I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 21258

played a couple of times, Hit ball well, putting and chipping still pants.

The sky was more interesting tho(big pictures open up, on clicking)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dodged the rain today, round in 2 and quarter as a two ball. Just as we got to the car park it lashed it down, was pretty windy though. Had a nice game with Struie Dave who had 6 birdies , 8,9,10 and 15, 16 , 17 and lipped out on 18. Hit it well again, with 4 of my own only blip was dunking in in the burn on 17 because some walker cutting across the front of the green.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pretty sure I’ve posted the same story before…

Club stableford comp, 24 points after 11 holes, I’m winning this. Scored another 8 points over the remaining 7 holes. Bloody game!

Turning point was my drive on the 12th, big slice over the 11th tee, big shout of fore right. Got down there, group behind called me over, I’m thinking ‘oh sh*t, I’ve hit one of them’…nope, chap calls me over ‘I’ll show you where your ball is or you’ll never find it’…it’s stuck up the bloody tree! Did contemplate doing a Sergio, but age talked me out of it!

D

Deleted member 3432

Fortunately I wasn't daft enough to venture out as it was horrible.

Appears 31 points won comp from 4 players with 29 points. I wonder if PCC will be 0 as usual....:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shot 80. AGAIN. Getting silly now. :LOL: 21 points out 18 in for 39. The killer was double bogeying the 13th which should be an easy par really. Had a birdie and six pars but that double and another at the 7th. Really need to break 80 and get the monkey off my back, it's annoying me now. Last five rounds at my home course, 82, 80, 82, 81, 80. ? Consistent though!

My dad played with us today, he has no handicap but we just play him off 36 and he managed 34 points today which is brilliant for him, by far his best round of the year. He arrived really early (not intentionally - he's moved away so had a long drive back but there was no traffic) so he had a long warm-up in the practise nets and it obviously paid off this time. ?? He even got a fantastic birdie on the 1st after knocking his 7 wood to three feet! Usually he tires early on the back nine, but that didn't really happen until the 17th & 18th this time so I was chuffed for him. My mates had 37 & 32 points so a good round had by all really.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Dodged the rain today, round in 2 and quarter as a two ball. Just as we got to the car park it lashed it down, was pretty windy though. Had a nice game with Struie Dave who had 6 birdies , 8,9,10 and 15, 16 , 17 and lipped out on 18. Hit it well again, with 4 of my own only blip was dunking in in the burn on 17 because some walker cutting across the front of the green.

Flew over yours as we landed early doors and drove up to Golspie. Didn't miss the rain the wind, the sun, the hail.... did I mention the wind.... gusting at 56 mph. Saw at least 4 flagsticks blown over.
Comedy moment of the day was my hat getting blown off and me chasing it about 100 yds across the course trying to catch it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, shot 31 points in those conditions, very happy. Supposed to be off to Reay tomorrow but wind is supposed to be worse ??

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for my last proper full course nine before work starts on the courses during winter. Driver decent, Putter decent, irons started off awful but largely getting away with it and improved towards end - started with my only bogey then went par - par double - double. ended with three more pars and a double in the middle for 41 - absolutely gorgeous day but hell of a windy from the West - so had to play the tenth which is drivable on the odd day in summer when wee get a 35mph breeze behind us - teed it up high and hit it well but the ground is apparently too soft to let it run onto the green - parred that so seven over for 10 holes which I'd take any day that I'm not getting everything together.

Last time I'll take a full bag of clubs out until March - will be Sunday bag with half a dozen clubs and largely a walk with some clubs rather than anything serious.

IMG_6420.jpg
Looking across the Ashludie course as I walked off the second tee - did I say it was nice out there?

IMG_6424.jpg
8th hole, Ashludie course at Monifieth Links from 9th fairway

IMG_6421.jpg6th green Ashludie course at Monifieth Links - took this pic because the par I got today is the last chance I'll get to play this till the work on the course is done this winter.

IMG_6422.jpg
You need a baseball cap (Only time I ever wear them) to have a chance of seeing your ball in the air when the sun is this low - 9th hole Ashludie course at Monifieth Links

Last edited:

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Frustrated by a lack of birdies in recent months I played bogey/par/matchplay against the course today. The comp blocks were still out. I applied the 95% even though was just a social knock.
Managed 3 birdies, so successful on that front! Were some shocker holes though at times.
3 jabbed 16 to go one down, halfed 17, then fatted approch on 18 (arrgh). Chucked a ball down and that went to 3 feet. Oh well, 2 down.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Tough gig today with a strong wind blowing in a strange direction across the course. Which was adding the equivalent of 40 odd yards to shots into the wind.
Even down wind, shot selection was difficult.

Didn’t have much feeling in the swing and made some poor decisions and swings that were punished more than normal due to the weather.

Shot 86 in the end, which was not a bad score all things considered.

We did manage to play 18 teeing off at 1:30 which was nice, thanks to getting through two extremely slow players on the 4th.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Flew over yours as we landed early doors and drove up to Golspie. Didn't miss the rain the wind, the sun, the hail.... did I mention the wind.... gusting at 56 mph. Saw at least 4 flagsticks blown over.
Comedy moment of the day was my hat getting blown off and me chasing it about 100 yds across the course trying to catch it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, shot 31 points in those conditions, very happy. Supposed to be off to Reay tomorrow but wind is supposed to be worse ??

You should enjoy Reay hopefully the wind won’t be to bad, I walked with my misses on part of the course this summer on the way down to the beach, some stunning looking holes and I just had to walk up to stand on one of the parr 3 tees to admire the view. Oh how I wish I could have played that hole.

Let us know what you think of Reay ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Total nightmare yesterday.

Started off fine, played the first 4 holes well. Hit a decent drive on 5 however second shot was hampered by a tree in the middle of the fairway. Tried to shape a shot round it, made a hash of it, then the wheels fell off. Swing fell apart and started either duffing or badly slicing everything. 7 blobs in the next 10 holes before I decided enough was enough and walked off.

Worst I've played since April/May when my game was in pieces. Am praying it was just a one off, will find out tomorrow.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played great yesterday. Shot 74 in pretty testing conditions for 39 points. Changed my putting grip and holed lots more putts, had 4 birdies. Was 1 under after 11 then the wheels came off as I was 5 over for the last 7 with most of them into a 20mph wind.

Lad I play with is off +2 and he was -4 for the back 9, was like watching a pro a times. That extra distance he has off the tee over me really shows up in those soggy, windy conditions. He was able to reach both long par 4’s while I was short on both, one of them by 40 yards even after 2 good hits.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played at same venue as Crow and was in group behind him, good to have a quick catch up on the putting green before we teed off.
Only had 2 shots and used them wisely garnering 8 points without using my putter ( missed tow golden birdie chances on 9 and 10 ) On SI 1 drove into fairway bunker , hit 3 hybrid to just short of the green and holed the chip. On SI 2 was in the trees on the left , punched a 4 iron out but failed to clear fairway bunker but holed out from 70 yards :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Team had 82 so as Crow said no where near the prizes but an absolute top day out with the lads

Wollaton Park is my home course. Great to hear that you both enjoyed your day. It's the rutting season so I hope our resident stags didn't cause too much trouble. They've been very aggressive this year.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with Fragger this afternoon.....
The Old Boy started par, birdie....7 points after 2 holes....:rolleyes:
Things calm down a little after that but he still 20 points going out....6 more than me.
Just felt I had no tempo or timing for the first few holes...
Added to that I had no luck on the greens again...
Back 9 was better..had 4 x 3 point holes on the bounce and only missed out on 20 points with a lost ball in the leaves coming up the last.
32 to 33 to him but I cant complain with his front 9 - hits a par 5 green in regulation and sinks the 10 footer for 4 points...what can you do?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Wollaton Park is my home course. Great to hear that you both enjoyed your day. It's the rutting season so I hope our resident stags didn't cause too much trouble. They've been very aggressive this year.

The stags were a little disconcerting at times but didn't get too close apart from on the 17th hole when one passed pretty close, the scent from it was very strong!

D

Deleted member 15344

Last comp of the year - Turkey medal , solid level par front 9 , 1 under the back , lots of birdie putts missed but happy to finish the season well - should win a Turkey

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Out with Fragger this afternoon.....
The Old Boy started par, birdie....7 points after 2 holes....:rolleyes:
Things calm down a little after that but he still 20 points going out....6 more than me.
Just felt I had no tempo or timing for the first few holes...
Added to that I had no luck on the greens again...
Back 9 was better..had 4 x 3 point holes on the bounce and only missed out on 20 points with a lost ball in the leaves coming up the last.
32 to 33 to him but I cant complain with his front 9 - hits a par 5 green in regulation and sinks the 10 footer for 4 points...what can you do?

Put in a supplementary card. As above, had a decent front 9, 20 points that could have been 25. But by comparison a poor back 9 with only 13 and 3 blobs and I got 7 of those points on 2 holes.

Left so many out there it’s untrue
Should have had 40 points today,

At least I feel that I am becoming more consistent, just need to keep plodding on

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Put in a supplementary card. As above, had a decent front 9, 20 points that could have been 25. But by comparison a poor back 9 with only 13 and 3 blobs and I got 7 of those points on 2 holes.

Left so many out there it’s untrue
Should have had 40 points today,

At least I feel that I am becoming more consistent, just need to keep plodding on
And you're going up to 23.2....:rolleyes:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Won my 1st round winter k/o match on 17th. My up and down from green side bunker had left my opponent with an 18” putt for a half to take us up the 18th. He missed it. I win hole and match 2/1. Found myself apologising for making him putt but he was gracious - saying that it was a match and a critical putt at a critical point, and his putt was nervy…Good man.

Anyway…generally pretty pleased with how I played. A triple on our 2nd, other than that only dropped 6 - so if not great at least tidy.