I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Front nine 20 points, back nine like I played with left handed clubs. A Pp had 20 points after 7 holes then started thing about his game and the wheels fell off massively

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A cheeky 42 points at Surrey downs today that included 6 missed birdie putts.
The driver had a nice day out but stayed in the bag again as the 3 wood is my weapon of choice at the moment
Greens weren’t that great but the course was decent with some lovely views
Not sure when I’ll play next

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Headed over to my previous place as my current place was closed! Got a game with my mate over there and the club President and beat them both. Thing is they both gave me shots and at least 10 years. It showed where my game is lacking as they both chipped their way close on virtually every green after me being up to 20 meters further down the fairway. But hey a wins a win.

D

Deleted member 3432

Ploughed it up today. Stiff as a board after doing quite a lot in the gym yesterday.
Bad play was not unexpected after gym session, just nice to get out as I was unable to play on my last set of rest days.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for nine holes this afternoon, chilly but sunny and a lovely afternoon. Course noticeably softer than two weeks ago but still firm by inland standards - Four pars, three bogeys, a double and a triple which included three lip outs added up to 42 shots for the nine. Could have played a few more holes but temperature was dropping quickly as sun began to dive for the horizon - football on Sunday this week so have a tee time for another nine on Saturday afternoon - then we are onto winter conditions when we will have a fair bit of work going on on the courses.

IMG_6358.jpg
Looking back down the 8th fairway: Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

D

Deleted member 3432

Out for nine holes this afternoon, chilly but sunny and a lovely afternoon. Course noticeably softer than two weeks ago but still firm by inland standards - Four pars, three bogeys, a double and a triple which included three lip outs added up to 42 shots for the nine. Could have played a few more holes but temperature was dropping quickly as sun began to dive for the horizon - football on Sunday this week so have a tee time for another nine on Saturday afternoon - then we are onto winter conditions when we will have a fair bit of work going on on the courses.

View attachment 39330
Looking back down the 8th fairway: Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

Class photo (y)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Didn't play, but had a lesson. Working on my turn - which can all too often be a slide.

The way I was hitting the ball at the end had me absolutely buzzing. Plenty of work to do but it'll be 100% worth it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
9 holes before sunset , managed to get through 2 slow players and then proceeded to play a nice solid round of golf.
Despite the downpour at the weekend and flooding of the greens they were quick and true. But it’s nice to play a low shot and get 6ft of roll and playing hit and sit golf. The white tees were right at the back as well, so it was playing long.
Still happy with the cobra putter and slk face.
I also took the fairway mat , did not use it too much as I was just off in places !

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't be annoyed about a 62....

No doubt one of player's who beat him had 46 points with a blob, now that's annoying ?
Yes course record for an am is 65.
But they put the tees forward for winter so it dosnt count.
I would be delighted . No matter where I finished.
Prizes were 1/2/3 rd :(

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had a round with the boys today, first game this week as had other things on.

Had a rare round where I drove, hit irons and putted well.. usually one element is slightly off. I thing I've found something, slight tweek of my swing which seemed to work.. let's hope I can remember what it was tomorrow still.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
18 in today with just a dr,7w,6,8,pw , 56 and putter. Was cruising, beat the young lad off 3 with a full bag of clubs over the 11 holes we played together, then he had to go to work and I managed to hit a couple of double bogeys, taking me to my handicap and a stableford score of 36.
I duffed the 7 wood off the tee at the second 150 yards leaving me a 200 yard second shot, which was another 7 wood but it just hooked away in the last 3rd. Should have just hit an 8 iron then dumped it as close as possible and let my putter tidy up. But hey ho, hindsight is 20:20 vision.
Hung on for the last few holes as my hands were tired as well , I was knackered also … not carried for 18 holes for a while ☹️

D

Deleted member 3432

Ploughing again today, some absolute dross.

At least it was dry, the only positive thing I can say about the round.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a TeeTours Am/AM event today at Woollaton Park near Nottingham, lovely course and one I'd not played before.

In the bag were Uniroyal Arnold Palmer laminated 1, 3 & 4 woods, JH Onions Crookshank VII irons 3 to SW and the Cash-In putter.

I started like a train going par, birdie, par, birdie. Single putted the first 6 greens and had 12 putts on the front nine.
It couldn't last though and didn't, the team finished on 85 which won't get us anywhere.

The only downer was on the last hole where all scores are to count. I hit a nice drive down the middle leaving a 7 iron in, but shanked it under a tree and close to OB, tried to punch out sensibly but it was short, then duffed into a bunker, out for 5 and two putts for a nil-point 7. :mad:

1636128692962.png

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at same venue as Crow and was in group behind him, good to have a quick catch up on the putting green before we teed off.
Only had 2 shots and used them wisely garnering 8 points without using my putter ( missed tow golden birdie chances on 9 and 10 ) On SI 1 drove into fairway bunker , hit 3 hybrid to just short of the green and holed the chip. On SI 2 was in the trees on the left , punched a 4 iron out but failed to clear fairway bunker but holed out from 70 yards :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Team had 82 so as Crow said no where near the prizes but an absolute top day out with the lads