I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A battle of the mediocre today. Started on the 8th, so two par 5s to open and parred both of them - unfortunately followed that with three doubles. Only made two further pars on the rest of the round. Just couldn't string two good shots together. A good drive would be followed by a poor 2nd, or a good shot to find the green would be followed by a crap putt. There was no one aspect I could say I was consistently good at. Just one of those frustrating days. Shot 87 in the end for 32 points.

Weather was strange too. Forecast said cold A.F. so I dressed for it, but as the sun was out it really wasn't that bad. Had the beanie hat and jumper off for a while, then the sun would go in and suddenly it's freezing. But the ground was bone dry. Then it even tried to snow for about 2 minutes.

My new shoes were good though. ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
A battle of the mediocre today. Started on the 8th, so two par 5s to open and parred both of them - unfortunately followed that with three doubles. Only made two further pars on the rest of the round. Just couldn't string two good shots together. A good drive would be followed by a poor 2nd, or a good shot to find the green would be followed by a crap putt. There was no one aspect I could say I was consistently good at. Just one of those frustrating days. Shot 87 in the end for 32 points.

Weather was strange too. Forecast said cold A.F. so I dressed for it, but as the sun was out it really wasn't that bad. Had the beanie hat and jumper off for a while, then the sun would go in and suddenly it's freezing. But the ground was bone dry. Then it even tried to snow for about 2 minutes.

My new shoes were good though. ?

Any close calls on an OOB?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
32 points in the Saturday roll up with three no score holes. In my defence I was absolutely hanging after having too much beer last night so felt crap all the way round and concentration not its best. Some good stuff but putting way off the mark. Annoyed as 38 won and that would have been within reach without the silly mistakes

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Captains drive in today. Drawn comp.
Draw a fella off 3 and a lady off 6. (With a blind score for our 4th player that pullled out).
I had 5 birdies and an eagle (really hope this form lasts)

We played pretty well as a team. Was properly impressed with the game of our lady golfer. Last hole she had 165yrds from a fairway bunker with water in front of the green. Striped it to 20ft with a 5 wood. Most blokes would struggle to do that, never mind with a 5wood.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shot 80 today. Irons were shocking. Kept the doubles off the card but far too many bogies. 3 from inside 120 yards which is unforgivable.
Made a wee 2 which is always nice.
Couple of club wind out there which made it intresting.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Started badly, failing to score at both the 3rd and 4th, but played the next ten holes one under gross before inexplicably blobbing 15 from absolutely nowhere.

Still finished on 35 points despite the three blobs and two single pointers, so much to be happy with again.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First open of the season and after hitting well around Fortrose and nairn this week I had high expectations. Well 4 putt on the 2nd put paid to that. Utter ..... on the plus side its knocked my best score from.lady year out my 20, so my handicap will def be going up ?

Boomy

Visit site
Played a shocker today ? Started ok as well, bogey 1st, birdie 2nd, bogey 3rd, birdie 4th…. then off came the wheels ? everything went kaput. Still, it was a lovely day out on the links, all practice in some way or other ? (also a couple from this evening looking across the Solway and over towards the Lake District ?

2659A07B-2EE9-410B-962C-037F46CBAC32.jpegF1F64CF9-2C62-4115-84B8-E4E465AFFB60.jpeg
D3DA451D-C83C-4B7F-BBA5-28AC8C546231.jpeg
1EE25278-2565-4FCD-B5F5-EDBAE564FA41.jpeg

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
…..and almost played well after a couple of poor rounds.

The weather was a bit random. Started in warm flat calm conditions, which turned to cold and windy conditions. Which then turned into snow, and back to warm and calm, then wind and rain before finishing sunny but cold.

I had a new set of irons in the bag and the greens have just had their spring maintenance which made putting a bit of a lottery.

Ball striking was generally pretty good. But there was a couple of mental errors that led to a double and a triple bogie.

The game, feels to be going in the right direction.

Edit: Just dissected my round from yesterday as I couldn’t shake the feeling my score didn’t reflect how I felt I had played. I didn’t really concentrate with the putting as the greens had been cored and dressed. Also with new irons in the bag I wanted to concentrate on hitting them. Still, 38 putts including 4 3 putts is comical. As is being 7 over for just the par 3s.

There is easily 8 shots to take off with better concentration and playing with the intention to score.

It’s very rare I will play and not try to post the best score I can. Yesterday’s 85 could easily have been a 77 and on target for my goal of getting to a 5 index this year.

On a positive note. The Ping I500 irons are awesome.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
First 18holes for nearly 3 weeks and a tidy 36pts…couple of good birdies in there but a terrible blob on our SI 1 par 5…a blob on a par 5 when I have a shot is almost inexcusable…but I can excuse myself. Good refresher for my winter singles K/O semi coming up on Wednesday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

Played a shocker today ? Started ok as well, bogey 1st, birdie 2nd, bogey 3rd, birdie 4th…. then off came the wheels ? everything went kaput. Still, it was a lovely day out on the links, all practice in some way or other ? (also a couple from this evening looking across the Solway and over towards the Lake District ?

View attachment 42076View attachment 42077
View attachment 42078
View attachment 42081

Gorse wasn't that colour when I last played about 3 weeks ago.....

Last out in comp tomorrow with no expectations of breaking 80 as I'm seriously under golfed at present. At least the snow on the hills will remind me of last weeks ski holiday, although tomorrow is going to be a lot colder than scorching hot Austria was :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played yesterday and had an absolute nightmare on one of our par 3s - a 7. Got in to a bunker with a very high lip and had one of those lies where a previous player had raked near every bit of sand out of that area. Just caught the very lip and it rolled back into the same area 3 times with the same result. Very highly annoying as I am a good bunker player.

Not a great day all told suffering from the blocks on many an occasion. Funny thing is the score will be one of my 8 if the next round round is worse.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Breakthrough day today, after finishing 2nd in 3 comps so far this year on countback, finally got it over the line for a win in today’s medal.

Played solidly, with no horrors for an 80 (nett 65), which was enough to win by 2 shots. Will be a reasonable cut once it kicks in tomorrow.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
The lefts haven’t left yet… everything straight left again, obviously an out to in swing with a closed face. Contact is perfect, very annoying. Big range session needed I think.

Match play foursomes and somehow we managed the win 2/1, don’t feel like we deserved it at all. Reckon I’d have struggled to break 90 on my own.

Never mind, cold and pretty

Attachments

• 1BB93747-FC3F-4321-8DB7-71B0163E7435.jpeg
    1BB93747-FC3F-4321-8DB7-71B0163E7435.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

First medal today - started with 2 three putts , settled with a birdie , then another at the 11th , then dropped 3 shots on 5 holes with muds ball ?