I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today 34pts in the monthly stableford. 2 blobs in the first 5 holes and it was looking a disaster. But my game woke up and started to hit the ball consistently.
Played the roll up as well and won the blind pairs and came 3rd overall winning £8 overall, covering my competition entry and roll up entry

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last medal of the year, hit the ball really well but couldn’t make a putt all day.

8 on the 6th from being in the green side bunker in 2 blew the competition but kept it going and will probably see a small cut tomorrow.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friday actually...decided to just blast the ball off the tee rather than mess about trying to play safe shots off the tee as I can't do them.Went to get a ball out on the first tee and realised I had only 4 in there as I had emptied the random finds out. Bit of a panic, but calmed down as I thought I was bound to find one or two. Had a lovely day. Back to driving well, just blast the damned thing, and came off with 38, yes 38 balls in the bag. 10 were found in a random load of trees that I would normally be nowhere near but had decided to play off the back stumps and this one is 90 yards back from the usual "whites". So all in all, great day.:LOL:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just back from 3 days at East Sussex national with three rounds on the west course.
Great course in superb condition, but my word the greens were fast with very few flat putts.
The pins were tucked away in ridiculous spots due to a junior tournament that was being played.
I was driving really well, chipping like a muppet and putting like a beginner!
Needless to say my handicap is trending in the wrong direction. :mad:

As an aside, we bumped into the Leicester City U23 squad who were down to play Brighton, and what a delightful bunch of very polite young men they were ...................... a credit to LCFC.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Welsh Ladies Strokeplay at Newport all weekend so we had a reciprocal at Woodlake Park. (Near Usk)

Not a well known course outside the region. But The good holes are very good and the views of Llandegfedd Reservoir and the Brecon Beacons are super.

Lovely weather today. Just had a friendly 4BBB and it was great fun.

Really enjoyed it

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played utter crap, but struck the ball nicely. Best since I was ill. Some great drives and iron shots.

Struggled to get the ball in the hole, must have had 8 lip outs at least. Shot 80 odd gross, but the score didn't really matter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back on my home course for the first time in a couple of weeks. Started off really poorly with two doubles, then four bogeys, then two more doubles - the latter of which was a four putt, embarrassingly enough. It my first time on the home course with my new putter and I just kept hitting everything 6-7 feet past the hole. Managed to birdie the 9th though to cover a few sins score-wise, then parred 10 & 11. Another birdie on the 13th was nice. In the end I managed 34 points, which is way more than I thought I'd get, or really deserved to be honest. 21 of them were on the back nine of 39. (Front was 46.)

My mate played one of the funniest shot I've ever seen on the 6th tee. 108 yard par three, he hit the purest knifed wedge I've ever seen, must have struck the exact equator of the ball with the leading edge, as it sounded like he hit it with a putter and it flew a good 30 yards over the green, over the adjacent 8th green and into a ditch by the 9th tee. ??

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Played in a club stableford comp. Got off to a terrible start, lost ball on the first and a 7 on the second. Steadied the ship and ended with 38 pts. Leader has 47pts atm. WHS has been cut from 15.8 to 10.0, maybe because its only my 2nd card? Definitely won't be able to play to that!

D

Deleted member 3432

Just a social round this morning. A scruffy 75.
No birdies, a single bogey but two doubles and a tap in eagle.

At least my game in decent shape when I'm calling 75 scruffy ?

No plans to play any more comps or put any more cards in until spring. Back is starting to play up so will be focusing on getting that sorted and working on a couple of things that need tightened up in my game

Course is greening up fast now, still plenty of run but definitely playing softer than it was. Much windier this last week or so back to proper Silloth golf ??

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Results just in from yesterday’s competition. It was won with a 59 (nett). To win I would have had to go round in 61 (-9) gross which is never going to happen. The winner is a 14 handicapper that went round in 3 over.
I have just had a look on WHS at his index and there are only two scores recorded, one of them being yesterdays result.

Highslice

Visit site
37 points off 18, very happy with that. Gross 89 which is my first time under 90.

Ground was absolutely rock hard for some reason, i was hitting 3 or even 4 clubs less into approaches because it was bouncing on so far. Hit a 210 yard 5i which is absurd for me, i usually carry 160.

Looking at the leaderboard there’s no outrageous scores, but lots of 37s and 38s (one 39), so I doubt I’ll get a prize on countback.
Surprising really as the wind was all over the place so I was expecting scoring generally to be more extreme, both high and low.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another very scrappy round...
Hit some good shots and hit some really dire ones too.
3 really poor holes but, probably, more good ones.
At least I played the last 5 holes to handicap.
Fragger was, well, Fragger..
The 16th summed up this species of golfer...
A knobbed drive (par 3) into the ravine between tee and green...ball more than a foot below his feet on a steep slope and in thick rough
Can't see the flag, hits it and the ball finishes 8 feet from the hole
Sinks putt - that's 3 for 3 then.....
Splendid:rolleyes::LOL:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
It was something I knew would happen sooner or later and today was the day.
Back from a week's holiday yesterday and had a comp today so I grabbed a set of clubs from the garage and chose a putter last night but didn't put it straight in the bag, "must remember to do that in the morning" I thought.

Got to the course this morning for a Stableford from the blue tees and went to roll a few putts on the practice green, :eek: no putter.

Quickly asked in the Pro Shop if they had a spare and all they had was a Taylor Made mallet of some sort (very short) and an even shorter Anser style putter.
Picked the Taylor Made even though I once swore I'd never hit a Taylor Made club.

Started awfully having to take a drop on each of the first three holes (two unplayables and one OB) and scored one point!
Only wielded the putter once in those three holes but holed a decent putt for the point.

Pulled myself together after that and finished on 33 points, putted very well and I can see why modern high MOI putters are called cheat sticks.
Should get a 0.1 cut if my maths is correct.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It was something I knew would happen sooner or later and today was the day.
Back from a week's holiday yesterday and had a comp today so I grabbed a set of clubs from the garage and chose a putter last night but didn't put it straight in the bag, "must remember to do that in the morning" I thought.

Got to the course this morning for a Stableford from the blue tees and went to roll a few putts on the practice green, :eek: no putter.

Quickly asked in the Pro Shop if they had a spare and all they had was a Taylor Made mallet of some sort (very short) and an even shorter Anser style putter.
Picked the Taylor Made even though I once swore I'd never hit a Taylor Made club.

Started awfully having to take a drop on each of the first three holes (two unplayables and one OB) and scored one point!
Only wielded the putter once in those three holes but holed a decent putt for the point.

Pulled myself together after that and finished on 33 points, putted very well and I can see why modern high MOI putters are called cheat sticks.
Should get a 0.1 cut if my maths is correct.
Judas!!

But they work;):LOL:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Results just in from yesterday’s competition. It was won with a 59 (nett). To win I would have had to go round in 61 (-9) gross which is never going to happen. The winner is a 14 handicapper that went round in 3 over.
I have just had a look on WHS at his index and there are only two scores recorded, one of them being yesterdays result.

Well if its any consolation his handicap will have taken an almighty cut if he has that few cards in ?