I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out with HiD for 9 holes that ended up being 11 as we went 1-3 then 11-18.
2 over again and won 2 & 1.
Course drying with trollies allowed today, hope we miss the rain as have 110 for Shotgun start at 9.00 tomorrow morning

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just 12 holes with a couple of mates before the drizzle increased as it got darker…and a very encouraging level gross front nine then just one dropped before we were done. Just steady, consistent, no-nonsense. I even managed to chuck in a couple of careless three putts ?

One of the guys reflected and compared my play today with when he’d played with me a couple of years back and I was a very miserable and confused golfer, deep in Shankland and feeling like jacking it all in. Chalk and Cheese.

So to anyone currently where I have been, have hope. Get a lesson or two. Then practice what your told. Back then I never thought I’d ever get (back) to where I am today.

Last edited:

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played seaford head today... And was level par after the front 9 (that's a first for me, having only played to par on the back 9 of wellshurst twice in 2021).

The wind picked up for the afternoon and made it more challenging, but finished +6 (77) off a handicap of 9.

Great start to 2022 ?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played seaford head today... And was level par after the front 9 (that's a first for me, having only played to par on the back 9 of wellshurst twice in 2021).

The wind picked up for the afternoon and made it more challenging, but finished +6 (77) off a handicap of 9.

Great start to 2022 ?
Did you enjoy the 18th hole?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First time out for 10 weeks. Was worried about where my drive on the first would go. Shouldn’t of been as my first four drives were straight with good distance. It was the short game that let me down, and where I need to spend my time practicing over the next few months, but was only one over my handicap after the nine holes. A decent start to the year.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Sunday stableford this morning, very slightly shorter course with a couple of temp greens.

Could not get off the tee well, driver was terrible and after hitting one OOB on our 4th hole it didn’t come out of the bag again (new driver is looking more appealing as I had just lost confidence with this one, although I know it’s my swing that’s the cause). Short game and putting kept the score reasonable and ended up with 35 points, gross 84.

Winter golf is here though, as someone had 48 points ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
3 man team comp this morning, we were 1st off and though the forecast was good we arrived on the tee just as it started to lash it down, pretty windy as well. So we bogeyed the first two holes, then it cleared and was a nice morning.. tye group behind either didn't turn up or waited for it to clear before going off as there was no one in sight until we got to the 4th green. I doubt we will be in the running we were net 62, me off 3, Slow dave off 1 and our higher handicap off 13, who alas wasn't I n a single hole again.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
First game since September for me today. Struck it surprisingly well and scored okay, although having been inactive for several months I ran out of steam midway through the back nine.

I’m going to ache like a bugger tomorrow but I don’t care. Although some here may say I’m anything but normal, and never could be, it’s the first time for some time I’ve felt like I’ve got my life back.

Bring on the rest of 2022 ?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Only 13 holes open today, played very solidly the whole way, one duff chip into a bunker was a lowlight, but knocked the bunker shot close to save par. A couple of wayward drives towards the end cost me a couple of shots, but I’d already dispatched my pp 4&3 by then.

Boomy

Visit site
Played in a Green Tee Greensomes competition at Silloth ⛳️ today in easily a 3-4 club wind - very challenging, even on the shorter course but great fun ???‍♂️ We scraped a respectable 41 points - 17 out (into the wind)(with 1 NR ?) and 24 back (wind with) Happy New Year ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I got absolutely soaked for first six holes but played very well.
Then the rain stopped and I just could not get warm.
Course was very wet and needs a rest from footfall for a bit imo.
I got wet on the 12th. One of those where you get the waterproofs on and it eases off and then comes back down heavily so back on with waterproofs. Our back nine is looking churned in places and I think we definitely need to go to carry only, even if that means some won't be able to play and ideally close the back nine. Any damage getting done now will take a long time to recover and I'd rather take the hit now for a better course come March

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got wet on the 12th. One of those where you get the waterproofs on and it eases off and then comes back down heavily so back on with waterproofs. Our back nine is looking churned in places and I think we definitely need to go to carry only, even if that means some won't be able to play and ideally close the back nine. Any damage getting done now will take a long time to recover and I'd rather take the hit now for a better course come March
Yes I agree
I am having a few weeks off.
Never had so much mud on my ball as today.
The water has nowhere to go as the ponds are all full.
A few five clubs carry only comps if they won’t close it would help.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Christmas Swindle, albeit belated, today. Normally a 12 handicap, but play off 7 in that swindle. Shot 30 points, which with as much mud and slip underfoot I was happy with. Even happier, I won a nearest the pin for the first time in years.
Putting was terrible, as I couldn't bring myself to hit things hard enough, and left so much short. Two or three birdie putts became bogeys, but it's not the time of year to worry about putting.
However, the new swing seems to be working, but work still to do as it's not yet set. However, I'm moving into 2022 with a good bit of confidence.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes I agree
I am having a few weeks off.
Never had so much mud on my ball as today.
The water has nowhere to go as the ponds are all full.
A few five clubs carry only comps if they won’t close it would help.

Thinking of giving it a rest too. It's killing my chipping and pitching off the mud. Destroying my confidence and finding it impossible to make good contact regularly of wet muddy lies.