I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played a bounce game with a mate tonight, 1720 tee and breezed round in 2hrs 20mins as it was dead.
As usually happens after a fitting for new irons, was hitting the old ones really well on route to a 75 (+5) with a few decent putts thrown in.

Our "traveller problem" is quite a significant one it would seem!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Played Auchterarder gc today. Lovely little course. Pretty with lovely views, including across to Gleneagles from the 6th... £25 vs £250!
Front nine must be easy than the back, cos I was out in one over gross, with two birdies!
Not long, but really good fun and a couple of nasty holes to test you. 14th, par 3, is particularly horrible if you're left and up the hill off the tee... you won't have seen a drop to a narrow green like it! Well worth a visit if you're headed that way.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played for my club’s seniors in an away match against another club today … doubles. Had my best round of the year for 41 points, but my PP and I lost 4&3! One of our opponents, supposedly a 17 handicapper, blobbed one hole but played the other 17 at a total of TWO OVER PAR GROSS!! By my reckoning that was something like 51 points from a supposed 17 capper. Far be it for me to suggest anything …

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over the last two days I have bene playing at Hesketh in the Lancashire Ladies Handicap Knockout for The Lady Derby Trophy, there was a qualifying event a couple of weeks ago and the top 16 then play matchplay.
Yesterday I giving 5 shots I won 2&1 and then giving 7 shots I won at the 20th, so I was back again this morning. I was playing a girl with a course handicap of 26 and was giving her 15 shots. I played very well and was only 6 over gross when I lost 3&2 on the 16th.
My opponent just played unbelievably well for her handicap, only 3 holes worst than bogey and she even had an eagle!
I played below my handicap so shouldn't feel to bad but I am very disappointed.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Had my best round for ages today in the Seniors Stableford. +2 going out with 7 pars for 24 points and was going well on the back nine.
Got to the 18th knowing that I had a chance to break 80, something I've not done for years, decided not to add up my score and tried to swing a smooth 4 iron on the oar 3 with a carry over a lake, but I was still way to tense and hit a poor shot into the reeds the other side of the lake. Came off with a 7! :cautious:

I wish I'd added the score up, I only needed a double bogey 5 to finish for a 79, I'm sure I'd have been less tense with that knowledge.

Ho-hum, I still scored 45 points to win the comp by 1 and I reckon I should see a 1.2 shot reduction on the HI tomorrow. :)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Had my best round for ages today in the Seniors Stableford. +2 going out with 7 pars for 24 points and was going well on the back nine.
Got to the 18th knowing that I had a chance to break 80, something I've not done for years, decided not to add up my score and tried to swing a smooth 4 iron on the oar 3 with a carry over a lake, but I was still way to tense and hit a poor shot into the reeds the other side of the lake. Came off with a 7! :cautious:

I wish I'd added the score up, I only needed a double bogey 5 to finish for a 79, I'm sure I'd have been less tense with that knowledge.

Ho-hum, I still scored 45 points to win the comp by 1 and I reckon I should see a 1.2 shot reduction on the HI tomorrow. :)
Must be due to those games you've had with me recently, of course.
So when all the sombrero comments come flying in, blame me. ;)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back nine tonight, popped one out onto the road ( no car crashes thankfully) so was 3 off the tee and then hit 180 8 iron which came from nowhere should have been 150-155 ish ?. Played well enough, driver still a little off, will have a few balls at the range to just get back into position. Was 6 over with the treble bogey, no birdies 2 or 3 opportunities but did not get one , save those for another day.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
10pts after three holes in this today’s comp, including a 2. One point scored in the next four holes! Ended up with 30pts. On a positive note I think that I’ve finally worked out how to hit my 3-wood.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Myself & Fragger Played a Scramble at Little Hay today. With a chum and his boy.
A memorial do for our chum’s nephew.
Course is a pay and play Muni so it’s a bit rough around the edges - more weeds in the bunkers than sand ( luckily we didn't go in one)
But it was enjoyable...
It was very much a fun, non-organised affair..we didn't even have handicap allowances...
So we burned the place up, shooting 8 under gross.
Probably winners but that wasn't the point....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Myself & Fragger Played a Scramble at Little Hay today. With a chum and his boy.
A memorial do for our chum’s nephew.
Course is a pay and play Muni so it’s a bit rough around the edges - more weeds in the bunkers than sand ( luckily we didn't go in one)
But it was enjoyable...
It was very much a fun, non-organised affair..we didn't even have handicap allowances...
So we burned the place up, shooting 8 under gross.
Probably winners but that wasn't the point....
Of course, finding out we've won by 7 shots makes it most definitely the point...:p:cool:

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Had been looking forward to today's comp after playing well last Saturday and finishing strongly on Monday, but a stiff back midweek changed focus to resting so could at least play. So of course, +3 after nine, and +6 in the middle of fairway on 16 ..... then no scores on last 3 holes (was Stableford) ☹?? This game ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Classic what might've been round today. Or what should've been. I played really well, again. Shot 80, for the second time in a row, so really on form at the moment. Unfortunately.. I missed two tap-ins. Unbelievable. First one was on the 4th so my head was gone for the round then. Missed another one later on, and another 18 inch putt was missed elsewhere as well. Just absolutely embarrassing. Still haven't broken 80, but I've shot 80 with three tiddlers missed. Ridiculous.

As frustrating as that is, at least I entered the comp so the handicap will be coming down. 39 points, even holing the tap-ins wouldn't have won it as I believe the winner was on 43. Would've been nice to break 80 though. HAVE to sort that putting out. New putter on the way for birthday next week, that'll do it.. ? I had been putting well though recently only for it to go off a cliff. Oh well, at least I know 100% that the sub-80 is there for the taking now.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
And, I just bummed around for 13 holes inventing a different way to turn par into bogey, when all of a sudden, on the 14th tee I turned back into a golfer, par, par, par, wheels fall off, birdie.

The double on 17 was a spectacular failure. Hitting a wicked downhill 20 footer with 7 feet of break to two feet, and then missing that and the two footer back. The greenkeeper obviously had a bad night last night.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
18 holes this afternoon, wife’s photo shoot was on and off and eventually moved to tomorrow afternoon but I missed the competition ☹️. So got released this afternoon after building my son a Lego wrist firing device ( I got out quick just in case my wife became the target!)
Golf was good but slow with a couple of family groups, but they let me through and I got round. No birdies , 2 double bogeys, some poor putts but a round of 79 was the best I have managed this year .. which kind of indicates the rubbish I have been playing. I do feel I am improving, my slow take away is making a massive difference. The driving was good today, down the line little low, but that can be resolved. Greens were firm but slow today, I much prefer them soft and fast, I like seeing a ball spin and when the greens don’t let that happen then they are in need of attention.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Second card done for handicap today and think I've played the best round I ever played, bar one hole. 87 +17 with a 10(ten)at a par 3. My previous lowest handicap was 17 a good few years ago which I thought is roughly what I would be around this time.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Heaton Park today and somehow managed to shoot 78. I've never broken 90 on there before now.

Very little difference to my usual round, except a lot less 3 putts and a lot less wayward drives.

It was the 2nd of 3 cards needed to get a handicap via igolf, with the first being a 94, so I will be very interested to see what handicap I get after my 3rd round.

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Came 20th place out of 120 in yesterday's board comp with 35 points and 0.2 off the HI.

There were some good shots, some poor shots, two absolutely dreadful shots, but fantastic putting. (with the 1989 Ben Sayers Opel Line 1 ;))

Stupid game!

score 210904.png