I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played an open at Fortrose today and what a small world drawn with ger147. It wasn't a good sigh when I got out of the car into rain after a morning of nice sunny weather and even less so when told by gerry there was a score of 59 net in from a 16 handicap who had shot 10 under their handicap. That was safe, shot 6 over the front and one over the back, in what was prob a 35 mph wind. That's golf though..played shite, shot a crap score

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played at a friend's course today and played really well shooting a 76 (par 72) which included a run of 13 straight pars (frustrating that there were no birdies but not going to complain).

Hit the ball well and putted really nicely all afternoon with only 1 stupid 3 putt turning a good birdie opportunity in to a bogey.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played in an open yesterday at north west golf club. 8 of us down and had a great day. It rained for like 4 days straight and stopped a couple of hours before we teed off. Pleasure walking along links turf with dry feet. Greens pure. Sun shining on us for the back 9. This is our group teeing off on 18 with the sun on our back. Great day had by all.

IMG-20211010-WA0008.jpg

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in a 4bbb Open at Kirkby Lonsdale with a pal. We were steady away and went there with the mentality of just attacking the par 5s to get a few 3 pointers.

We both made a complete horlicks of them and came off them with a combined 3 points across the 4 holes haha.

Still, the sun was shining, the course was in great condition and it was a perfect way to spend a morning.

20211011_064409.jpg
20211011_064337.jpg
20211011_064232.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played four holes yesterday evening at dusk, couple of balls, not a sole about. And I can feel, ever so slowly, what I have been working on over the last two months starting to bed in. By which I mean it doesn’t feel weird every time I address the ball, and sometimes it is working well..

Plus I had a blindingly obvious eureka moment…why using my high bounce 54* wedge was not working that well off a mat on an infill temp hole we have, and for some of my short game. I switched to my standard wedge and hey presto…the issues I was having vanished. Just have to dial it down for off the mat as full shot is way too much club or most probably for that shot use my gap/utility wedge - but that’s easy enough to do.

Onwards and upwards…

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played at Cuddington (near Banstead) (Surrey) today with @Imurg, @CVG and @Ser Shankalot courtesy of last years H4H auction voucher
Always a great course to play, we had a cracking time and I managed 36 points with 3 blobs against Imurgs meagre 32, Shankers 28 and CVG 24

Nice to see BIM at the end too

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors match today, the first 8 holes were to and fro, birdies winning five holes and net birdies two, we halved the 9th to turn 1 up.

After that every hole was being halved and the tension was building up until the 17th when they cracked and I won with a shot for net par and a 2 & 1 win.

The team won too for a change, 6-2

I was playing all Dunlop:
  • Dunlop Maxflite laminated 1 & 3 woods, late 1970s
  • Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades, 2 to PW, approx 1978
  • Dunlop Peter Thomson SW, approx 1973
  • Dunlop Peter Thomson putter, approx 1960
I was even wearing a Dunlop cap. :)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
played in a couple of end of season team opens this week, yesterday at my own course, I played really well apart from one hole and had 26 points after the 12 holes we played. Started in a similar vein today at Haydock Park with a couple of pars and a birdie in the first 5 holes but then was far more inconsistent, with a few more pars but also something I cannot remember last doing.. a fresh airt shot, from the fairway, I lined up a 3 wood and then completely missed the ball, didn't even graze it!!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to slip out for 7 holes, haven’t played for a while due to home situation and the wife being overrun with christening photo shoots. I was over on every hole but off the tee was a bit ropey one good drive the others slightly wayward but irons were good and it was just nice to have an opportunity to play. Out the country on business for a week so will be too busy. Then as soon as I am back, wife has another photo shoot and the boy starts half term …

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You know those days when all your putts drop instead of finishing an inch short?
Those days when the ball always kicks back to the green?
When the ball bounces off the tree back into the fairway?
The ball hops the bunker?
You thin a shot and it finishes pin high..?

Well, today wasn't one of those days.....:cautious:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Started like a train this morning, 21 points for the first 8 holes. Then the wheels came off. Blobbed two in a row, and game disintegrated for a few holes. Two lost balls and lots of visits to the sand. Fortunately picked up towards the end.

Ended with 35 points which is ok on what was a blowy morning, but could and should have been much better.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Actually played very well today and scored 41pts.
Handicap has been trending the wrong way recently, hoping for a decent cut tonight! :)

Forgot to mention : Polo shirt and shorts this afternoon .......................... and it's mid October!

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Tee'd off at 5:20 for 9 holes. Finished 57 minutes later. Couldn't see my drive off the 9th. Luckily it was just right of the fairway.

Managed to shoot 41 with a pair of doubles on the card.

Had a bright idea to completely change the settings on my driver as an experiment. It's fair to say the experiment was a complete failure. Whilst I did apear to gain a tad extra distance, but my I had no idea where the ball was going.

D

Deleted member 21258

Cant stop the rot growing and multiplying.

Some shots are dry rot, some shots are wet rot and the shots that are brown rot are right messy.

19.2 whs over. images.png

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot 61 around the 12 hole South course at Petersfield. Not a long course but one that can catch you out if you end up out of position. Drainage rather iffy though.

Boomy

Visit site
Played Silloth today, a mixed bag on an unbelievably flat calm day.. should have capitalised on that (and did for the front 9) but it became painfully slow stuck behind a visiting competition/group who seemed to think taking however long they fancied looking for balls was fine and a lot of them must have forgotten their pitch mark repairers… dreadful. One of their two ball’s in a buggy was holding up a walking group ? Lost concentration (and interest) Spent the back 9 repairing pitch marks.