament to solid ‘few mistakes’ matchplay with me keeping calm after going 2down after 3.

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Friendly game and 33 points but the highlight of the round was a little pitch over a bunker with my 10 iron to 4 feet which I holed for par.

Short game has been a fiasco for me over the last few years but has been slowly improving recently.
What pleased me about the shot today was that my mind wasn't filled with negative thoughts as I stood over the ball, but rather how I was going to play the shot.
That says that confidence must be on the up and the light is visible at the end of the tunnel. :D

D

Deleted member 15344

Easter Challenge at Saunton - 81 on the East , 79 on the West - ridiculously cold putter on both 18s

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another shocker for me 97. Drove really well, but cannot chip or putt to save my life. The wife goes from strength to strength 103 (101) with a 10 on the card. She was really good. These were entered. I suspect a cut for her to about 26 and an increase for me.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Invited by @Oddsocks to play his place, Croham Hurst, with @Dando, and one of Baz's mates, Dip, and had a great day.
We played fourball better ball matchplay, but sadly, the wrong team won after I bladed a chip on the 18th to gift the match to Dip and Baz... or Dip and Dipshit maybe? ?
Still, I beat Baz on stableford and strokeplay, at his own place (39 points, 81, 2 under hcap).
Nice course, but local knowledge is a must. Nunber of times I'd have been off the back of the green if Baz hadn't told me to take 10 yards off a shot would have been double figures.
Lovely beefburger with cheese and bacon, sans bacon, post round. Quite how you forget to put bacon in a bacon burger is beyond me. Hilariously, we mentioned it to them and a cooked rasher each turned up on a plate, but sadly, Dando had finished his burger.
Thanks to Baz and Dando for a lovely time.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Casual knock with two guys from the regular roll ups. Took casual too seriously and not enough focus and concentration. Got it round in 30 points but didn't play at all well. Lots of work to be done this week after work

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Lovely beefburger with cheese and bacon, sans bacon, post round. Quite how you forget to put bacon in a bacon burger is beyond me. Hilariously, we mentioned it to them and a cooked rasher each turned up on a plate, but sadly, Dando had finished his burger.
Thanks to Baz and Dando for a lovely time.
Special version for Easter? :oops::LOL:

Jason.H

Visit site
Played in a Mizuno singles event at Horsley Lodge this morning. Was surprised to find that one of my PPs was from my club although we had not met before.
Started well with a par on the par 5 first. It went downhill from there, in particular my putting including a 3-putt from 4ft. Ended up with 28 pts.
Course was nice, with some interesting holes, but let down by the greens which were very bobbly and slow having recently been hollow-tined (doesn’t excuse my poor putting).

I played too, managed 39 points for 2nd place in division 1. Played with 3 strangers who were great company. Interesting greens lots having different tiers and hogs backs ect. As it happened I quite liked the scoring on the Golf genius app it was a doddle.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Intended to get out for a solo round but ended up being joined by the club pro as he was shutting up shop and said he'd sign a card if i wanted to chuck one in

Started very averagely and was 6 over through 6 and a little embarrassed in front of the pro tbh as it hadnt been pretty golf.

After that something just clicked, and I only dropped another 3 shots for the round! Very nearly had a level par back 9 which would have been a first for me but a hook into the gorse on the 15th meant a had to play my provisional.

Best round of the year and a 0.6 cut incoming I think. The quest for single figures continues.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First round singles knockout this evening. I was getting 18 shots. Six of the first seven holes he played in par to my bogey to tie the hole, and he holed three consecutive putts of 15ft, 20ft and 25ft on 3,4 & 5 and I missed two of 3ft to win holes. Was one down at that point having driven into a bush on the second.
The standard dropped after that, but the game remained close. All square going down the last where I managed my first par to win one up.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First round singles knockout this evening. I was getting 18 shots. Six of the first seven holes he played in par to my bogey to tie the hole, and he holed three consecutive putts of 15ft, 20ft and 25ft on 3,4 & 5 and I missed two of 3ft to win holes. Was one down at that point having driven into a bush on the second.
The standard dropped after that, but the game remained close. All square going down the last where I managed my first par to win one up.

That's good timing!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was down a wee practice round with my partner at greencastle before playing them on sunday.
Alt shots so we have that worked out. Hes a stronger iron player than me and I'm handier round the green with a wedge so it's a no brainer for him to take 4 out of 5 par 3s.

Played the new holes for the first time. This is a nice tee shot over a beach.

Only thing you cant do is hook it.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
First match for the handicap team and I was dreadful ?. My partner carried me for the first 6 holes before I started contributing on the holes I had shots on.

We were 4 up after 14 but somehow managed to let it go to the 18th where a birdie putt from my partner in the dark ensured the win.

Greens were woeful though and made any approaches and putting really difficult. According to our green keeper it was the result of being sanded so there was no bite on approach, but made putting really slow.