I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Headed out this morning hoping to miss the worst of the weather. Arrived at the club in a heavy downpour, but by the time we were due to be off it had cleared. Got caught in a few showers early on, but by the end of the round I was just in a t shirt.

Played pretty solidly and ended up with a 79. I had 4 doubles though, 3 of which were on par 3’s which came from badly hit first putts. I just couldn’t get the pace right on mid length putts, so this really let me down.

Thought I was going to hole out for eagle on our 17th, but the wedge from 80 yards stopped a foot short…..it looked great in the air ?.

Certainly feels like the game is moving in the right direction.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had our 12 hole closing competition, I didnt play as well as I have been doing recently but unusually for me I holes 5 or 6 decent putts so my score looked a lot better than played. One day i will putt like that while playing well too (hopefully)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went out in the afternoon, it was a little busier than usual as some people had obviously avoided the morning rain, but we went out off the 10th. I started with two pars but then blobbed the 12th sadly. After that it was all bogeys and pars for the rest of my round. Didn't feel like I played great but still managed to shoot 81 for 38 points. I had some fantastic play with the wedge and holed a couple of nice putts to keep the score together, despite only hitting two fairways all day I think. I am starting to think I could easily stand to lose two shots and I need to start getting some cards in. Competition next Saturday which I'll probably enter if the weather isn't shocking.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A cheeky +7 78 for 39 points today (off my new bandit course handicap of 10).and that includes making a right Horlicks of the 1st to blob it (double bogey)
My excuse is I'd just come from work and had a bit of a rush to make it so wasn't "ready"
After that I hit the ball pretty well, scored 19 points from the remaining 8 holes and continued on the back 9.
No real dramas, apart from the 1st, and Fragger was handed his arse most efficiently.
There's definitely a low one coming......

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'd intended to play my Spalding Cash-In putter in today's Stableford comp but the rain forecast for the morning put me off as I didn't want to ruin the old leather grip so I swapped it for a basic brass putter that doesn't even have a brand name on it.
Cue 4 three-putts, probably more down to my bad putting than the putter but I'm happy to blame the putter. :)

Even so I managed to score 37 points and sitting in third place in Div 2 so not too bad a day. (38 was the best score in both Div 1 & Div 2, not very nice weather)

Last edited:

bwstokie

Visit site
Catch up social 4 ball at Lilleshall Hall, soggy and squelchy under foot (really struggle in these kind of conditions to get any sort of decent compression) course probably should have been closed. Started appallingly but gradually pulled it together couple of birdies, 8 pars and some not so good. Covered in mud and everything needs a clean, downside of winter golf unfortunately. First run out with the JumboMax grips on (no practice) and really enjoyed the feeling and security in the grip.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
A rather frustrating 83 in windy conditions.
A pair of doubles, a tripple and a pair of 3 putts ruined what would otherwise have been a decent round.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Should have put a card in today but the wind was whistling around and gusting making some holes a real trial....
Only went and shot another 39 points didn't I :rolleyes:
Played the last 4 holes in 2 under including a 5 inch kick in birdie on the last..
In control of my ball almost all the way round and, apart from a couple of really dodgy lies, was never in trouble...
That low one is coming.....

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
On Saturday I poured scorn on a no-make putter that I used in place of the intended Spalding Cash-In because it was raining and I didn't want to get the leather grip soaked.
I blamed the no-make putter for the 4 three-putts in the round.

Today was a Seniors Stableford and the weather was set fair so I had the Cash-In in the bag. :)
Started with a couple of pars but then proceeded to three-putt the next four greens! :eek::eek::eek:

Putted better after that though and ended with 34 putts, the same as Saturday.

15 points out, 20 back for 35 total.

evemccc

Visit site
Played North Berwick West links today.

Marvellous course, absolutely loved it, it’s my new favourite course by far.

Birdied the hole named Perfection and got 6 pars, and my fair share of doubles and worse into the wind.

AliMc

Visit site
78 at Dunbar today, played decent but couldn't hole a putt, 35 putts, first game for a couple of weeks so a bit rusty, stuck a new grip on the putter to see if it helps, greens improving after the recent hollow tining