I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Managed to get round this morning, overall the course was in decent condition, bar a couple of holes.

Hit the ball pretty well given the damp ground, short game was much improved , starting to see the benefit of wedge work at the range. Struggled to club properly in the mid irons which was a bit frustrating though.

Ended up with an 80, which is now starting to feel about an average round. Last 4 rounds have been 79,80,79,80 so ending the year quite well. If the cards had been in my hand my last 8 rounds would all be my counters in WHS which would see my handicap down at 14.3 rather than 16.2 so backing up that my game is heading in the right direction.
Good consistency ? What CR are you playing on? (Surprised your guesstimate wasn't lower)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Good consistency ? What CR are you playing on? (Surprised your guesstimate wasn't lower)

Just rechecked and I wasn’t quite right with saying my last 8 scores would be counters as there are two older scores that would be in there instead. Re-did the maths and it would be down to 13.8.

Par is 69, but the CR is 66. So whilst it’s a relatively “easy” course, still a bit of a challenge to drive the handicap down.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just 9 of us in the Fiddle, 3 balls and 2 scores to count. Ended up with 66 from 15 holes which we played and I had 4 birdies in a 2 over gross. Happy days and won the Money

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Got a message from work late morning to say 'just finish when you want to' so booked a tee time and headed out - on arrival at the first tee right on time I saw that someone was just teeing off - strange I thought as there was nobody booked for half an hour before me. Briefly thought about asking if he had a reservation and then decided I'm not in a hurry and only going to play nine so why bother and waited till he was on the green before teeing off.

He was slow which turned out to be good as it reminded me to slow down over the ball and not rush my shots - which led to me hitting it well.

Round in 39 shots for nine holes, never holed a putt of any length and was in two bunkers so reasonably pleased with that.

It was misty out there (fair bit more than it appears in these pics but also 9° C and no wind at all so I was overdressed wearing Craghoppers lined winter trousers and a hoodie.

Out again at sunrise tomorrow morning - similar temperature but a decent breeze forecast.

IMG_6735.jpg
First green Ashludie course, Monifieth Links.

IMG_6739.jpg
15th green Ashludie course, Monifieth Links, photographed from 5th tee.

IMG_6745.jpg
Reflection in a puddle on the 8th fairway, Ashludie Course, Monifieth Links

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I didn’t so much play today, as swing a club down the range, the first time I have swung a club in just over three months.

Even though the results were largely horrific, boy, did it feel good!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Carry only like yesterday. I really struggled to get round and bailed today after nine. Back sore and feeling tired after recent illness and really want to play over the weekend so no point pushing. Course was really wet so didn't feel I was missing much

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I managed to squeeze in 7 holes in the last hour and a bit of daylight. And as I walked to the 18th green in the dying embers of the light of 2021 - almost in the dark; unable to see where my two balls had finished, and with clubhouse in darkness as it had closed for the year…I reflected on how fortunate I am to be able to be a member of my excellent traditional golf club, playing a lovely track with a great friendly and all welcoming membership…and today playing these 7 holes pretty much as well as I can.

So filled with feelings of optimism, I wish all here the very best golfing and golfing good fortune in 2022. May it be a better year for us all.

D

Deleted member 21258

Booked up last minute last night for today, bets the other option work! Trip out for the last day of the year, how warm. Did for the first time a nine hole scorecard, shot 41 in the wind, was happy with and a scorer for handicap i think, system shows whs 9.5 scoring diff.

Loving the new sandy waste areas on 8th/9th/10th, new bunkers on 8th and on 14th.(big pictures on double clicking them, them again once opened)

[url=https://postimg.cc/Z9LSHh8m][/url]

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a 4bbb matchplay England v India today

A bit damp out there but I hit the ball better than I did for most of the season, 9 pars playing off 18 just hope I remember how to do it next year - well at least on Sunday!

4LEX

Visit site
Had a couple of decent rounds in tough conditions this week (74 and 72). Spent a few hours today at a range with Top Tracer going through the yardages. How does everyone find the accuracy from said tracker? It had trouble picking up a lot of my best drives.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Had a couple of decent rounds in tough conditions this week (74 and 72). Spent a few hours today at a range with Top Tracer going through the yardages. How does everyone find the accuracy from said tracker? It had trouble picking up a lot of my best drives.

I think it varies from range to range to be honest, not sure how given they're all using the same equipment but it certainly seems that way.

My local one seems pretty on the money for anything up to about 160 yards. But its useless for my drives, I have to absolutely button one to get it over 200 yards which isn't my on course experience at all, I can see the ball go over/through the fence at 220 yards and on screen it'll be 190 yards carry or suchlike.

Conversely the Penrith one I visited once had me hitting 180 yard 8 irons and over 300 yard carry driver ?.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out at sunrise for first 18 holes of 2022, lovely out there though there was a decent breeze. We were meant to be first out but there was a pair in front of us, apart from that we were the only people on the course for the first four or five holes. As we played the 6th we saw a six ball coming down the second but there really weren't a lot of people out playing.

One thing I noticed quickly was that with the greenkeepers being off today the bunkers hadn't been raked - I've got a new appreciation for the work they do in the mornings now.

Generally OK round, some good and some not so good - loose score was somewhere in the 80s.

IMG_6747.jpg
Approach to 8th green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

IMG_6748.jpg
10th green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

IMG_6750.jpg
Looking down the 13th from the 10th green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

IMG_6756.jpg
14th green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links with sun breaking through and the big pitch mark repairer

IMG_6757.jpg
Chip to 15th green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

Loved it out there, Happy New Year folks

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went on the course with some clubs for the first time in a week, was pretty ropy, esp putting. Greens are still amazing though. Was a decent day weather wise, no wind and about 9 deg, though I felt freezing all the way round and could just not get warm. Mind I had been n my last night shift. Playing in a 3 man team comp tomorrow, I've low expectations though ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with the Fragster - very quiet course, was expecting it to be busy...
Exceedingly average front 9, the swing from Thursday has disappeared and I'm back to the ropey old one....
15 out - plenty over..could have been worse..
Found my game on the 10th...2 over coming home for 20 points and a total of 35.
Index up by half a shot but no change to the number of shots I get..
I'll let Fragger fill you in on his day - suffice to say I'm losing interest in WHS.....

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Nice to get out on New Years Day and we certainly picked the best time weather wise although it was very windy and we had a bit of rain.

Started off like an express train birdie on the first, first time ever, and par on the 2nd, had 10 points after 3 holes, then a couple of bad holes followed by a recovery
Finished the front 9 with 20 to @Imurg on 15.

Started the back 9 badly with a hooked par 3 drive onto the road, , but then a run of 5 x 3 pointers to reach 36 with 2 holes left
Finished with 40 against 35 for little chubby bro
2 blobs as well, left so many out there, but putted really well

We both put cards in and @Imurg reckons my index will come down by .5 but won’t affect the number of shots I get.

Put in another 40 point card a couple of weeks ago, which again didn’t affect my number of shots

Under the old system, I’d have been cut 2.4 by now

Still got to be happy with a win. Starting the new year with a boom ?