I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It was freezing, windy, snow started and we had 14 holes of it. My fingers have just started feeling warm. Balls dropped onto practice green only had a stimp/ bounce factor of five bounces.
It was one of the most enjoyable rounds I have had for months. Me and a playing Partner. His MIL passed away before Christmas. We righted the worlds wrongs. Laughed, apologised for crap situations we are in. Took the mickey. Laughed at course conditions and after 14 holes came into the 19th with our batteries fully recharged. It was fantastic

AliMc

Visit site
We only managed 3 holes today due to the wind picking up and sleet showers blowing across the course, ground was pretty solid too, still started 5,4,3 didn't look like clearing up so coffee and a bacon roll seemed like the best idea !

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Millionaires golf today, I just can't think why! :unsure:
Okay, it was a bit cold. It was -1ºC as I pulled in to the car park.
Had a great time, hit some great shots, hit some shockers.
Me and my bro beat our mates 2&1 with a good birdie putt on 17th.
A great afternoon.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only 12 holes open but won the texas scramble yesterday, got a two (bizarrely there was only 1), so got a bumper pro shop payday !!!!

Struck the ball amazing and putted like a god. I holed 4 x 15/20 footers and a couple of tricky 6 footers to boot. Greens were slow because of the rain so you could just hit them with pace at the hole. In my head that's how I'm going to putt in the first medal of the Summer but in my heart I know the flat stick will turn into a snake by then.

AliMc

Visit site
Nice day at Dunbar, not too much wind and only a couple of very light showers, only a 3 ball so kept a gp score, flopped my 3rd at the 1st into the burn in front of the green for a double bogey 7 then played level par for a 2 over 73, probably a 0.6 cut to hi coming, down to 5.0

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First full round in eleven weeks.

Front nine abysmal (8 pts), back nine was a bit of everything, including two birdies (18pts)!

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Went back to range today to hit some more balls with my new irons. Really happy with the feel of the PXG 0311's.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
3 club competition today at Leighton Buzzard for the Captain's Drive In, only 12 holes due to the wet weather.

I used a 4 hybrid, PW and a putter. 3 birdies, 1 blob and 28 points gave me the victory - and my name on the honours board! My first ever club competition win and I am over the moon.

IMG-6010.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Last qualifying round of our Winter League division today, 4BBB Stableford.
We knew we needed a decent round but couldn't get it going on the front nine with 16 points, finished with 36 points and thought we'd blown it but checking all the results we might have snuck into the KO stage in last qualifying place.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Pretty memorable round for me this morning in our seniors stableford.

Started fairly ordinarily but birdied our par 3 6th, after a couple early pars. The fun began on the 10th, (after a blob on the 9th following an OOB tee shot (by all of 4 inches!)). The 10th is a par 5 and after a poor pitch I left myself off the green with a chip for a point. Almost didn't bother hitting it but glad I did as it rolled across the green and fell into the hole.

On the 12th I was just off the green and elected to putt, with the ball lipping out but leaving an easy par.

On the 13th I chipped in from about 4 yards off the green for par.

On the Par 5 15th I chipped in from a similar distance to eagle :eek:.

Ended up with 40 points - waiting for the final results, but what was most remarkable for me was chipping in on 3 holes, and almost doing it a 4th time(as a 15 indexer :LOL:). Think I chipped in 3 times in 2021, playing 2-3 times a week.

I think I had 20 putts for the entire round today. Funny thing is that I wasn't as happy with my driving today.....if only I could get it all to work at the same time!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Conditions at the course similar to yesterday's with the exception of the fog..so, as I could see more than 30 feet in front of my nose I thought I'd better get out for 9 or risk being called names again....:whistle:
Carry only so just a half set again.
+1 on the back 9 for 21 points including a kick in birdie at the most difficult hole on the course...
Little breeze so not feeling too cold.
Struck the ball well...

D

Deleted member 3432

Interesting to say the least, 5 birdies and the rest was an exhibition of ploughing ??

1st game of the year so nice to be out but swung the club like a clown.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Glorious weather for it, 83 with 1 lost ball, a duffed chip and 3 3 putts. The greens are so hard to read at the moment although I’m leaving long putts way too short. Driver only woke up on the 13th, only 1 fairway up until then. Nearly a year on since my lesson on irons / approach play and I’ve grooved that swing good and proper now, looking forward to loads of GIR’s. Short game leaves a great deal to be desired.

4 FIR, 9 GIR, 37 putts!

Heavenly out there though…

Attachments

• 2C6864EB-0F40-4DB7-8044-53D64A4EF33C.jpeg
    2C6864EB-0F40-4DB7-8044-53D64A4EF33C.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 12

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Wonderful day out there today. Went down to the coast to play Eastbourne Downs and bar a few rough patches here and there you won't find much better value around given the £22 green fee! 6 pars, 6 bogeys and some abominations resulted in a very pleasing 38 points to start the year. Although the highlight was definitely crunching a 4 iron off the tee on the 7th with an audience after we were waved through!