I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a vets club match at Royal Cinque Ports today. Sadly it was foursomes format but it was in wonderful condition and I just love the place. The driver really really behaved itself and I barely missed a fairway on the front 9 and was really spanking it long.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played a vets club match at Royal Cinque Ports today. Sadly it was foursomes format but it was in wonderful condition and I just love the place. The driver really really behaved itself and I barely missed a fairway on the front 9 and was really spanking it long.

Cinque Ports is a lovely course!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Purgatory, why did I ever buy a driver. Ended up using my 3 wood on every hole from the ninth onwards. Usually with very good effect. One of the lads asked what I finished with. A bloody headache was my response.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Cranleigh yesterday with a friend … I occasionally play it as it is one of my club’s reciprocals. Nice course and in very good condition. My driver was a bit iffy, but my putting retrieved the day. 37 points.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Stathmore yesterday and Aylth today both courses in great condition and some great weather too. Greens not as quick as Kirriemuir. Scores going up, didn't play great on either now a few shots back off the lead. Drove the ball poorly, so not looking good for Rosemount ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
KO match, I didn't play particularly well, three down three to play I won the 16th and had a shot on the 17th, on the green with a very makeable putt for par but my opponent holed for birdie and so I lost 2 and 1.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We played at Lydd today. The welcome from the staff was excellent, the breakfast tasty and good value for money. The course was in very good condition although the greens were quite slow.
We will definitely be going back now that we know how all the holes plan out.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Kirriemuir, course in great shape, greens were really quick, rock hard and some difficult pin positions. Scores were not great, winner had 31 points off 19, i was 2nd with 30 played OK but I don't think I've hit so many greens and gone through the back. For some reason i was playing off 2, as I'd won there last time...?Very enjoyable course none the less. Stathmore today.
Playing in the pairs then, say hello to Norman from Ben from Shropshire if you see him at Strathmore ;)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played Silloth yesterday and, after being in somewhat of a purple patch recently, absolutely fell apart. I've no doubt that the 3hrs kip before a 6.30am journey time played a part in this but it was gutting and felt like I'd wasted an opportunity.

Ended up with just 21 points in the stableford.

Proceeded to take advantage of being driven for once and had a few beers in the clubhouse before heading back out in the afternoon for a texas scramble format and amazingly played better! Putter was on fire and had my moments elsewhere so our three man team went round and shot a 63.

Once again though, fantastic course and experience, just gutted I couldn't string together a good hole!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played at Sandiway yesterday, 4th visit, it is a super course, didn't play badly but a bit patchy a few pars and the highlight being a birdie on the dogleg par 5 4th.

I did lose 3 wood cover on the course, I asked the group behind if they had seen it, yes they replied, oh great says I who has it. Oh we saw it but we didn't pick it up!!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
9 holes plus a repeat of the 2nd tonight. Wasn’t mega off the tee and the first few iron shots were a bit poor, but got into it, tried some different strategies and finished 2 over gross with 3 dropped shots and a birdie. Need to work on those fringe shots where you can’t just pull the putter out and the driver is okay, but not where I want it to be.
Used an Ad333 ball tonight and it was holding really well on the greens .

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Really trying to make a concerted effort to play more golf and try to improve now my daughter is a bit older.

Played at Appleby yesterday. Great course and I paid £20 for the round, which was an absolute steal. True links experience with cracking views, even though its nowhere near the coast. Shot 94, 51 front nine and 43 back nine,so at least some improvement during the round.

Hadn't played a links style course before and couldn't get over how far the ball ran on down the fairways and greens. Also, I now understand why Heather and gorse is so punishing. Even 2 foot off the fairway in short rough, the chances of a good lie were slim.

AliMc

Visit site
Texas Scramble at The Hirsel in Coldstream today, really enjoyable, course in good nick, off 4 so no chance of winning, 3rd when I left, hobbled round today as I seem to have pulled a muscle in the inside of my leg just above my ankle, a new one for me but absolute agony, need to get some ibuprofen gell on it !

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Close House Filly today. It really is a lovely course. my only criticism would be that the par 3's are a bit similar and featureless. The rest of the course is great - it's pretty short, the main protection is the bunkers, some pretty deep ones and the greens are tricky.

Started off in a very strange fashion - par, blob, blob, par, blob - three lost balls in the first 5 holes! Driver had a mind of its own. Ditched it and hit hybrid off the tee, and it worked well. Ended up with 33 points to comfortably beat the lads I was playing with. Gave the driver another chance on 16 and 18, hit it like a dream both times!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Went out for a gentle knock after work. Left all my woods at home as I wanted to get used to hitting my longer irons again. My home course is generally a driver and a wedge/short iron and its meant that when I played Silloth on Tuesday and had to plot my way around I was screwed!

Went alright, pulling a lot left though which I think is due to my hip turn being non existent early on.