I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
First winter match comp match today.

My partner and I were 3 up after 10, 1 down after 14.....my partner picked up on 14th not knowing he had a putt for the half (doh!)

I managed to make a clutch par on the 18th to snatch a half. Was great fun.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Funny old day. Driving was terrible, but the rest of my game was great. Can honestly say I never hit a bad shot from 150 in, but too many holes scrambling to get back in it after a bad drive. 36 points was decent but could have been a lot better.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Our 9th is a tricky par 3, around 190 with water all along the right. I've played with golfer C a few times and tends to find the water or hit a worldie. Today short left, & says "well at least not wet". Chunks the pitch into the bunker, then over-shoots into the penalty area! I'm nearby and can see the ball sitting on a reed bed. Golfer B has one of those ball retriever thingies (to keep to forum stereotyping he is a senior ?) so says to grab it from his bag. Golfer C attempts to retrieve the ball, but the retriever comes apart! Feeling guilty he drops into the hazard, seeing a firmish bit by the edge to try to retrieve the retriever ?. Not entirely sure what went next, but then see him coming out the other side of the water, trousers wet right to upper thighs! ? Never a dull moment!?

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
As to the golf, my 3rd week playing matchplay against the course. Last two weeks I've bodged the last to lose 2 down. Today after winning 17 I play the last all square. After 2 good blows I peach my 3rd, great line and expecting a birdie chance, but went 10 or so yards long 1?Thankfully made the par to half.
Hit several small draws today which was sort of this year's project, really pleased.
Course holding up pretty well for inland parkland (lift & clean often needed), comp tees still out & greens rolling well.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
35pts today with 2 blobs but felt I played even worse, was a bitterly cold wind out there on the estuary today though which made for some interesting clubbing decisions.

Felt like proper winter golf out there for the first time.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Rare Sunday game for me, pretty cold with a biting northerly wind. Judging my what the guys were saying might not be playing much next week as snow on the way. Not that bad for me ... fat biking in the snow is great fun

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got my wife on my course for nine holes this afternoon. Played 1 to 6 and then walked over to 14-15-16 as 7-8-9 I thought would be a bit too long and a hard slog for her.

She struggled a bit because it's been two weeks since she hit a ball unfortunately. She had three decent holes but six bad ones where she couldn't really strike the ball. Course is a bit less forgiving than some of the nine holers we've been playing as well of course. On three shots per hole Stableford she only managed 7 points sadly.

I bogeyed seven of the holes, parred one and doubled the last one which was annoying. Same as yesterday really, driver really good, putting abysmal and everything in between just alright really. I totalled myself as 15 points but then I realised because we played the three holes where I don't normally get a shot, I effectively only had six shots for the nine holes. The worst aspect was that I shot 40 with 21 putts! What on earth kind of statistic is that. Shocking. Over 50% of my shots were made with a putter. Ridiculous.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Rare Sunday game for me, pretty cold with a biting northerly wind. Judging my what the guys were saying might not be playing much next week as snow on the way. Not that bad for me ... fat biking in the snow is great fun

Oooh what fat bike have you got?

Apologies to everyone else for going briefly off topic!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
40 pointer yesterday! - Gross 82.

Chipping felt like an absolute mess and the driver wasnt the best behaved yet its my second best ever round!

A bit gutted I didnt start the round in EG before tee off as that would have dropped my HI into the 15's for the first time - but its a shot saved for winter golf!! #bandit

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Decent enough ball striking round. Comp on Saturday off the yellows and made the schoolboy error of starting with a birdie (knocked it to 5 foot). Always the kiss of death. I was actually four better than handicap walking off the 5th green and then had two silly holes to put me back to level 2's. Couple of poor shots on the back nine to post 32 but scoring not great throughout the field. Sunday roll up yesterday. Similar story and hit the ball well but failed to make it count and a couple of errors led to no score holes and 31 off the whites. Only one player beat 36 points so again a tough scoring day. Happy in general with my ball striking but need to cut out some silly errors

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Salsa mucluc 4.8 tyres

Nice, I always really fancied a salsa beargrease. Ended up getting an on one fatty trail as a stop gap between "proper" mountain bikes but I've still got it 5 years later, great fun for pootling about on. Although its sand rather than snow that it sees most often around here.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nice, I always really fancied a salsa beargrease. Ended up getting an on one fatty trail as a stop gap between "proper" mountain bikes but I've still got it 5 years later, great fun for pootling about on. Although its sand rather than snow that it sees most often around here.
I use mine most of the time tbh, I like the extra resistance the big tyres produce. Been on the beach a few times, though that involves getting in the car to drive to the decent places up here. Did a lot of snow riding last winter on my Genesis F B, but that only has 3 wide tyres. Looking forward to trying the mucluc in the snow this year. Ride with a group base's I the cairngorm and there's so great trails down there.

D

Deleted member 21258

Nice day out by the welsh sea, mountains and castle. Played good tee to green, putting and chipping rubbish, killing my scores.

Found six balls, losy one, hit it into the sun and it never came back.:whistle: